mildew stains

hi i need advise if there is a way to clean mildew stains, i had an unpleasant surprise when i saw those stains on some of my statues , i cleaned most of them with just a damp cloth , but to of my figures are still stained, is there a better way to clean those mildew stains?

hubalo said:
hi i need advise if there is a way to clean mildew stains, i had an unpleasant surprise when i saw those stains on some of my statues , i cleaned most of them with just a damp cloth , but to of my figures are still stained, is there a better way to clean those mildew stains?

show some pics i can better assist

DSC01363_zpsbebxh6b1.jpg

there you can apreciate more or less the white ish dots, they dont desapear with just water :judo:

They have mold and mildew stain removers at most grocery stores. I'd suggest getting a q-tip or cotton ball and applying a small amount of liquid to the statue. If you go in small, consecutive applications you won't appreciably affect the paint.

Edit: Apparently spelling is not my strong suit.
:badbone:

hubalo said:

Hi Hubalo. So sorry to hear about your statues. =( How were these statues stored when you discovered the stains? Were they in the boxes, in a glass case, or out in the open? I remember back in the day I received some AOW statues and when I opened it it was wet / damp inside. So I had to make sure to air them out before storage. I sent a complaint to AOW about it way back when... This was around 7 years ago or so~

DirectDK said:
Hi Hubalo. So sorry to hear about your statues. =( How were these statues stored when you discovered the stains? Were they in the boxes, in a glass case, or out in the open? I remember back in the day I received some AOW statues and when I opened it it was wet / damp inside. So I had to make sure to air them out before storage. I sent a complaint to AOW about it way back when... This was around 7 years ago or so~

hi, no it was completly my fault i suppose,cause i have the cabinet storage just below the air conditioning , so when i turn it down, i didnt notice until now that they sweat a lot!

hubalo said:
DSC01363_zpsbebxh6b1.jpg

there you can apreciate more or less the white ish dots, they dont desapear with just water :judo:

Sorry for the delay. I looked into this and I have a few solutions depending on how comfortable you are with them and how much knowledge you have of paints.

1. Baking soda mix with water and use a cloth to wipe over the stains 1 at a time gently.
2. Take a lemon wedge and Q tip and dab the Q tip with lemon and then gently rub on the mildew (be really careful with lemon juice on statue)
3. Bleach highly diluted with water (i dont suggest this) this would kill the mildew and diluted enough wont harm the paint.

Hope this helps

Top Bottom