Guts Pop Art

PippinStrippin

The quiet ones have the most meaningful thoughts.
I made this and would like to know what you think of it. I tried to show his personality by using the different colors.

PippinStrippin

The quiet ones have the most meaningful thoughts.
eiplzb.jpg

Yozuru

"I say when it ends!" - Lucina
I think it is really cool! This is the first time I have seen pop art for Berserk, you've done a phenomenal job. :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Cool stuff Pippin, thanks for sharing! From a technical perspective, I like the color choices and how their arrangement helps to highlight some of the high-contrast elements of the illustration. I think you brought an interesting new interpretation to Miura's work!

As for my personal take on your color choices, I might be off from your original intention, but hey, that's art! :ganishka: I was especially drawn to the predominantly yellow section and how it plays off of the red/blue section. The intermingling of warm and cool colors, to me, suggests the complexities of Guts's personality and how we see so many sides of him: callousness, tenderness, protectiveness, calmness and calculated hyper-violence! :guts: So, I find myself staring at this picture and thinking of all the different parts of the manga it could represent, which I think makes it a very fun and unique piece.

By the way, was this created digitally or through traditional means? The print looks great, if it's the former case.

Really diggin' all the colors you used here. They all compliment each other so well!!
Grail already brought it up, but I'm interested in knowing if this was a traditional or digital piece as well. It sure looks like it took a while to do haha

Top Bottom