New Product of ART OF WAR Coming Soon (Guts & Slan)

New Product of ART OF WAR Coming Soon (Guts & Slan)
14 Aug 2015
Coming Soon...

Guts & Slan

Pre-order Period starts from: August 16th -(JPT)

Other details will be revealed on August 16th.

Please kindly wait for our update of this item.

We will be eagerly waiting for your pre-orders.

Thank you very much for your kind understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,
ART OF WAR

Is this a letter for platinum customers? You are able to preorder already?
This could be repaint of their older release (which is amazing, actually), if so - I have the old one and happy with it.

Just bought it for $440 and really like it. Considering the price bump for zodd revelations I'd imagine this is gonna go for 50k yen or so. Still worth it I think.

I was right, this is Guts&Slan repainted.

20150815_718894.jpg

20150815_89c36f.jpg

20150815_d9ca26.jpg

rayhato said:
I was right, this is Guts&Slan repainted.

It's at least a partial re-sculpt as well as a repaint. I'm happy to see something sort of new from AoW but I have the original Guts and Slan, it was the first AoW statue I ever bought in fact, and overall I don't like this new one as much. My personal opinion is that Slan's face and hair on this new one is not as good as on the original. Her face looks more scary and evil on the original. But I think her right hand actually looks better on this new one than the original though, the wrist of the right hand on the original sculpt always looked a bit too thin for my liking (even though I like the position of the right hand more on the original otherwise).

jonny_noog said:
It's at least a partial re-sculpt as well as a repaint. I'm happy to see something sort of new from AoW but I have the original Guts and Slan, it was the first AoW statue I ever bought in fact, and overall I don't like this new one as much. My personal opinion is that Slan's face and hair on this new one is not as good as on the original. Her face looks more scary and evil on the original. But I think her right hand actually looks better on this new one than the original though, the wrist of the right hand on the original sculpt always looked a bit too thin for my liking (even though I like the position of the right hand more on the original otherwise).
Partially agree.
What I like in this version:
- Paint job
- Guts looks impressive

What I like in the original (and dislike in this repaint):
- Color schema - purple hairs doesn't fit imo
- Price - I got mine for a less than a half of its current price tag, including shipping

I'd say I really love this statue and it definitely in top 5 in Art of War releases. I hope that people will like repainted version as well as the original.

rayhato said:
Partially agree.
What I like in this version:
- Paint job
- Guts looks impressive

What I like in the original (and dislike in this repaint):
- Color schema - purple hairs doesn't fit imo
- Price - I got mine for a less than a half of its current price tag, including shipping

I'd say I really love this statue and it definitely in top 5 in Art of War releases. I hope that people will like repainted version as well as the original.

Yeah, I'd agree with those points. I picked my Guts and Slan in Akihabara back in 2010 and similar to you, I think it was maybe half of the price of this new one. I still like the new one, don't get me wrong. I'd probably get it without a second thought if I didn't have the old one. There's some definite improvements over the original here, but that I do have the old one and still very much love it, I'm not sure this is worth 70,000 yen to me. It doesn't help that my country's exchange rate sucks at the moment. :magni:

I really have no Idea why people keep buying from AoW...
If I were AoW and with their means I would create so many great things. For the same price you could have a lifesize Guts bust... With a good face and decent paint, and not this...

They improved their faces but they are still not accurate to either the manga or anime.
The paint job is as always one of their strongest point but I agree with Rayhato the color scheme doesn't fit.

Overhall it's once a gain a giant flying fuck to collectors like me who originally bought a statue which was said to be " limited " and modified quite a bit and produced again... This is really ridiculous, and people who're buying this for this price are really insane....

This is a chance for those who have not ... after I agree with Theoden collector doesn't mean anything to be polite.I read on their website that they had received many fan demand :???: but which???

If people wanted it, they should have bought it when it was released. The idea that the fans demanded it so they re-release it is ridiculous and not one that anyone should support. If that's how AoW wants to play, then make the edition sizes open ended or be honest about their goal as an "only one" company and make it "only one, except when customers ask us to do one again". I've missed many statues in the past (AoW or other companies) that I will never have because they were sold as limited editions. Art of War is a company of hypocrites for telling me these are limited and then re-releasing them as new. A slight change in sculpt or paint is not new, it's a slightly modified re-release.

I'm not upset that you get to have an old statue, but I am upset that I supported this company under the belief that these were very limited edition collectibles.

Having said that, I like the original colors better

Couldn't have said it better bruhaha69.
It's like, this statue was so good tons of customers rushed AoW and begged them for it... Really? :casca:
There are tons of good statues with slan they could have made, and imo much more interesting.
Like making slan impaled by Guts with his DS? Well, That's something I should make :carcus:
Anyways, I wish AoW buyers would understand they are feeding this way of thinking... Why changing something that sells??

Theoden said:
... Like making slan impaled by Guts with his DS? ...

I was thinking similarly. There's other scenes from that same encounter that they could have done if they wanted to do another Guts and Slan. I even would have been more likely to have bought it in that case.

Price is 72 000 Yens ports excluded. For 43000 Yens you could own this http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_keywords=Female+titan&pagemax=15 ...

Theoden said:
If I were AoW and with their means I would create so many great things. For the same price you could have a lifesize Guts bust... With a good face and decent paint, and not this...

They improved their faces but they are still not accurate to either the manga or anime.
The paint job is as always one of their strongest point but I agree with Rayhato the color scheme doesn't fit.

Overhall it's once a gain a giant flying fuck to collectors like me who originally bought a statue which was said to be " limited " and modified quite a bit and produced again... This is really ridiculous, and people who're buying this for this price are really insane....
Haters gonna hate, haha.
AoW performed like 6 customer surveys for last 24 months and I'm pretty sure they following customer requests. Doubtfully that we are all customers they have, that means people request re-releases more than a new statues.
I'm a bit upset of their new release policy because they won't show prototypes and we can only guess what statues are they working on. When I answer their survey I always copy our requests from this topic - http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13858.0 - hope they will make Farnese riding on a Dragon Slayer :ganishka:
I also suggest them to hire or buy sculpts from Shinya Akao-san, with his works Art of War will get a new level of quality for sure.

Theoden said:
Price is 72 000 Yens ports excluded. For 43000 Yens you could own this http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_keywords=Female+titan&pagemax=15 ...
A-Toys have a shit quality, mate. Check their prototype of this statue, it was far way better. I wouldn't buy this even for 20k yen. And they ship their large statues in a coffin-size boxes so charges is unbelievably high (and yes, I like Shingeki no Kyojin too :slan: )

Theoden said:

I agree and disagree t the same time. I think what they did with the 20th anniversary statue was ridiculous, it went from 100 statues to around 300 in a matter of 5 years which is insane. But Zodd Revelation and Guts and Slan were treated much better, and haven't had any re releases in 10 years, which is quite a while (I was 10 years old in 2005, I didn't know what berserk was not did I have $500 to spend on a statue, just saying). I don't mind a rerelease after that amount of time, but I agree AoW can get crazy.

I respect the work you've done and look forward to your guts bust but I don't see the point in coming in every AoW thread and being so negative towards AoW and the people that choose to support them. Hate the company all you want, and you have every right to complain about them, but you come off pretty hostile to those of us that choose to purchase stuff from them which is unnecessary. At the end of the day, it's just and overpriced statue no matter how you slice it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
rayhato said:
AoW performed like 6 customer surveys for last 24 months and I'm pretty sure they following customer requests.

What makes you believe that they do? Your rationale, that because they only re-release old stuff it must mean it's what the majority of their clients want, is flawed. It's just that re-releases are much more cost-effective for them.

marioray said:
I agree and disagree t the same time. I think what they did with the 20th anniversary statue was ridiculous, it went from 100 statues to around 300 in a matter of 5 years which is insane. But Zodd Revelation and Guts and Slan were treated much better, and haven't had any re releases in 10 years, which is quite a while (I was 10 years old in 2005, I didn't know what berserk was not did I have $500 to spend on a statue, just saying). I don't mind a rerelease after that amount of time, but I agree AoW can get crazy.

I respect the work you've done and look forward to your guts bust but I don't see the point in coming in every AoW thread and being so negative towards AoW and the people that choose to support them. Hate the company all you want, and you have every right to complain about them, but you come off pretty hostile to those of us that choose to purchase stuff from them which is unnecessary. At the end of the day, it's just and overpriced statue no matter how you slice it.

They could treat it way better, improve it 1000 times, it's not the problem that matters here.
If you release something you sell, saying it's a limited product with a number that even comes with a plate, then there is a serious problem If you decide to re-release it later, even 10 years later. Because it makes the previous products less valuable.
So, good for you, you got a chance to grab it, but I wonder how would you feel as a fan If you bought the first one :slan: probably not very happy.
But yeah, that's not your problem, keep thinking that way.

My work is unrelated to this matter, I'm talking as an ex-big AoW customer. I'm not even coming to every AoW thread...
Man, If I complain, it's because I believe that If people didn't buy their products, everyone would be winning : you would get better products, and cheaper.
And I would add I never said anything hostile to AoW customers, since I own a good number of their products... I said I didn't understand why nowadays people would buy from them, and that AoW customers would be really insane, yeah. Sorry not sorry but it feels extremely obvious to me why one shouldn't buy anything from them anymore.
Just check out Gecco and their Guts... 1/6 39800 Yens and so much better face sculpting than AoW ever did... For a much lower price.
Also, considering it's also 3D printed (everything except the heads), which is much more costly than traditional prototyping, yeah, I will say it again, it's insane to buy AoW with their prices.

rayhato said:
Haters gonna hate, haha.
AoW performed like 6 customer surveys for last 24 months and I'm pretty sure they following customer requests. Doubtfully that we are all customers they have, that means people request re-releases more than a new statues.
I'm a bit upset of their new release policy because they won't show prototypes and we can only guess what statues are they working on. When I answer their survey I always copy our requests from this topic - http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13858.0 - hope they will make Farnese riding on a Dragon Slayer :ganishka:
I also suggest them to hire or buy sculpts from Shinya Akao-san, with his works Art of War will get a new level of quality for sure.
A-Toys have a shit quality, mate. Check their prototype of this statue, it was far way better. I wouldn't buy this even for 20k yen. And they ship their large statues in a coffin-size boxes so charges is unbelievably high (and yes, I like Shingeki no Kyojin too :slan: )

"Haters gonna hate" imply I kind of enjoy pouring all my negative feelings toward AoW without any valid reason, isn't it ? Is that what you think?
I never said A toys were making only good stuff. I looked at this AoT product and man, please look at the size. The sculpt job isn't bad, it just needs a repaint. With some AoW products you would need a resculpt as well as a repaint ...
Large boxes for shipping ? I own their first zodd revelations and the size of the box was way too huge for the size of the statue...

As it's been said previously, their surveys don't mean anything. I could give you so much more powerful scenes that people would probably enjoy much more than this scene... But yeah it's cheaper and faster to re-release with a few tweaks.

Aazealh said:
What makes you believe that they do? Your rationale, that because they only re-release old stuff it must mean it's what the majority of their clients want, is flawed. It's just that re-releases are much more cost-effective for them.
I mail them a lot. Some months ago I got a response that people requests 20th anniversary re-release more than anything else and they confused because of "last repaint", guts&slan and zodd&wyald were the next most requested. I'm not sure if new statue cost really much than a rerelease, in terms of development a new sculpt for sure but we don't know how much it affects the product price.

Theoden said:
They could treat it way better, improve it 1000 times, it's not the problem that matters here.
If you release something you sell, saying it's a limited product with a number that even comes with a plate, then there is a serious problem If you decide to re-release it later, even 10 years later. Because it makes the previous products less valuable.
So, good for you, you got a chance to grab it, but I wonder how would you feel as a fan If you bought the first one :slan: probably not very happy.
But yeah, that's not your problem, keep thinking that way.

My work is unrelated to this matter, I'm talking as an ex-big AoW customer. I'm not even coming to every AoW thread...
Man, If I complain, it's because I believe that If people didn't buy their products, everyone would be winning : you would get better products, and cheaper.
And I would add I never said anything hostile to AoW customers, since I own a good number of their products... I said I didn't understand why nowadays people would buy from them, and that AoW customers would be really insane, yeah. Sorry not sorry but it feels extremely obvious to me why one shouldn't buy anything from them anymore.
Just check out Gecco and their Guts... 1/6 39800 Yens and so much better face sculpting than AoW ever did... For a much lower price.
Also, considering it's also 3D printed (everything except the heads), which is much more costly than traditional prototyping, yeah, I will say it again, it's insane to buy AoW with their prices.

"Haters gonna hate" imply I kind of enjoy pouring all my negative feelings toward AoW without any valid reason, isn't it ? Is that what you think?
I never said A toys were making only good stuff. I looked at this AoT product and man, please look at the size. The sculpt job isn't bad, it just needs a repaint. With some AoW products you would need a resculpt as well as a repaint ...
Large boxes for shipping ? I own their first zodd revelations and the size of the box was way too huge for the size of the statue...

As it's been said previously, their surveys don't mean anything. I could give you so much more powerful scenes that people would probably enjoy much more than this scene... But yeah it's cheaper and faster to re-release with a few tweaks.

Hey, I just wanted to say it always someone who like and someone who dislike. Good for you since you save some money for something better, good for someone who missed original run. If you talking about value you look like "I care only about the money". All that matter is emotions you getting, the motivation you have - when I was opening my first Art of War box I was more excited than ever buying my first car.
I have to admit that Art of War threat their every customer, sometimes you can mail them and request something - and whola, they can add items in stock and vice versa. I buy a lot of merchandise from Japan and must say that I had best services from Art of War. That makes me believe our surveys means something.

As for Gecco release you can't really compare handcrafted and handpainted polystone statues with printed PVC. If you like them - buy them, that's all.

And for A-toys boxes... Well, I'll just leave a picture.
plug-in-lust1389960891.jpeg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
rayhato said:
I mail them a lot. Some months ago I got a response that people requests 20th anniversary re-release more than anything else and they confused because of "last repaint", guts&slan and zodd&wyald were the next most requested.

We weren't talking about what repaint people want most, but whether the majority of their customers would prefer to get new sculpts or not. Given the small size of their customer base and the fact the core collectors likely own most products, I have a hard time believing the consensus is for more of the same at twice the price. There are plenty of discussions on the subject, dating back years and years ago, that echo this sentiment.

rayhato said:
I'm not sure if new statue cost really much than a rerelease, in terms of development a new sculpt for sure but we don't know how much it affects the product price.

I said it was more cost-effective for them, not for the customer. Big difference.

rayhato said:
As for Gecco release you can't really compare handcrafted and handpainted polystone statues with printed PVC. If you like them - buy them, that's all.

It's true AOW does great paint jobs, and Polystone is nicer than PVC, but I'll take Headlong's sculpts over theirs any day. And their "handcrafted" statues are manufactured in China, just like all the others.

Top Bottom