Any Aspiring Authors Around?

It's always been my dream to be an author, and storytelling is my passion. I recently completed my first novel in fact.

So, as the thread title says, are there any aspiring authors lurking around? Or in general, have you attempted to write a story before, and how did it turn out? Any 'embarrassing' first pieces :farnese:? What are your greatest influences? What medium would you prefer to create works in? etc...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I majored in fiction writing in college, but got a job as a journalist. So, not necessarily a storyteller. Does that count? :serpico:

Drakonite23 indicated he was a published author in his introductory post but he hasn't been on for a while - http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14722.msg235816#msg235816

Walter said:
I majored in fiction writing in college, but got a job as a journalist. So, not necessarily a storyteller. Does that count? :serpico:

I believe it does. Not every story is fiction after all :serpico:

IncantatioN said:
Drakonite23 indicated he was a published author in his introductory post but he hasn't been on for a while - http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14722.msg235816#msg235816

Wow that's pretty awesome. Would love to check his work out.

--------

Btw, to answer some my own questions above. Let's see...my greatest influence is the Greek poet Homer. I've got tons of others too and master Miura is definitely one of my greatest. As for the medium I work with the most, it would be the novel. I used to be able to draw as a kid but I stopped and my skill took a nosedive haha. One of my buddies is working on his own video game and has recently asked me to write one quest in it, so this should be an interesting new experience.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Congratulations on finishing your first novel, Lawliet! Are you going to self-publish?

As for me, I love a good story. I would like to create my own comics or games and publish them online someday. My husband Gobolatula is doing just that with his webcomic series, in fact! Though I think he's a little shy about talking about it on the forum. :slan: It's been cool seeing his process evolve since he started the series. I think the most exciting part for him is seeing fans speculate about what's going to happen next. I imagine it must be a very rewarding feeling.

Grail said:
Congratulations on finishing your first novel, Lawliet! Are you going to self-publish?

Thank you very much, Grail!

As far as publishing goes I'm still debating between traditional publishing and self publishing. I will say this though: self-publishing does seem like a very attractive option in more ways than one. Both methods have their pros and cons I suppose.

Though if anyone has experience with self-publishing, I would very much like to hear about it.

As for me, I love a good story. I would like to create my own comics or games and publish them online someday.

Go for it! :ubik:

My husband Gobolatula is doing just that with his webcomic series, in fact! Though I think he's a little shy about talking about it on the forum. :slan: It's been cool seeing his process evolve since he started the series. I think the most exciting part for him is seeing fans speculate about what's going to happen next. I imagine it must be a very rewarding feeling.

That sounds great! What is the series called? I would love to check it out :)

And yes, seeing fans speculate is something I look forward to experiencing one day :femto:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Hi Lawliet! My webcomic is called IT HURTS!! You can see it here: ithurtscomic.com
It's a crudely drawn, crudely written silly comic about middle school kids living in a post-apocalyptic setting. The characters are all vulgar dirtbags but they love each other and they're a weird family consisting of people and monsters and other weird things. I hope you enjoy it!

Publishing books is a very rewarding feeling. I just like being able to hold all my completed work in my hands. :serpico:

Gobolatula said:
Hi Lawliet! My webcomic is called IT HURTS!! You can see it here: ithurtscomic.com
It's a crudely drawn, crudely written silly comic about middle school kids living in a post-apocalyptic setting. The characters are all vulgar dirtbags but they love each other and they're a weird family consisting of people and monsters and other weird things. I hope you enjoy it!

Publishing books is a very rewarding feeling. I just like being able to hold all my completed work in my hands. :serpico:

I'm at Part XIII of chapter 1 already, great stuff! Pasqualo's facial expressions crack me up. Mark too is one hilarious character LOL! Hope he shows up a lot :D

EDIT: I just reached the part where you introduce Pasqualo's dad. OMG what a crazy bastard! Great writing man, consider me hooked!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Lawliet said:
I'm at Part XIII of chapter 1 already, great stuff! Pasqualo's facial expressions crack me up. Mark too is one hilarious character LOL! Hope he shows up a lot :D

EDIT: I just reached the part where you introduce Pasqualo's dad. OMG what a crazy bastard! Great writing man, consider me hooked!
Thank you very much for reading! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :guts:

Top Bottom