New Berserk Anime for 2016

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
A couple new pieces of info just landed.

First: new preview video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih2-9HwHlpw ...ugh.

Also... this:

sn_00000012.jpg

:mozgus:

There were more cast announcements too. Godot, Silat, the Tapasa (only one voice is credited), Luca, Erika, Nina and Jerome are confirmed.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, they saved it for the big reveal: but theyre really doing it all, from Black Swordsman through Conviction. Visuals look very rough,even though they've revisited and polished the scenes shown in earlier videos. I still can't get behind this visual style.

Honestly, I have no idea how they're going to cram that much material into 24eps.

Uriel said:
A couple new pieces of info just landed.

First: new preview video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih2-9HwHlpw ...ugh.

Also... this:

sn_00000012.jpg

:mozgus:

There were more cast announcements too. Godot, Silat, the Tapasa (only one voice is credited), Luca, Erika, Nina and Jerome are confirmed.

Guts sure is struggling against those Iron Chain Knights despite all those injuries he doesn't have. C'MON GUTS SWING THAT SWORD.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Wenliinvictus said:
Doubtful, the only thing we've seen from the Lost Children arc is the haunted tree, and no Jill, yet minor characters like the priests daughter appears. They've probably cut it.
I think he's talking about the missing nipples :troll:

I still cannot get over how poor the shadows on the characters look. The cheap overlay effect is not even aligned to the characters, it literally looks like it is just an effect laid on top. Makes it look sloppy and cheap.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:

This should have been the visual they teased from the very beginning... But why is Puck's body contorted like that? Did Guts skewer him?

Anyway, this visual is far more inspiring than the new trailer. Of course, the visuals don't exactly align with what's shown...

It's hard to say for certain, but at the top edges of the image, it looks like the shadow of the tower. Or the hand the tower is reduced to.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Rochine and Jill's names are conspicuously absent from the cast list, and the only thing in the PV from Lost Children is the possessed tree, so I think it's safe to say it's being skipped, which is extremely disappointing. I can't stand the animation style, either. How hard is it to get an anime adaptation of Berserk right?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick said:
I'm going to get really sad if they skip Lost Children. :judo: That's my favorite part of the story.
Rhombaad said:
Rochine and Jill's names are conspicuously absent from the cast list, and the only thing in the PV from Lost Children is the possessed tree, so I think it's safe to say it's being skipped, which is extremely disappointing. I can't stand the animation style, either. How hard is it to get an anime adaptation of Berserk right?

We won't know for sure until we see the first few episodes. Just a few days ago, I was sure they wouldn't attempt to cram Black Swordsman + Lost Children + Birth Ceremony into one series. But here we are, and we've got proof that they're doing just that.

Based purely on what we've been shown, I think it's possible for them to do something like this: Cover Black Swordsman, but cut out the Count portion. Cover Lost Children, but cut out the Rochine portion. I have no fucking idea how they're going to cover the scope of the Birth Ceremony. None.

Rhombaad said:

Unfathomably hard apparently :puck:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
God, am I the only one that have a little hype about that animation? I don't have high expectation but I was not that much disappointed by what I saw. I'm not gonna lie to myself and pretend nothing was change, but I'm glad to finally have some Black Swordsman stuff and not the golden age again.

Super excited to see new footage! Here are my thoughts:

- So awesome to see Casca, Mozgus and co in the promo image. PUMPED.
- Loved hearing the narrators voice at the end. It brought me back!
- Fav part of the trailer was Farnese and Guts on the horse. I will be okay with the lack of nipples. There was a lack of Griffith's pecker in the 97 anime lol.
- 9mm song is okay for me. Sounds generic to me, but I don't really follow much JRock. Also, the opening isn't too key for me. I'm more interested to hear the full Susumu song as well as the actual in-anime soundtrack. That will definitely have more of an impact of my viewing enjoyment.
- The cross hatching for the shadows are a bit overdone in my opinion. It looks good in some scenes, but seems unnecessary in others. Maybe it's a matter of getting used to. As of now though, judging from this trailer, I think it would have looked better without it. But we'll see.
- The CG animation looks okay to me. I have never been too sensitive on this topic though.
- My biggest concern here, however, is what will happen to the Lost Children arc. I love all the arcs in Berserk, but will sorely miss LC if it's omitted. I hope that's not the case!!!

Wow, my expectations were low but that managed to surprise me. The hatching on top of the shading is distractingly ugly, the colors are maybe even blander than the movie trilogy's, and that music. Don't think I'm gonna bother with it, might as well watch fan-made flashtoons on YouTube if I'm going that low.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Walter said:

In a way, this looks like really bad rotoscoping to me. Farnese is so flat, no depth, and this is made all the more apparent now that she's sitting next to my (stupendously made) avatar.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
buttonmasher said:
So season finale is Femto incarnated. Season 2 will open with the group reaching Skellig.

Could have been worse. In the PS2 cutscenes, Femto was incarnated during the Eclipse :ganishka:

I'm doing my best to remain positive, but I cant help but notice that Guts' arm is fine and that he does not have his hand wrapped around the dragon slayer while fighting the HIC's.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Bender said:
I'm doing my best to remain positive, but I cant help but notice that Guts' arm is fine and that he does not have his hand wrapped around the dragon slayer while fighting the HIC's.

RS9lQLd.png

Why would he be? He presumably hasn't faced off against any dangerous apostles recently. :void:

Holy shit those Holy Iron Chain Knights are bright, are they glowing?! I think that scene might actually hurt my eyes. It looks like they are making a lot of really cool scenes not very cool anymore. The tree looks like shit, seriously, not to mention the Demon Child what the fuck. While I still wouldn't say this looks quite as bad as the movies yet in general, seems like more of the same crap. I'm starting to get the impression they are not going to have any Black Swordsman stuff at all and just use The Brand scene and the tree as introduction material and go right into the Binding Chain. Great!

Top Bottom