New Berserk Anime for 2016

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, there's not much to work with here but it certainly looks more promising than the other trailers, including the movies. I like the cross hatch effect, it just wish what they were applying it to looked better, but it was nice to see more recent familiar faces, even if their colors seem a bit odd. I don't mind so much because I have zero expectations for them to succeed at such subtleties; just don't completely cock up the whole thing amd ill be pleasantly surprised. See, I'm an optomist.

DarkSideWarrior

Till you got the brand...
Wenliinvictus said:
It looks alright though, it's hard to judge the quality of the 3d animation for me since we only get a few seconds of each shot
Yeah, that's true, but do not forgive the ugly quality of the CGI animation seen in the movies.
If compared to that the quality of the 3D I can see in the 2nd trailer is far far better.
I just did not like the quality of one scene into the 1st trailer. Guts entrance at the start of it. I thought that they would do another ugly anime...
Even the curved Dragonslayer was not a touch of perfection, but it last for just one second, so...
The second trailer let me see a better quality, so I'm happy about this.
Walter said:
Based on just that limited material, it seems there could be a brief introductory section at the beginning, not dissimilar to the 1997 anime, skirting around certain scenes of the Black Swordsman, skipping the Count's section, jumping straight into Lost Children, which is where they'll spend the bulk of it. Of course, that doesn't explain the HICKs scene we see (from Vol 16) or Isidro.
Of course, maybe they can show us something in the trailers that we will not see animated, just like Studio 4c did with the movies. In that occasion they toke some animated scenes from the Pilot movie they showed to Miura in order to convince him to give the green light to the production of the movies and created 15 seconds trailers. Maybe they was thinking to go on by making some other Films.
That said, this time I don't think that this will happen again.
Now, with a bigger amount of minutes they could, oh sorry..they should animate everything. They have all the space to insert all the things!
If not, I just can't catch the necessity to switch from movies to tv anime.
I think they can produce a better and most complete adaptation from now on and doing this In a cheap way. Less expensive than to create any movie.
That's my opinion, and this is the motivation for me to just hope it will happen.
Berserk is a unique manga, a Masterpiece, and really deserve that.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
One of the nice things about the movies is that they've made me lower my expectations to basically zero. :iva: If this new series does ANYTHING right, I'll be happy. That being said, I agree with Walter that we really have no idea what it's going to even cover plot-wise. The promotional material is just too scarce and ambiguous.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wenliinvictus said:
at least they're doing some rotoscoping too.

I don't think there's any rotoscoping going on here.

Wenliinvictus said:
Having Isidro meet up with Guts in a forest doesn't look promising, looks like they're going to screw up the canon again, probably have him tail Guts through his misty valley journey or something.

This is sadly very plausible. Maybe have him escape from random bandits or even from the HICKs without showing the Bakiraka at all.

DarkSideWarrior said:
Yeah, that's true, but do not forgive the ugly quality of the CGI animation seen in the movies.
If compared to that the quality of the 3D I can see in the 2nd trailer is far far better.
I just did not like the quality of one scene into the 1st trailer. Guts entrance at the start of it. I thought that they would do another ugly anime...

You probably shouldn't expect this to win any beauty contest.

DarkSideWarrior said:
Now, with a bigger amount of minutes they could, oh sorry..they should animate everything. They have all the space to insert all the things!
If not, I just can't catch the necessity to switch from movies to tv anime.
I think they can produce a better and most complete adaptation from now on and doing this In a cheap way. Less expensive than to create any movie.

Typically, cheaper doesn't mean better quality. I don't mean to be a downer, but if you expect too much you'll just end up disappointed.

DarkSideWarrior

Till you got the brand...
r
Aazealh said:
Typically, cheaper doesn't mean better quality. I don't mean to be a downer, but if you expect too much you'll just end up disappointed.
Well, no. I don't have any expectation about, it's just that I see a better potential in this new tv anime than the one I saw in the previous movies.
I like much more what I've now seen in about 60 seconds of animation (the 2 trailers..) than everything I saw in the movies.
I hope you can understand me...here I see something more concerning what happens in the manga. And even the pace could be better than the one of the movies.
That's all...

EDIT: here you can se e a better quality version of the 2016 Amime Japan postcards..
5725d9cfdd02d0623ccbb959eb8e95b01459469904_full.jogging

I like so much the 3rd image, the one with Guts and Colette...come on July, where are you???

Griffith

Hey, those images look pretty good (though Guts face is a bit wonky). Of course, it's easy to do stills, but I'm also pleased by what's being depicted: Puck, Colette, a reasonable depiction of his shoulder guards. It is possible to do more with less money if they simply have a better attention to detail, or can't afford to deviate.

Aazealh said:
Here is Miura's comment on the anime website, courtesy of puella.

Miura Kentarou said:
This is the first animation of "Black Swordsman Guts", which myself and the fans have been waiting for impatiently.
Please expect it.
I've crossed my fingers to see how the wielding of the Dragon Slayer will be expressed in the animation.

I like his aligning with the fans' frustrations and the subtle shade he's throwing at the previous animations! :beast: Even that final statement about the current animation is far from an unconditional endorsement. I put it into Google Subtext Translation and this came out:

"Like the rest of you I think it's about damn time they did the goddamn Black Swordsman arc.
It's happening either way.
I just hope they don't fuck it up."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://berserk-anime.com/special/ar/index00200000.html

A Berserk AR (augmented reality) "game" launched on the official anime site a few days ago. It requires you to download an app called COCOAR2, which the site links to (Android and iOS only). Once it's installed, let me save you about 5 minutes: Go into the app's settings and change the database from Taiwan to Japan. Then you should be able to click on the dragon slayer image on the site, and scan it using the app. It should only take a few seconds.

Afterwards, a 3D dragonslayer model will be superimposed on the screen, and you can manipulate it to take pictures of you slicing up your favorite pets, or using the DS to serve them treats. The choice is yours!

There will supposedly be three other 3D models from the upcoming anime that they'll upload soon. I'm guessing one will be Puck, and that'll be nice to see up close.

In other site updates, we now have a scheduled time for the premiere. Unknown when Crunchyroll will begin streaming it.

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
The website's been updated with a "world" and character" tab with some written information. Its all in Japanese, except for English variants of the character names which are a bit nonconventional.

Guts-Guts
Puck-Pack
Farnese-Falnase
Serpico-Celpikko
Isidro-Isydro
Azan-Azan
Casca-Caska
Griffith-Grifis
Knight of Skeleton :iva:-Skull knight

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Squiddot said:
The website's been updated with a "world" and character" tab with some written information. Its all in Japanese, except for English variants of the character names which are a bit nonconventional.

That thing has been there for a while actually, at least a couple of months I'd say. Nothing unusual unfortunately, third parties regularly mess these things up pretty bad because they don't bother checking. Back in the day, even Guts' name wasn't spelled properly.

The staff commented on the new Berserk anime.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/05/11/berserk-staff-and-cast-comment-on-this-summers-new-anime

DasBouf

I'm Noah. I love my waifu and my friends
I'm not going to let CG hamper my enjoyment even if there's a lot of it. I'm just so very happy to see Farnese animated :serpico:
She's a favorite of mine because I relate to her fucking up all the time,and really feel for her. :farnese: Fingers crossed we get an official Farny figure

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick said:
The staff commented on the new Berserk anime.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/05/11/berserk-staff-and-cast-comment-on-this-summers-new-anime

Those are just translations of the comments laid out here: http://berserk-anime.com/special/index00150000.html
Still, it's nice that NBC Universal went through the trouble of translating them for Crunchyroll, shows they care about the international audience. Although it's weird they didn't include Miura's own comment (which I posted earlier in this thread).

DasBouf said:
I'm not going to let CG hamper my enjoyment even if there's a lot of it. I'm just so very happy to see Farnese animated :serpico:
She's a favorite of mine because I relate to her fucking up all the time,and really feel for her. :farnese: Fingers crossed we get an official Farny figure

What if they don't portray her character faithfully? Would you let that hamper your enjoyment?

DasBouf

Aazealh said:
What if they don't portray her character faithfully? Would you let that hamper your enjoyment?
Yes, but I won't be too broken up about it. I always have the manga to fall back on. I never get my expectations up too high for adaptations of properties I like.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
it's weird they didn't include Miura's own comment (which I posted earlier in this thread).

Perhaps my interpretation of that comment hits close to the mark. :carcus:

IncantatioN said:
Image courtesy of Ryu O

mGMkfuU.jpg

The character models are looking good, but the first PV keeps haunting me. :magni:

It seems that only the armor is CG, their actual bodies look like traditional hand-drawn 2D.

hearTes said:
The character models are looking good, but the first PV keeps haunting me. :magni:

It seems that only the armor is CG, their actual bodies look like traditional hand-drawn 2D.
Pretty sure that everything is CG, they're just using 2D for the promo art(and some stills in the anime).

Late night listening to the new (awesome and fun) podcast I'm in the middle of and stumbled on news on the opening song for the anime. According to HMV's website, the band 9mm Parabellum Bullet will release the single on July 20. The single is 90 seconds long, it's called Inferno and they released an album cover for the single.

Bxb9Oj4.jpg

I like the cover design overall aka the color, flame design to sync with the title of the track, placement of the brand and the DS, the circle design kind of looks like the moon (craters for skulls n all ^_^).

DasBouf

IncantatioN said:
Late night listening to the new (awesome and fun) podcast I'm in the middle of and stumbled on news on the opening song for the anime. According to HMV's website, the band 9mm Parabellum Bullet will release the single on July 20. The single is 90 seconds long, it's called Inferno and they released an album cover for the single.

Bxb9Oj4.jpg

I like the cover design overall aka the color, flame design to sync with the title of the track, placement of the brand and the DS, the circle design kind of looks like the moon (craters for skulls n all ^_^).

Damn this looks really cool. I'm excited to hear it

I love the way the characters look in that image. But in motion is going to be such a different story.

Not really getting my hopes up but at minimum they look awesome on a magazine scan. Hurray.

Top Bottom