New Berserk Anime for 2016

DANGERDOOOOM said:
I think they made a horrible choice on both Guts' and Puck's voice actors.

I don't mind Gut's, but Pucks is so much more grating than I can bare. The dreamcast games voice actor is better than this if even slightly.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/17/berserk-english-dub-clip-and-cast-revealed

English Dub cast & crew
Guts- Kaiji Tang
Puck- Sarah Williams
Karen Strassman - Casca
Griffith - Steve Cannon
Farnese - Erica Lindbeck
Serpico - Max Mittelman
Isidro - Erik Scott Kimerer
Adolf - Doug Stone
Rickert - Erica Mendez
Collette - G.K. Bowes
Narrator - Jake Eberle
Godo - Abbot Kefford
Judeau - Kyle McCarley
Schierke - Mela Lee
Mozgus - Ray Chase
Luca - Wendee Lee
Erica - Brianna Knickerbocker
King of Midland - Chris Smith
Additional Voices - Kirk Thornton
ADR Direction - Michael McConnohie
ADR Script Writer - Jalen Cassell

Dub premieres on Funimation on March 20.

Hitoshura said:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/17/berserk-english-dub-clip-and-cast-revealed

English Dub cast & crew
Guts- Kaiji Tang
Puck- Sarah Williams
Karen Strassman - Casca
Griffith - Steve Cannon
Farnese - Erica Lindbeck
Serpico - Max Mittelman
Isidro - Erik Scott Kimerer
Adolf - Doug Stone
Rickert - Erica Mendez
Collette - G.K. Bowes
Narrator - Jake Eberle
Godo - Abbot Kefford
Judeau - Kyle McCarley
Schierke - Mela Lee
Mozgus - Ray Chase
Luca - Wendee Lee
Erica - Brianna Knickerbocker
King of Midland - Chris Smith
Additional Voices - Kirk Thornton
ADR Direction - Michael McConnohie
ADR Script Writer - Jalen Cassell

Dub premieres on Funimation on March 20.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate a few of these names? I mean... Knickerbocker.

:sad: Marc Diraison is no longer GUTS???

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edit

Ah well Kaiji Tang did voice Kenshiro before. I think he might do a decent job for Guts then. We'll see

It did when I was watching One Piece on their site before Crunchyroll started simulcasting it. I guess they never upgraded their video player. :schierke:

It's taken almost an hour and I haven't finished one episode because it buffers every few seconds. Absolutely ridiculous for something they expect people to pay for.

So far, the main cast sounds pretty mediocre.

Edit: "See? Her ass would look good on fire." :ganishka: What the fuck, Guts.

Apparently there's some scandal with the original english voice actor cast not being asked to come back. Sean Schemmel, the voice actor for Goku, went on a big twitter rant about it after finding out why, though he hasn't disclosed the reason. Perhaps some type of nepotism. Anyway, it's an interesting tidbit. Anyone know anything more?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ApostleBob said:
Apparently there's some scandal with the original english voice actor cast not being asked to come back. Sean Schemmel, the voice actor for Goku, went on a big twitter rant about it after finding out why, though he hasn't disclosed the reason. Perhaps some type of nepotism. Anyway, it's an interesting tidbit. Anyone know anything more?

Aww, the complete amateurs who did a shitjob 15 years ago weren't asked to come back? :judo: What a shame.

So i was playing FE heroes and i happen to have a 5 star dragon waifu, well the name at the bottom shocked me. Her voice actress that is.
auoIsQ2gdAK88_qWaAlm_15txNcLedr-OcdQsGmlpiU.jpg

Oh the coincidences.... also i had to search for this image. Couldnt figure out how to use the screenshot on my phone :???:

So I decided to skim through the dub a bit more and in episode 9 Farnese says to Serpico "You told our father, didn't you?" :???:
Good work, script writer.

Sareth said:
So I decided to skim through the dub a bit more and in episode 9 Farnese says to Serpico "You told our father, didn't you?" :???:

That's beyond a bungle. It's a mistake that's actually true, but just isn't supposed to be revealed until much later. And Farnese still doesn't know. What a bunch of amateurs.

ApostleBob said:
That's beyond a bungle. It's a mistake that's actually true, but just isn't supposed to be revealed until much later. And Farnese still doesn't know. What a bunch of amateurs.

It gets better! Jerome actually refers to Serpico as Farnese's "flunky brother". Holy shit.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sareth said:
Farnese says to Serpico "You told our father, didn't you?" :???:
Sareth said:
Jerome actually refers to Serpico as Farnese's "flunky brother". Holy shit.

.....Jesus, this is almost as bad as "things have gotten pretty bad since Griffith became king."

Yep, the English dub somehow managed to make Berserk 2016 an even bigger train wreck. None of the voices really fit the characters and sounds like it's being delivered by fan dubbers. And the script is clunky AF. I almost want to watch the whole thing again to see what else they fucked up.

jackson_hurley said:
That got me soooo confused in my early Berserk years... How can they mess things that much? :mozgus:

That's Funimation for you!! :ganishka:
They might not have brought back Sean Schemmel and the other DBZ dub VAs for the 2016 Berserk anime. But it sure as shit looks like they used the same incompetent, shitty DBZ dub script writers for the new Berserk series' dub after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebaO6aoCj2A

I think I'm done checking out the dub. I had almost forgotten just how half-assed this adaptation was and the dry voice acting makes it even more unbearable.

They say Isi-do-ro instead of Isidro.

They interpreted Skull Knight's warning that Guts can't both go after Griffith and protect Casca as, "Keep the number of people you care for down to one." And he refers to karma rather than causality.

Sareth said:
I think I'm done checking out the dub. I had almost forgotten just how half-assed this adaptation was and the dry voice acting makes it even more unbearable.

They interpreted Skull Knight's warning that Guts can't both go after Griffith and protect Casca as, "Keep the number of people you care for down to one." And he refers to karma rather than causality.
Well with that said it goes to show how much people with jobs care about ones favorite franchise.
Thanks for skimming through the dub so we didn't have to.

Johnny Apples said:
That's Funimation for you!! :ganishka:
They might not have brought back Sean Schemmel and the other DBZ dub VAs for the 2016 Berserk anime. But it sure as shit looks like they used the same incompetent, shitty DBZ dub script writers for the new Berserk series' dub after all
Crunchyroll hired Bang Zoom for this dub. Funimation is only streaming it and distributing the discs.

Sareth said:
Sareth said:
It gets better! Jerome actually refers to Serpico as Farnese's "flunky brother". Holy shit.
Sareth said:

Oh, wow. It's worse than I thought it was going to be. :magni:

Top Bottom