Introduction Post

Hello everyone on Skullknight!

First of all thanks for accepting my registration! I look forward to chat with everyone!

I discovered Berserk around a year and a half ago. I started by watching the anime (the 1997 one). At first the old style and animations kinda threw me off, and I put it on hold for a while but, after giving it another shot some time later, I fell in love with the story.
I discovered the Dark Souls series around this time, and after finding out about the relationship between both series I decided to start reading the manga.

I'm a huge fan of dark fantasy, and fantasy in general, so Berserk became a all time favorite of mine as I was advancing through the chapters.

I'm currently studying Modern Languages here in Portugal (English and Portuguese plan of studies) and recently I became a published author of a fantasy series at the age of 22! One of my several influences is definitely Berserk, although this will be more evident on my second book than it is on my first one because I only started reading the manga when I was revising the manuscript for the first novel.

I'm a huge fan of the site and the Skull Knight podcast, I usually listen to it on Fridays, as I play some Dark Souls :guts:

I've also read the translations Puella and others have put on the forum and I would like to thank them for their hard work!

Anyway I look forward to meet everyone and talk about Berserk, especially since we've had the wonderful news that the 'serk is back!

I would also like to apologize for some errors in advance as English is not my native language...

See you on the forums!!

:SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the community, Drakonite! Glad to have you here, and congratulations on that first publication! At just 22 that's pretty good!

Aazealh said:
Welcome to the community, Drakonite! Glad to have you here, and congratulations on that first publication! At just 22 that's pretty good!

Thanks Aaz for the reply and the kind words! It's still something that I have a hard time grasping myself but I'm just hoping for the best and just want to embrace this opportunity to tell the story I want to tell!

I shall also take your Berserk challenge sometime!

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Drakonite23 said:
Hello everyone on Skullknight!

I'm currently studying Modern Languages here in Portugal (English and Portuguese plan of studies) and recently I became a published author of a fantasy series at the age of 22!

Wow that's awesome! I'm 32 and am self-publishing (with ridiculously small quantities) my own horror,sci-fi,fantasy story. I do it on a 2-4 month basis considering I'm working on other stuff) But that's pretty neat! When my story is finished I'll release a big book with everything in it and try my luck to get it published for real! Keep up the good work and welcome aboard!

GiantSword Mufasa said:
Welcome! Any Dark souls fan is a friend of mine! :daiba:

Thank you! Praise that sun! :daiba:

jackson_hurley said:
Wow that's awesome! I'm 32 and am self-publishing (with ridiculously small quantities) my own horror,sci-fi,fantasy story. I do it on a 2-4 month basis considering I'm working on other stuff) But that's pretty neat! When my story is finished I'll release a big book with everything in it and try my luck to get it published for real! Keep up the good work and welcome aboard!

I think it all comes down to luck honestly and a bit on the publisher's policy. My publisher is really big on getting new authors on the market so that kind of went in my favor.
Thanks for the kind words and thanks for having me!

TheBranded1 said:
Welcome! :guts: Congrats on your work and just search all you can in the threads, they are very good topics.

Thank you for the kind words. I have been reading a lot of stuff here! Very interesting stuff!

Top Bottom