Why didn't SK killed the Count, Rosine and those other random Apostles?

Pedro-kun

I sacrifice my ''Personal Text'' for eternal life.
I'm talking about the episode when SK ''saved'' Rickert. He could have killed all of them, but he let them escape, why?

Oburi

All praise Grail
The only reason he intervened was to save Rickert. He wasn't about to risk Rickert's life over a few apostles. That's why he got out of there as soon as possible. :daiba:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Pedro-kun said:
I'm talking about the episode when SK ''saved'' Rickert. He could have killed all of them, but he let them escape, why?

Because killing them would have served no purpose as far as he's concerned, and it might have tipped his hand to the God Hand regarding his plans to intervene during the Eclipse. The Skull Knight has been around for a long (long) time, and unlike Guts he's not interested in merely killing every apostle he can. He's after the heads of the organization, and so he uses a slow and deliberate approach. Killing apostles randomly changes little in the grand scheme of things, because the Idea of Evil can and will course-correct using the laws of causality.

So, in short, saving Rickert was the far-reaching disruption he wanted to achieve. Doing anything more was not only unnecessary but undesirable to him.

Top Bottom