Zodd fanart

P

pav327

Hey, here's a fanart I made some time ago. Haven't done any other Berserk related paintings, though I'll probably will do some more in the future.
Yup, I know that Zodd is way out of scale and he actually has different look to his claws. Hope you still enjoy it!

cPuOJic.jpg

Here's the process steps. Also, GIF verion: http://i.imgur.com/1WKSIcw.gif
ez52rwB.jpg

I've seen that one on Reddit I believe.
Really well done !! Proportions were indeed bothering me but as you stated and since it's pretty clearly intended it doesn't really matter in the end.
Also, you didn't notice that you changed the size of his remaining horn :zodd:
Amazing job still, I hope you make some more in the future :ubik:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
pav327 said:
Hey, here's a fanart I made some time ago. Haven't done any other Berserk related paintings, though I'll probably will do some more in the future.
Yup, I know that Zodd is way out of scale and he actually has different look to his claws. Hope you still enjoy it!

Hey there Pav, very cool stuff! I do remember seeing this piece on DeviantArt or a similar site a long while ago. Glad to have you on the forum now!

I personally always thought it was cool how you decided to play with Zodd's scale. I think it gives the picture a very ominous quality. :zodd:

Waow ! :isidro: This is really impressive, I love it.

pav327 said:
I know that Zodd is way out of scale and he actually has different look to his claws. Hope you still enjoy it!

It didn't bother me at all, on the contrary I thought you made it on purpuse, these giant dimensions makes the scene really epic and really show us how Guts' struggle is intense.
Plus, the fact that we can see Griffith so high, observing the scene from the top of this colossal Zodd makes him appear unreachable, which illustrate really well the manga. That's a 10/10 for me.

Oh and it was nice to see the process, thanks for sharing your work.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Nice! Very pulp paperback feel. Love the mood. The scale works, it's illustrative.

Reminds me a little of one of Frazetta's covers for Creepy.

zv5xjm.jpg

Faakin awesome. Zodd looks monstrous and menacing but I also love Griffith, find myself locking eyes on him immediately. Your choice of color tones for the background and with the way the light falls makes the painting looks ethereal. Looking forward to future paintings from you.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
pav327 said:

Nevermind the scale being wrong or anything, this looks great! Nice job!

Wow that's stunning. I especially like how you put Griffith in there and how otherworldly he looks. Great job.

Good luck beating that thing, Guts :guts:

Top Bottom