Couldn't Guts be part of the God's Hand Plan?

As mentioned in the title: couldn't Gits somehow be part of the intricate plan o the Idea of Evil?
I mean, from the God's hand members we heard a lot about Guts struggling against destiny ("the fish" metaphore, Slan's interest for Guts), but i was shocked when in Vritannis Guts had his life spare twice (by Zodd and by griffith when they're reaching the sea horse).

Is not over: still in Vritannis Schierke meet Sonja and, after Schierke refuses to join the new band of Hawk, Sonja doesn't tell anyone about the witch she met, and she is the pupil of Flora, one of the most powerful witch (griffith esteemed her more dangerous than ana rmy).

I mean: i know that Guts and his party are very little things compared to a battle between apostles or the World's collapse, but Griffith, Zodd and Grunbeld are personally aware of the danger that the group represents (specially griffith, who knows he still has emotions thanks to the demon child).
So couldn't be that Guts' path to damnation in order to destroy griffith is part of the big plan for the age of darkness?

What do you think? (Sorry for my english)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Couldn't Guts be part of the HoGG Plan?

13-boss-hogg-hazzard.jpg

"Let's see those Duke boys beat this guy!"

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Couldn't Guts be part of the HoG Plan?

We've known that Guts is part of causality. Just read the Skull Knight's conversations with Guts in Volumes 18 and 28.

PS: What's a HoG?! :magni:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Couldn't Guts be part of the HoG Plan?

Fonta said:
It's for Hand of God, sorry :???:

Sorry to make fun of you man, but just so you know, they're called the God Hand. The term is actually transliterated in Japanese from English (written in Katakana), so there's actually only one way to see it, regardless of the language. That aside, here's my comments on your post.

Fonta said:
So couldn't be that Guts' path to damnation in order to destroy griffith is part of the big plan for the age of darkness?

I don't think so. If (when) Guts goes after Griffith again, it won't be on a "path to damnation". And it won't serve the interets of the Idea of Evil.

Fonta said:
I mean, from the God's hand members we heard a lot about Guts struggling against destiny ("the fish" metaphore, Slan's interest for Guts)

When Slan talks about a jumping fish in volume 13 she refers to the Skull Knight. And her personal interest for Guts is not at all an indication he has a part to play in their overarching plans. She just sadistically toys with him.

Fonta said:
i was shocked when in Vritannis Guts had his life spare twice (by Zodd and by griffith when they're reaching the sea horse). [...] Griffith, Zodd and Grunbeld are personally aware of the danger that the group represents (specially griffith, who knows he still has emotions thanks to the demon child).

Griffith saw the group from afar as it was leaving the continent. Not only did he have no reason to act (as he had more pressing matters to attend to), but he had made it a point to show Guts he didn't care about him at all. That aside, the child's influence that you mention would presumably not work in favor of harming his parents. As for Zodd, I don't think his decision to let Guts live goes beyond his own personal choice.

Aulë

Studying Electrical engineering.
I think at some point Slan mentions that even them are not gods and can't predict everything. Seeing as they are not omnipotent and omniscient it would be difficult to control Gut's thoughts and actions to make him part of the plan.

What would be more interesting I think is if Griffith secretly wished to be killed by Guts to repent for his sins, or something like that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aulë said:
Seeing as they are not omnipotent and omniscient it would be difficult to control Guts thoughts and actions to make him part of the plan.

That's really not how causality works. The God Hand work on a macro scale to manipulate human events to their ends. This is bolstered by whatever the Idea of Evil does.

Top Bottom