Author Topic: Episode 343  (Read 28324 times)

Offline Heiji

Episode 343
« on: December 21, 2015, 08:06:18 AM »
Title: Fire Doll

-new anime in 2016. 1st teaser will be out in Comike (29-31 december)
-serie go on hiatus. Back summer 2016
-when she will resume, rythm will be no monthly (like last 6 month) but irregular (like before)
-1st serie tv blu-ray box out 20 april 2016
-About new anime, Miura said "ついに黒ガッツアニメ化。カンムリョウ。". (Finaly, "Black" Guts became anime.).

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 04:50:31 PM by Aazealh »

Offline Mangetsu

Re: Episode 343
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 09:01:18 AM »
Don't know what to think about all of this...

I don't really care for a new anime if im being honest. I will wait for a more detailed information about all of this, before forming my opinion, but my initial reaction is not the greatest.  :azan:

Offline Earthlingzing

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 10:03:49 AM »
I like that they're finally going to adapt Black Swordsman, but its sad that the series is going on hiatus so soon. The monthly schedule was good for consistency, wonder why they switched the schedule...

Offline Patrick

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 10:14:16 AM »
Sad to see it go on hiatus, but I really hope we get to see the Black Swordsman arc animated!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 11:33:38 AM »
-when she will resume, rythm will be no monthly (like last 6 month) but irregular (like before)

:sad:

I don't really care for a new anime if im being honest. I will wait for a more detailed information about all of this, before forming my opinion, but my initial reaction is not the greatest.  :azan:

Yeah... I guess if Miura's more involved with the project it might be less shitty at least.

I like that they're finally going to adapt Black Swordsman
Sad to see it go on hiatus, but I really hope we get to see the Black Swordsman arc animated!

It's not clear whether the Black Swordsman arc will be animated. "Black" Guts could refer to Guts as the Black Swordsman in the Conviction arc (specifically in the Lost Children chapter). Anyway, further anime discussion should take place in the proper section.

Online Delta Phi

• Sylph Sword
  • Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
  • Grail Serpico!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 12:33:21 PM »
Well, this is pretty sad news all around. We can only hope this new anime chapter will be better than the last attempt, I guess. Thanks for the info, Heiji, as always.

Online jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 04:39:00 PM »
I hate when one of the only thing that I guessed is coming true :

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14709.msg235451#msg235451

Oh well we still have this one for Christmas at least. Hopefully for us, when it'll resume, the breaks won't be to inconsistent.

Offline Mangetsu

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 04:44:19 PM »
I hate when one of the only thing that I guessed is coming true :

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14709.msg235451#msg235451

Oh well we still have this one for Christmas at least. Hopefully for us, when it'll resume, the breaks won't be to inconsistent.

Yeah man, it's really frustrating.

With that huge announcement for monthly releases, i thought that it would be for real this time, that we would get a regular release schedule and after 6 months i got used to looking forward to a new berserk episode every month, but i guess it was too good to be true.

This time though i just can't wrap my hand around why Miura would need such a long break again, but i guess we will see in Summer then.

Nonetheless, i will just eagerly look  forward to the new episode and enjoy each and every panel of it, while also waiting for the new volume release  :void:

Online jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 04:50:18 PM »

This time though i just can't wrap my hand around why Miura would need such a long break again, but i guess we will see in Summer then.

Well it might be that he has crazy panels with crazy artwork on it. We are after all entering Skellig so I'm pretty sure we'll be surprise by what we're gonna see soon. Summer will come quick anyway. If we're lucky we,ll get it at the beginning of summer.

Nonetheless, i will just eagerly look  forward to the new episode and enjoy each and every panel of it, while also waiting for the new volume release  :void:

Yup. That will happen on my side, that's for sure. And we have enough material for a volume if I'm not wrong, right?

Offline Mangetsu

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 04:56:35 PM »
And we have enough material for a volume if I'm not wrong, right?
We do.  :carcus:

Online jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 04:58:32 PM »
We do.  :carcus:

Well there you go! Just having to possibility to get my hands on a new volume will make me happy (while I patiently wait for the episodes) Anyway, let us enjoy this episode. I don't want to complain when I know one is at our door.  :guts:

Offline RaffoBaffo

• Of the Interstice
  • Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 05:16:34 PM »
Sad about the hiatus [at least it's not a "'till next time"], curious about the Anime

Talking about the Anime:

http://berserk-anime.com/
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory.

Offline Admiral_Yang_Wen-li

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 05:25:25 PM »
Don't really care for an anime, though it'll get more people to start reading the manga.

Really annoyed about the hiatus. We're on the damn island. I was hoping we'd get to somewhere important.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2015, 05:31:04 PM »
We're on the damn island. I was hoping we'd get to somewhere important.

Err... mission accomplished?

I'm unmoved by the hiatus. Call it thick skin developed over years. Though, I suppose I had hoped for one more episode before a break, because even though 343 isn't out yet, I have doubts it'll reach a logical breaking point (such as the precipice of Casca's restoration). More likely it will end with them en route to the village this new group of witches (or wizards) guiding them.

Happy to be proven wrong tomorrow though  :guts:
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2015, 05:50:17 PM »
I'm unmoved by the hiatus. Call it thick skin developed over years.

Tell me about it. Six months? I can do that standing on my head. I frankly could use a little breather from this monthly schedule; it's been like a rollercoaster. :ganishka:

Online jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 06:16:49 PM »
Tell me about it. Six months? I can do that standing on my head.

Yeah, like I said many times, I'm pretty much use to waiting for series and books to come out, so it won't be a fatal hiatus for me. Of course I'm always excited to get a new episode but what can we do anyway. I'm just glad I know Berserk and get to read it.

Offline Theozilla

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 06:17:54 PM »
While it is sad that the series is going on hiatus again after six months of regular monthly releases, the fact that there is a projected/scheduled return date does provide quite a bit of comfort. As for the eventual new irregular release schedule I wonder if it can be expected to be similar to the release pace of 2008-2012 (which averaged around 8 episodes per year). Anyways, I can't wait to see what episode 343 will entail.

Offline Grail

• Spanish Inquisitor
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • RIP Photobucket
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 09:22:05 PM »
Tell me about it. Six months? I can do that standing on my head. I frankly could use a little breather from this monthly schedule; it's been like a rollercoaster. :ganishka:

:ganishka: You're cracking me up, man! I have to say, when I first heard the news this morning, I was surprised by how gutted I was. These six months made me soft!

Yeah, like I said many times, I'm pretty much use to waiting for series and books to come out, so it won't be a fatal hiatus for me.

More like a fetal hiatus, because that's the position I'll be in until 344 comes out. :carcus: ( :judo: )

Anyway, better not to get too ahead of myself. Very much looking forward to the conclusion of the current encounter in 343, and meeting our new witchy (or wizardy?) friends!

Offline Skeleton

• Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 09:35:44 PM »
-new anime in 2016. 1st teaser will be out in Comike (29-31 december)

Merry Christmas! :troll:

(Is it too late to get that coal instead? :sad:)

Offline Spectre

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 05:01:15 PM »
Goddamn, I'm tired of these hiatuses and I have been a Berserk fan for almost a year. I can't imagine how most of you here continue to read this manga and keep such interest in it considering how long you have read it. I don't know, If I am capable of doing that.

On another note, I'm very happy about the anime, it kinda offsets the bad news.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 05:06:34 PM »
Goddamn, I'm tired of these hiatuses and I have been a Berserk fan for almost a year. I can't imagine how most of you here continue to read this manga and keep such interest in it considering how long you have read it. I don't know, If I am capable of doing that.

It's pretty simple: Berserk is the best series running, and I'll take it however I can get it. Furthermore, all sentiments of readers aside, What it comes down to is making this release schedule sustainable for Miura. He's creating Berserk at a pace that he can manage. The alternative is lower quality and more stress on him, thus a higher chance that it will suck in the end. He has to consider the final product over things like the transient concerns of fans in the moment.

Like all things when it comes to release dates: Release it when it's done.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Imperator Hanseatic

• Of the World
  • Ultimately just a crippled neet who loves Berserk.
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 05:27:34 PM »
Personally I'm of the opinion that it's all good as long as we get more Berserk. As people have already been saying, at least we have an estimate for when to expect the next episode this time.  :ubik:

Also, thank you for allowing me onto this forum. I've been a lurker for two years now but I figured since I'm finally with the means to begin (slowly) collecting the material legally that it was time to sign up with the cool kids.  :ganishka:

Online jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 06:24:19 PM »

Also, thank you for allowing me onto this forum. I've been a lurker for two years now but I figured since I'm finally with the means to begin (slowly) collecting the material legally that it was time to sign up with the cool kids.  :ganishka:

Well, better late then never! Welcome aboard.

Offline Squiddot

• Of the Interstice
  • The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 09:29:48 AM »
The new episode  seems to have been put up.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 09:38:59 AM »
It's... interesting. As I thought the field had more than one trick in stock and, as expected, Schierke eventually just dispelled it. But that fiery golem (Wicker Man reference?) looks like it's using dead souls to power it? They're not exactly like the usual specters but clearly related. I wouldn't have expected to see a witch use that on Skellig. That new witch character is interesting too. Seems to be the senior of the three stooges we've yet to see in full. Hmm.