Berserk > Manga Mausoleum

Little Things You Love About Berserk

(1/4) > >>

Lawliet:
Sometimes, it's the small details here and there that a story would be very different without. There's a difference, after all, between a small detail and a trivial one. So what are those little things you like about the story?

I personally like how, whenever we see Guts traveling with his companions, he (generally speaking) walks behind them. I'm not sure I can put my finger on why I like seeing this.

It's a nice contrast to Griffith, who is always seen leading his people at the front.

I also like how (in the DH translations at least) Puck gives nicknames to some of the characters (Serpy, Farny, etc)

Menosgade:
That's a nice observation, looks like he's watching over them like a dad over his children and their friends. Obviously, that's far from how the group actually feels and how their relations work, but you got the idea.

It's interesting to notice too how they all got along and kinda started liking each other, with Guts being the one that keeps them all there. Schierke sees as her destiny to be there, Farnese got hopeless until saw Guts as a chance to live another life, Serpico follows and protects Farnese and Isidro wants to be a strong fighter as Guts, whilst he only accepted them because of Casca's care. Now each of them care for all.

One detail I really enjoyed to see was how Guts' behaviour changed after he and Casca started their romance. He looks happier in a general way and much more foolish than before, which is not really his type, his heart softened. On Griffith's rescue he keeps being sarcastic with her even in such important and dangerous situation. For example, when he offers his hand being sarcastic, but she refuses right away and he makes a grumpy face like "ah, whatever", and then she holds Guts cape, making him smile. Beautiful moment.

Lawliet:

--- Quote from: Menosgade on November 30, 2015, 10:44:22 AM ---That's a nice observation, looks like he's watching over them like a dad over his children and their friends. Obviously, that's far from how the group actually feels and how their relations work, but you got the idea.
--- End quote ---

That's the phrase I was probably looking for. Good catch.

--- Quote ---It's interesting to notice too how they all got along and kinda started liking each other, with Guts being the one that keeps them all there. Schierke sees as her destiny to be there, Farnese got hopeless until saw Guts as a chance to live another life, Serpico follows and protects Farnese and Isidro wants to be a strong fighter as Guts, whilst he only accepted them because of Casca's care. Now each of them care for all.

--- End quote ---

True, and while the Band of the Hawk were centered around Griffith, Guts' party is centered around him, making them the closest friends he'd ever had.

--- Quote ---One detail I really enjoyed to see was how Guts' behaviour changed after he and Casca started their romance. He looks happier in a general way and much more foolish than before, which is not really his type, his heart softened. On Griffith's rescue he keeps being sarcastic with her even in such important and dangerous situation. For example, when he offers his hand being sarcastic, but she refuses right away and he makes a grumpy face like "ah, whatever", and then she holds Guts cape, making him smile. Beautiful moment.

--- End quote ---

I enjoyed that moment as well. In addition to that, I really liked how Guts kept making jokes with Judeau, at Casca's expense. That was hilarious.

http://i1.mangapanda.com/berserk/10/berserk-1556774.jpg

Menosgade:

--- Quote from: Lawliet on November 30, 2015, 03:41:08 PM ---That's the phrase I was probably looking for. Good catch.

--- End quote ---

Thought it was what you had in mind. Thinking about it, it's really the best way they can travel. All of them can feel safe with Guts on their backs, watching over, and he can keep Casca in his field of view, seeing she's safe, what must be very comforting taking in consideration their past struggles. Everything fitting it's place.

--- Quote from: Lawliet on November 30, 2015, 03:41:08 PM ---True, and while the Band of the Hawk were centered around Griffith, Guts' party is centered around him, making them the closest friends he'd ever had.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't say so, Griffith would be in that position. He didn't consider Guts, Casca and the Hawks enough to not sacrifice them, but still Griffith seems the deepest friendship guts had and vise versa (considering Griffith's monologues about Guts).
You could, however, say none of his friends now would do that, but it's not so simple. Isidro already tried to take advantage over him 2 or 3 times, Serpico only stays for Farnese, Farnese doesn't quite like Casca (does in some way, but shows envy). Besides Casca in her normal state, Schierke is his best friend. Her maturity at a low age gives her some great attitudes and there's no reason for her to dislike Guts, he's the one who understands her pain.

Lawliet:

--- Quote from: Menosgade on December 01, 2015, 12:34:13 AM ---Thought it was what you had in mind. Thinking about it, it's really the best way they can travel. All of them can feel safe with Guts on their backs, watching over, and he can keep Casca in his field of view, seeing she's safe, what must be very comforting taking in consideration their past struggles. Everything fitting it's place.
--- End quote ---

Fully agreed  :guts:

--- Quote ---I wouldn't say so, Griffith would be in that position. He didn't consider Guts, Casca and the Hawks enough to not sacrifice them, but still Griffith seems the deepest friendship guts had and vise versa (considering Griffith's monologues about Guts).
You could, however, say none of his friends now would do that, but it's not so simple. Isidro already tried to take advantage over him 2 or 3 times, Serpico only stays for Farnese, Farnese doesn't quite like Casca (does in some way, but shows envy). Besides Casca in her normal state, Schierke is his best friend. Her maturity at a low age gives her some great attitudes and there's no reason for her to dislike Guts, he's the one who understands her pain.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps I could have worded my post better. I was not comparing Guts' relationship to his group with Griffith's relationship with the Band of the Hawk. I was comparing the former to Guts' relationship with the Band of the Hawk. And since Guts' current party is centered around him, they are a tighter group and closer to Guts than the Band of the Hawk members were in the past. Also note that I am here speaking of Guts friends and how close they are to him collectively, not individually.

Also, while their companionship might have begun as you described, I think Guts' group has long moved past that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version