AOW No. 409 / No. 410 Skull Knight 2015 Dark Metallic Green Version 1/5 scale

20151204_f931ac.jpg
l

This is the first time ART OF WAR like to present a very huge item which is very rare to find with the high quality.
The spikes on the body armor add an intricate sense of sharpness to this authentic reproduction of the Skull Knight.
A high level of detail has been well represented, such as around the neck of Skull Knight, knees, hand and the sword. You can see some cracked bone effects on the armor. We believe you will enjoy the fantastic paint job.

We received many requests to release a new modeling of “Skull Knight” which is perfect in large size to arrange together with “The berserk”. Finally, we present a big scale of height 39 cm; the width exceeds more than 40 cm. You are able to arrange side by side with the Berserk 20th Anniversary. A big model of the Berserk can be arranged together with this item.
The size of this item is almost twice the size of 1/10 scale of Skull Knight. The size of the sword is almost 22.5 cm, which feels that it is a very large in size. In comparison to 1/10 scale, we present more sharpness, the cracks bone effect in the whole body part of the armor. Also, the modeling of the item is quite different and be able to feel the increase of volume in a large scale. This modeling brings the universal pose of Skull Knight where he hold his sword in his hand. There is a feeling of charm in the modeling of the Skull Knight.

Resident of Qliphoth

The Qliphoth is the small resident creature who re-appears in the diorama base.
We present this mini figure, because we received many requests from our customers. The painting is done in a different style to bring the real image of this mini figure.
It looks perfect when it is kept near the diorama base.

Painting:Skull Knight Dark Green Metallic Painting
Along with the big scale, the painting of the item is represented in a dense and rich color. A high level of detail has been well represented around the neck, leg and the palm side. You can see the well represented cracked bone effects on the armor. This is the first time ART OF WAR presents extra detail cracked bone effects. In the previous release of Skull Knight Dark green version, we were unable to present the complicated painting of the item. However, this time, there is a presentation of the detailed complicated painting. The detail represention of painting can be seen through the images of the item. This time, we try to fulfill our customers with better painting of a large modeling. In the body part of the Skull Knight, we used red color and try to bring the dark brown color in the mantle part as a painting. This brings the feeling of organic movement of the Skull Knight. Moreover, we present the diorama base as the area of the “Resident of Qliphoth”, where there is a biological sense of life, plants, trees and unique slims. There is also a glossy effect on the floor which brings the feeling of the world of Skull Knight. We believe our effort with this artwork will allure you into the world of Berserk. You are able to enjoy the small detailing and the painting. We believe our effort with this artwork will allure you into the world of Berserk.

Product Information
Unit Price 158,000 JPY
Conversion ($1291; €1,210; £855;TWD 41,979)
Version & Edition Limited Edition I (with mini figure)
Attachments Normal sword, mini figure (the resident of Qliphoth), serial number nameplate.
Other Option Crystal Eye option available until December 11th, 2015
Maximum Manufacture Limited Manufacture to 66 pcs
Serial Number No. 1- 66
Full Size Skull Knight Size: (W) 44 * (D) 35 * (H) 39; Resident of Qliphoth (mini figure): (W) 5.5 * (D) 5 * (H) 5.5
Materials Polystone, special polystone to enhance elasticity, etc.
Estimated Delivery Date around February, 2015
Total Weight Net Weight of Skull Knight: approx. 4 kg; mini figure (resident of Qliphoth): approx. 45 gm
Shipping Method Fed Ex to USA and EMS to other countries.
Originated & Manufactured ART OF WAR
Released Date December 4th, 2015
Copy Right @ Kentarou Miura (studio GAGA)/ Hakusensha
Cautions We do not accept refund, return or cancellations of the item.

Tough call. I like how big the statue is (I would love to see how it looks next to the 20th anniversary Guts), I'd prefer a different color scheme. It's too bad they also used the same pose as before, but the size difference is pretty astronomical. On the fence here...

looks nice! 1/5 statue is really big but 1/4 its perfect :ganishka: ... pose? still same , no inovation :judo: money: :magni: too much for 1/5 in my opinion. Yes I say still this same, but check Sideshow, POP, HCG, ECC, 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 statue with clother, nice scultp. Only one, paint job AoW its insane and perfect but not for 1000+

ps: still good for AoW, finaly another new statue :ubik:

I'd pick it up if it was painted weathered bone like the version of the skull knight rider I have. Probably will come too someday via repaint hah.

im going to pay $1000+ for a statue in 2016, but it won't be this one. IMO the femto statue from GSC is much better, and there aren't nearly enough femto statues of that size out there. At least skulls has 1/10 statues on a horse, which is about as large as a 1/4 statue. But maybe next year I'd buy this in a better repaint. Maybe in silver or (preferably) weathered bone.

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
I bit the bullet and got one. Same old story, price sucks, and we can expect a repaint next year that may or may not be better than the original. At least they're giving fair warning that the price will go up next time around. On the plus side, it's nice and big, and AoWs SK sculpts have always been pretty good.

Akebobo

DirectDK said:
Tough call. I like how big the statue is (I would love to see how it looks next to the 20th anniversary Guts), I'd prefer a different color scheme. It's too bad they also used the same pose as before, but the size difference is pretty astronomical. On the fence here...

IMG_8018_zpsfmii6vjj.jpg

Don't chop me bro
IMG_8019_zpsxrxgljez.jpg

Akebobo

skullknight2014 said:
Hi akebobo, what do you think of this figure is it worrh 152000 yen

With shipping it was closer to 200000. Honestly it's a very hard call because it's really an amazing statue... but no, I don't think it was worth the price.

Pose is pretty standard/boring, but the cape looks pretty dynamic, so I'd call it a wash.
IMG_8005_zpsstqaux0j.jpg

The little details are amazing. Sculpt quality is faultless.
IMG_8003_zpsvyb3viav.jpg

IMG_8012_zpsjblub5i3.jpg

IMG_8009_zpscuvrztn3.jpg

IMG_8004_zpstscmhfhp.jpg

Paint job is good, but dark (as expected). The inevitable bone colored armor re-release will be the best version, but I really wanted the Schnoz :schnoz:

Akebobo said:
Don't chop me bro

Hahahahah! AWESOME pics Akebobo! Thanks for taking it side by side for us. It's a beautiful pair. Crazy price, but I think I'm going to have to add it to my collection. Just waiting on bone or silver~

I came across this forum with alot of pictures. Wow! i am impress. Does the colour look like that in person? It looks more beautiful

http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=60036&snA=34729&tnum=1

7ee338cb1223174cbaa97dded6c0fbec.JPG

a7731aa17d9755610b5d5669fbc35187.JPG

His pictures are heavily processed, with heavily altered color saturation. They are neat pictures, but I don't believe they are very accurate in terms of how it truly looks. Cool room and setup though!

Akebobo

Oh yeah that saturation is cranked up to 11. My lighting was a bit harsh but I think my pictures more accurately represent the colors.

Natt_Himmel

"Just a guy who reads Berserk for fun."
I really like this one, the attention to detail is truly great!

Too bad I don't have the money to spend on this piece.

Top Bottom