New Product of ART OF WAR Coming Soon (Guts & Slan)

rayhato said:
I mail them a lot. Some months ago I got a response that people requests 20th anniversary re-release more than anything else and they confused because of "last repaint", guts&slan and zodd&wyald were the next most requested. I'm not sure if new statue cost really much than a rerelease, in terms of development a new sculpt for sure but we don't know how much it affects the product price.

Hey, I just wanted to say it always someone who like and someone who dislike. Good for you since you save some money for something better, good for someone who missed original run. If you talking about value you look like "I care only about the money". All that matter is emotions you getting, the motivation you have - when I was opening my first Art of War box I was more excited than ever buying my first car.
I have to admit that Art of War threat their every customer, sometimes you can mail them and request something - and whola, they can add items in stock and vice versa. I buy a lot of merchandise from Japan and must say that I had best services from Art of War. That makes me believe our surveys means something.

As for Gecco release you can't really compare handcrafted and handpainted polystone statues with printed PVC. If you like them - buy them, that's all.

And for A-toys boxes... Well, I'll just leave a picture.
plug-in-lust1389960891.jpeg

So, you mean AoW customers are so different than people from this forum ? Talking about Skullknight.net, I think it attracts a great deal of people. I don't want to talk for anyone else, but as I said previously, many other scenes would have been more wanted, but in order to know that, you have to know at some extent the manga, and of course really love it.
I will try to be clear : I'm not implying AoW aren's true fans or anything. I'm just saying some scenes would be sold out and you don't have to be a genius to to know that.
Here, just yesterday, I opened volume 13; and I found tons of kickass possible statues to make, like this one :

11144444_10153043286703244_4270858559883046713_n.jpg

But yeah right, people really wanted again Guts & Slan, even considering the fact there is no current accurate face sculpt of one of the most important character in the story : Casca...
Really ... :casca: I really find that extremely hard to believe. My take is that it's much more easy to say it's what the customers want instead of trying something "new", especially when you can't make accurate faces....

As for Gecco release you can't really compare handcrafted and handpainted polystone statues with printed PVC

You do realize digital sculpting is still done by hand ? Or maybe you think the computer is doing everything, without any emotion or human touch ?
Of course it's handcrafted but it's still handmade. And yeah, you can compare the insane level of detail and accuracy you can get with 3D printed stuff to traditionally sculpted sculptures. Nowadays every big company ( sideshow, XM, Kotobukiya and so many others ) are working digitally and not traditionally anymore.
For all the following reasons : it's cheaper, faster, better. When you can work in 3D and zoom on a statue which will be printed in 1:7 scale you can add easily so much details. Without having physical constrains which makes things really faster.

I'd say, basically, the main issue would be polystone vs printed PVC. But PVC isn't that bad, you can add the same amount of detail, it's not as fragile as polystone and it's easily paintable, same as polystone, except it's a cheaper material. The only downside I see, aside from personal preferences, is that figures can lean with time. But I'd say it would happen only If you don't care about the high temperatures where you display your statue.

I personnally don't care if it's PVC or polystone, or resin. As long as the statue is good. You got every right to like better AoW products because they are made from polystone... For me the sculpt job is far more important, and I think it is clear how superior the Gecco statue is about the face accuracy of Guts.

Again, I'm no defender of A-Toys. I had the sculpt in mind of a specific statue, I wasn't referring to the entire brand to begin with.

Theoden said:
They could treat it way better, improve it 1000 times, it's not the problem that matters here.
If you release something you sell, saying it's a limited product with a number that even comes with a plate, then there is a serious problem If you decide to re-release it later, even 10 years later. Because it makes the previous products less valuable.
So, good for you, you got a chance to grab it, but I wonder how would you feel as a fan If you bought the first one :slan: probably not very happy.
But yeah, that's not your problem, keep thinking that way.

My work is unrelated to this matter, I'm talking as an ex-big AoW customer. I'm not even coming to every AoW thread...
Man, If I complain, it's because I believe that If people didn't buy their products, everyone would be winning : you would get better products, and cheaper.
And I would add I never said anything hostile to AoW customers, since I own a good number of their products... I said I didn't understand why nowadays people would buy from them, and that AoW customers would be really insane, yeah. Sorry not sorry but it feels extremely obvious to me why one shouldn't buy anything from them anymore.
Just check out Gecco and their Guts... 1/6 39800 Yens and so much better face sculpting than AoW ever did... For a much lower price.
Also, considering it's also 3D printed (everything except the heads), which is much more costly than traditional prototyping, yeah, I will say it again, it's insane to buy AoW with their prices.

"Haters gonna hate" imply I kind of enjoy pouring all my negative feelings toward AoW without any valid reason, isn't it ? Is that what you think?
I never said A toys were making only good stuff. I looked at this AoT product and man, please look at the size. The sculpt job isn't bad, it just needs a repaint. With some AoW products you would need a resculpt as well as a repaint ...
Large boxes for shipping ? I own their first zodd revelations and the size of the box was way too huge for the size of the statue...

As it's been said previously, their surveys don't mean anything. I could give you so much more powerful scenes that people would probably enjoy much more than this scene... But yeah it's cheaper and faster to re-release with a few tweaks.

You misunderstood me, I do own the original, and the newer version doesn't make me feel any worse about my deciosion. I still stick to what I said and defend them in this case, but I agree they aren't always easy to defend (I doubt there are many AoW apologists out there, most people with a level head can see they have done some crummy shit).

And by hostile I don't mean you come out and attack them individually, its just the way you come off when you say people are insane for buying their work.

Lastly, I think you have to realize that most people (including myself) don't have the same understanding as to what goes into making these products as you do, so "obvious" reasons to you may not be as obvious to most people.

4 pieces left for international customers and 14 pieces still available on japan website. Looks like this didnt sell very well. Maybe they should lower the production to 10 or 20. I still think this figure is very beautiful though. I especially like the intestine base with blood. Im waiting patiently for the next figure from AoW i hope will be an epic one!

the problem here is the price point, its just not the right one.If you cant sell 50 peices of a statue , which is one of the favorites for many AOW fans obviously it has something to do with that 70 000 yen price tag. costumer are perceiving that the value they are receiving for the price they are paying is not the right one, dont get me wrong they do great things but their prices are not right

Re: New Product of ART OF WAR Coming Soon (Guts & Slan)o

i paid mine original 350$ shipped to my house. At the rate of 800 bucks after shipping AOW you can go F yourself in the workshop.

Top Bottom