What hobbies do you have?

Yozuru

"I say when it ends!" - Lucina
I feel like this is a good topic to bring up, since the last time this topic showed up was about 14 years ago. :slan:

Here is a list of my hobbies:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Picture framing - I buy wood, glass, and matte to make frames for art that I buy.
[*]Drawing - I love to draw, my favorite medium is charcoal.
[*]Biking - I am not a very strong person, but biking is fun and relaxing. The trail which I go also has a nice view at the end of the trail which keeps me motivated.
[/list]

What are you hobbies/interest? I would love to know more about your guys. :casca:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I have several
1. Running, did a marathon 3 years,ago
2. Spanish group, where I'm the native speaker and members ask or talk to me to get practice .
3. Hiking, many mountains close by here in arizona
4. Manga, besides berserk I have other series I collect and reread as well.
Those,are the ones I do the most, but have others as,well.

Several here as well:
1. Modeling, I do mainly military figures, a bit of scifi and comic kits here and there
2. Video games, especially Dark Souls, but also other action/rpg, point&click adventures and such
3. Reading, lots of comics, scifi/cyberpunk and fantasy novels and technical books

I draw both professionally and for fun so I'm not sure if I can technically list that as a hobby :ganishka:

But here's some other stuff I like doing:
1. Exercising and walking my dog around the neighborhood. My dog is a beagle/terrier mix and we named him Murphy after Robocop haha
2. Video games. Mostly Dark Souls, DDR, Doom (the old ones), Fallout: New Vegas, and recently I started another playthrough in TES 4: Oblivion since I never got to play the community mods when it first came out
3. Practicing sword styles/moves in my backyard :p I've got a Ronin Katana Dojo Pro 13 and the 'antiqued' Hanwei Scottish Claymore (along with a bunch of small knives, machetes, and tanto)
4. I read an awful lot too. Mostly fantasy stuff like Game of Thrones and Berserk (obvs) but I jump around to other genres too sometimes. I'm also writing a story about people in a sort of Hellraiser-esque hellish dimension so instead of reading in the evenings I'll work on that. Eventually I want to make it into a webcomic but that's in the far distant future.

-I love nature. I like going for walks, hiking (just a longer version of a walk in a more wilderness setting?), and camping.
-Collecting rocks and minerals
-I also like poking around looking at antiques.
-I love to read, too. Fantasy is my favorite genre.
-Watching anime

-I read quite a lot, mangas that I read or reread (Berserk of course, but also Gantz, Vagabond and a lot,lot more...), but also books (mainly fantasy and fantastic).
- I play video games when I can find some time (I finished MGS5 recently) and I like to play some oldies (currently playing Ocarina of Time, again !).
-I like to spend times with animals, and I'm a volunteer at my local shelter. My 9 years old cat and my 7 years old cat both come from there. I have an 11 years old rabbit too... :daiba: Soon I will get a Newfoundland puppy :ganishka:
-I watch movies and TV shows with my girlfriend :)

martial arts! I used to do Kenpo several years ago but it got too expensive. I am happy that my college is now offering FREE kenpo karate lesson in the gym to all faculty and students. I am so pysched about this!

I also like Zumba!

Some what a friend of my family has gotten me into doing archery, it is more fun than I anticipated.

Reading

watching Korean dramas

keeping a journal

walking around in nature.

I like to read historical fiction and non fiction, fantasy, manga, and to play video games; generally lots of RPG's, RTS and FPS's.

For many years I was an avid coin collector, however that has basically transitioned into silver stacking. Watching the price of silver multiply while so many other investments seemed to tumble during the recession had quite an impact on me. Gonna be ready next time!

Recently I also started getting into vaping. It's taken the edge off of some stress I have been dealing lately and it's not even close to being as expensive or unhealthy as smoking.

I'm mostly a shut-in, so just manga, anime, videogames, blogging, and the like.
I bike places for transport when I need to, just because its okay and good exercise.
I skype with my three or so friends quite a bit, too.

I love writing and I'm currently working on a huge story of mine. Pretty much being a hermit for the summer and working on it. I would love to do it professionally one day.

Also love to do write ups / reviews on music, which I'll be doing regularly pretty soon. I've been obsessed with music for damn near my whole life.

Other than that, video games, being one with the interwebs, cat videos etc.

Tabris said:
Also love to do write ups / reviews on music, which I'll be doing regularly pretty soon. I've been obsessed with music for damn near my whole life.

How's that Atrium Carceri review coming up? Any other bands/ albums in the works?

IncantatioN said:
How's that Atrium Carceri review coming up? Any other bands/ albums in the works?

I actually wrote that a while ago for some practice. It'll probably get posted not too long after I create my website. I assure you that album got a pretty damn positive review hah.

There were a few more albums I did before I moved actually. I pick them randomly from my music collection since it makes things a lot more fun and sometimes forces me into listening to something I might not normally or have known about before. There was:

Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
PIG - Sick City / Shit For Brains
Ashes Divide - Keep Telling Myself It's Alright
Curve - Coming Up Roses

and I was in the process of Jakalope - It Dreams, but I ended up moving and decided to focus on my story for a while. Won't be too much longer before I get into the reviews again. Thanks for asking!

TheClangingSwordsman

Put your glasses on, kid. Nothing will be wrong.
-Lifting weights and going to the gym is a passion of mine. I was always super skinny and lanky as a kid so building muscle is new and exciting
-Reading manga and novels. Very much into the fantasy setting but also like thrillers.
-Watching movies and anime. I'm trying to work on my critical thinking and analytic skills so I try my best to watch movies and anime and not just take it at face value.
-Playing guitar. I've played on and off for 3 years and am still quite bad but it's fun!
-Creating videos and editing videos is something I've started doing recently and I'm really enjoying it!
-Finally I love arguing with strangers on the internet about all kinds of stuff!

The Wack Swordsman

Put your grasses on.
Hah! Biking truly is relaxing! I always cycle to my workplace.

I'm a biochemist and my hobbies are:

1. Reading BERSERK duh (I might be addicted... Who am I kidding... I am addicted...)
2. Drawing (not an expert of course but I sure as hell like it very much)
3. Playing the piano
4. Do some lifting (with friends because it's fun and TO BE LIKE MAH BOY GUTS, not that I'm build like him but if you're weak make sure you're less weak by the morrow)
5. Planning on keeping some bees (how close can you get acting like a pokémontrainer or GOD?)
6. Hanging out with friends and other socially acceptable stuff since I'll otherwise end up doing too much geekstuff. Just kidding, it's okay to do things like that!
7. Praising the likes of Tolkien and stuff that falls into that category.
8. Reading historical literature. I do have a healthy interest in the latter.
(perhaps a bit unhealthy when it comes to WO2)
9. Waiting for a cute girlfriend to casually pop up. :farnese: :carcus:

It's nice reading these posts of fellow BERSERK fans (perhaps I have too much time on my hands).

My hobbies in no particular order:

1. Collecting: Mostly Figures of things Important to me but also Music, Movies, Books and such.
2. Guitar: Been playing for years, I want to get to the point where it is more than just a hobby.
3. Reading: Mostly Comics and Manga, but I mean if I find the story interesting I will read it in a heartbeat.
4. Art: I am trying to get better and a number of different art forms, from drawing to Pixel Art to Sculpting. As well as working on my animating skills.
5. Model Kits: I build Gundam models, one of the most mind clearing relaxing things I do. I wish I had more time to work on them.

1. Building/crafts. Over the past few years I've taken a liking to being creative. I built a multi level legacy of kain reptile cage with themes to boot. A starlight panel with fiber optic lighting for ambiance. A platform with led lighting on the steps for our theater/arcade room. Built my first computer in 2012, an arcade mame machine, etc.

2. Trying out new things. Guitar, fixing cars, landscaping and more. Plan on finishing one of our storage areas for a fifth bedroom and if I get my way, a sixth that is a craft room now.

3. Games. Usually though steam or PlayStation.

4. Love finding new music and enjoy a vast variety of it

5. Working out. I bike quite a bit to my job, which is 18 miles round trip a day. Weight lifting the most in fall and winter.

6. Video editing and photoshop.

7. Reading. Books, comics, manga. Though truthfully I have to be in the right mood to actually read books in the same ways people might need the right frame of mind to work out.

8. Collecting figures of various mediums. Whether that's Berserk or a bust of Doctor Strange.

9. Work. I list this because my job allows a lot of overtime and if I'm bored enough the friends I have there and money makes it worthwhile. I love my job.

10. Taking my beasts out to parks and for a jog.

11. Movies. I love going to the cinema on a quite weekday when it's almost a private showing.

12. Getting out for some drinks. So long as I'm not driving. :griffnotevil:

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
I try to fill my time with as many projects as possible. Right now I...

- Draw often. I'm working on a rather large comic, which I try to get a page for done almost every day.
- Build master grade Gundam model kits, which I'm quickly running out of shelf space because of.
- I stream weekly and do a variety of other shows on the side for a youtube channel. It's wholly unsuccessful, but I enjoy it immensely and haven't been discouraged in my output.
- The last thing also requires a lot of video editing, so that's another.

I don't sleep well, so another hobby of mine is sitting at my desk, staring intently at a screen while trying to wake up even a little bit. :troll:

Top Bottom