Episode 339

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Yes!!! Now what can we say about that first taste? Tapasa going to check on a "flattened" Rakshas just to see him emerge in his apostle form? Thx RaffoBaffo!

Also, is Rickert recognising Silat from when he attacked the Falcons in the golden age?

:ubik:
It's been so long since we've seen the Tapasa in action! I'm wondering if we'll see one of the them bite the dust in this episode. Where are the other two? Ugh. Cannot wait to see what's in store.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The shading effect from the fading sun is phenomenal on that first page. If the episode title (relating to the moon over the city) holds true, this will be quite a visual spectacle.

Proj2501 said:
:ubik:
It's been so long since we've seen the Tapasa in action!

We've never really seen them go all out, and this could be their big moment.

Where are the other two?

I'm sure they're around. Since this was an infiltration mission, probably best to go in with a small group.

I recently read the series all over again and have noticed several things I didn't catch years ago. One being, we never saw how the very first fight between Rakshas and the Tapasa ended. They obviously fled and I assume they did so because the odds were stacked way against them and not solely because of Rakshas alone.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
I recently read the series all over again and have noticed several things I didn't catch years ago. One being, we never saw how the very first fight between Rakshas and the Tapasa ended. They obviously fled and I assume they did so because the odds were stacked way against them and not solely because of Rakshas alone.

Yep. But I mean, if they were killed, that would probably be something we'd have seen.

At the time, they were just introduced, so I suppose Miura didn't deem it necessary to show they safely made it out. Or, y'know, there were 6 of them at one point. :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
At the time, they were just introduced, so I suppose Miura didn't deem it necessary to show they safely made it out.

They were introduced in Volume 18, four volumes preceding the attack on Shet. I think he didn't show them escaping because it would have disrupted the pacing of the whole scene. Again, it'd be very unlike Miura to introduce a unique set of characters like that only to have them killed between pages.

Anyway, I haven't bothered to do so, but if you're interested you could probably compare the signs on their foreheads with their various appearances to confirm whether they survived that encounter.

Walter said:
Anyway, I haven't bothered to do so, but if you're interested you could probably compare the signs on their foreheads with their various appearances to confirm whether they survived that encounter.

Haha. Jesus. You're totally right. I completely forgot about the markings. And, I don't have the books on hand, I was referring to the fight where Zodd, Grunberd, Rakshas and Locus all meet for the first time and pledge loyalty to Griffith. Were they introduced earlier?! No, right?

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Proj2501 said:
Haha. Jesus. You're totally right. I completely forgot about the markings. And, I don't have the books on hand, I was referring to the fight where Zodd, Grunberd, Rakshas and Locus all meet for the first time and pledge loyalty to Griffith. Were they introduced earlier?! No, right?

We briefly saw them when Guts just mowed down a kushan scoot. You know with Isidro hiding behind the barrel. Then Silat comments on him and how they could take him down but probably with some loss on their side. Vaguely something like that. (volume 18 as mentionned a bit upper then me)

Oburi

All praise Grail
From the bottom of that page, I imagine the Tapasa must be quite gruesome to look at up close in fine detail, even for Rickert. I mean, it's just super ripped tendons and muscles exposed all over the body right?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Episode title is "The capital city under the moonlight".

I wonder what potential effects the full moon might have on the city and its surroundings, given its magic-enhancing properties. And... could it be we'll get to see the boy? This episode's title is constructed just like that of episode 238.

jackson_hurley said:
Also, is Rickert recognising Silat from when he attacked the Falcons in the golden age?

He's saying "what the hell...?!"

Proj2501 said:
I completely forgot about the markings.

Just so it's clear, the four Tapasa are still very much alive, they're just rarely all out together during scouting/infiltration missions. Besides, someone's got to head the clan while Silat's away.

jackson_hurley said:
We briefly saw them when Guts just mowed down a kushan scoot. You know with Isidro hiding behind the barrel. The Silat comments on him and how they could take him down but probably with some loss on their side. Vaguely something like that. (volume 18 as mentionned a bit upper then me)

They were also there when Femto was incarnated.

Oburi said:
From the bottom of that page, I imagine the Tapasa must be quite gruesome to look at up close in fine detail, even for Rickert. I mean, it's just super ripped tendons and muscles exposed all over the body right?

Well they're not skinless if that's what you mean by exposed. They're just grossly ripped (and have giant calluses in key places), like they've spent their entire lives training excruciatingly (and have favorable genetics).

jackson_hurley said:
Tapasa going to check on a "flattened" Rakshas just to see him emerge in his apostle form?
Hmm, I think a Tapasa will pick up Rickert and they'll run for it. Sticking around to check if the monster's dead doesn't usually work out too well, at least from what I've seen in horror movies. :ganishka: (Actually, I believe a similar scenario was mentioned by someone else in the thread about episode 338 and it seems pretty likely to me.)

Oburi said:
LOL, Maybe the Tapasa are what Luka and the other girls are reacting to from that preview where they're looking shocked. :isidro:

From that same preview it showed Rakshas perched atop a stone falcon as if he's watching something. If Silat and company do make a run for it maybe that's showing Rakshas following and observing them to see where they go. :rakshas:

Aazealh said:
Episode title is "The capital city under the moonlight".

I wonder what potential effects the full moon might have on the city and its surroundings, given its magic-enhancing properties. And... could it be we'll get to see the boy? This episode's title is constructed just like that of episode 238.
Cool! I hope so. It would be nice to learn some more about him.

Also, would this be the correct magazine to get for this newest episode? http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1846509 Seems like I remember seeing a post that it would be in the one releasing on August 28th, right?

Can't wait to see what's going to happen! :guts:

Excuse the damn dirty scans. Trying to keep track of which Tapasa we've seen.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/RRomero704/berserk-1591236_zpsixgvmyt2.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/RRomero704/berserk-28502_zpsjprlkewe.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/RRomero704/berserk-1593036_zpsvuovanyt.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/RRomero704/berserk-1593592_zps74e0ggm4.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Excuse the damn dirty scans. Trying to keep track of which Tapasa we've seen.

You're missing a few scenes. The last time we had seen them prior to this was in episode 294.

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
RaffoBaffo said:
Full Episode is out

Awesome, lots of cool new stuff here. Looking forward to hearing some translations.

That scene with the luca and the Tapasa is hilarious enough as is though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha nice, Griff was right about Rakshas' cloak!
Those panels of him without the mask, faceless, are somehow more disturbing than anything else I had thought of.

RaffoBaffo said:
Full Episode is out

He gets crushed and walks it off, he gets stabbed in the head and switches to a dummy body at the last second. How is anybody meant to kill Rakshas? He seems to have an answer for everything.

Top Bottom