New Berserk Anime for 2016

Walter said:
In other site updates, we now have a scheduled time for the premiere. Unknown when Crunchyroll will begin streaming it.

That's not the schedule for the anime's premiere.

From what I can understand from the crappy google translation, it sounds like they're gonna air a documentary/behind the scenes about the anime's production, on June the 18th.

The anime is gonna premiere in July, as it has been known for a long time already. A proper date/time-slot hasn't been announced yet, s far as my knowledge goes.

It's fine! I just stumbled upon that link and thought I might as well clarify that bit to save other people from being confused :ganishka:

ApostleBob said:
Someone posted this on Reddit. Thought I'd share.

Guts Character Design:

http://imgur.com/iY6OmoJ
Looks good overall, though the thighs seem a bit confusing, is that supposed to be leather? and why are lines running around it?

Looks like we got a release date for the anime! :ubik:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-26/new-berserk-tv-anime-july-1-premiere-character-visuals-revealed/.102504

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick said:
Looks like we got a release date for the anime! :ubik:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-26/new-berserk-tv-anime-july-1-premiere-character-visuals-revealed/.102504

Which means the release of Vol 38 on June 24 and (possibly!) the return of a new episode of Berserk on the same day will all serve as big ads for the premiere the following week.

Aulë

Studying Electrical engineering.
cjxzjhyuoaaabql_cuej.960.jpg

What's up with that face? I don't like it.. The proportions seem wrong :/

I have reached a point where I don't care anymore about CGI or character design, I just want the series to be similar to the manga storywise (anime 97 with SK :SK:).

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Mangetsu said:
My body is not ready for all this upcoming Berserk stuff :magni:

Don't worry you'll mainly need your eyes and ears for the upcoming mindblowing berserk storm! I'm getting anxious and excited.

I wonder if we'll get a nice batch of regular monthly. At least a batch of 4-6 episode cool be nice. Even better if it's really really returning to the monthly releases. Either way I'll be glad with what I get.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The opening theme, Inferno, by 9MM Parabellum Bullet (without vocals) was spotted on Reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NrWCxZtN7o

Pretty generic sounding...

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Um, wow. Unimpressive indeed. Why do we keep getting uncharacteristic opening themes to this series? First "Tell Me Why" and now this? For a season tackling one of the darkest sections of the manga, the music, in no way, reflects the mood, atmosphere, or narrative of the Conviction arc.

Maybe they are trying to appeal to a broader audience? I'm just completely flabbergasted by this, though admitted, unsurprised.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Delta Phi said:
Um, wow. Unimpressive indeed. Why do we keep getting uncharacteristic opening themes to this series?

On the contrary, I think this is pretty much par for the course when it comes to opening themes for animated series. It's nothing special, but it does the job for the 40-50 seconds the intro is probably going to last. Plus this is without vocals and is likely only part of the whole thing, like a teaser. Either way I wouldn't compare it to Tell Me Why, which was terrible by all standards.

2D concept art to 3D design.
IGA6h1x.jpg

7eRvpj7.jpg

yuMs0LY.jpg

DgmETWn.jpg

hdYJRDk.jpg

S1zD6CP.jpg

dMEZovf.jpg

zS0Vi3V.jpg

POQ6kHf.jpg

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/06/04-1/berserk-animes-adaptation-from-2d-concept-art-to-3d-character-design-showcased-plus-end-theme-announced

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
I spy a post-holy-see Farnesse, a little bit more evidence this series is going through all of conviction.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Squiddot said:
I spy a post-holy-see Farnese, a little bit more evidence this series is going through all of conviction.

That happens at the beginning of Millennium Falcon. Sometimes character designers do weird stuff. I mean, did we ever see Guts do this in the movies...?

There's also Puck's wide eyed stare from when Farnese is straddling Guts in V17.

R

Resonance

Aazealh said:
On the contrary, I think this is pretty much par for the course when it comes to opening themes for animated series. It's nothing special, but it does the job for the 40-50 seconds the intro is probably going to last. Plus this is without vocals and is likely only part of the whole thing, like a teaser. Either way I wouldn't compare it to Tell Me Why, which was terrible by all standards.

I thought Tell Me Why was quite decent to be honest, mostly because of the huge contrast of what was shown on screen (apart from the generic wind blowing stuff) and the music which was playing. I remember when I showed a friend the anime and whilst the opening was playing everything was alright, however when the dandelion was burning he looked towards me with a face that was quite unsettled. The anime opening was incredibly deceptive and I feel it was done so for a reason.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Resonance said:
I remember when I showed a friend the anime and whilst the opening was playing everything was alright, however when the dandelion was burning he looked towards me with a face that was quite unsettled.

Is there any chance your friend was... I dunno, maybe 4-5 years old?

That opening is shit. They clearly made it in a vacuum, and didn't have any great ideas for what they were supposed to be featuring. What's Berserk, someone would ask the animator. I dunno, it's about a guy with a big sword who does acrobatics in a field?

Consider the possibilities, the themes that revolve around Berserk, the imagery. Is any of that reflected by Guts looking like he's posing for a yearbook photo in a field, by himself?

Walter said:
...Guts looking like he's posing for a yearbook photo in a field...

Haha yeah thats basically what I thought as well :ganishka: The whole opening seems more like something an abridged series would make as a joke. Take away the sword and it might as well be an opening to one of those generic school anime shows.

Top Bottom