What's up, SK.net?

Acumen

God of beauty, ecstasy, evil, and the abyss.
So, I registered over a month ago, but here I am just now getting around to making my first post!

I'm Acumen, a 23 year old who started reading Berserk in January of 2014. I first became aware of the series back around 2009, and kind of wanted to read it then, but never got around to it — until a friend brought to my attention that the series had some connections to the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche's work, who I have been actively reading since 2010. At that point, I had to check it out. Since then I've read the whole series more than once, watched the anime, and watched the movies. I haven't played the games yet, but I want to eventually.

I haven't lurked this board too much. I've known about it for quite some time, and have looked around on it, but not at any significant length. I was interested in joining because, of course, I love Berserk and want to meet people who love it too — but also because there are some things I hope to share with you all down the line, regarding connections I have made myself with Berserk and other things. Hopefully some people will enjoy my contributions!

Other than that, I'm an avid video game player (Steam + PS4 + Wii U at the moment); I play just about everything. Some of my favorite games are KOFXI, Age of Empires 2, the original Halo trilogy, The Secret of Monkey Island, the Resident Evil series, Castlevania: Chronicles, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Thief 2, Hitman: Blood Money, Shinobi (PS2), the Far Cry series, the Serious Sam series, the Timesplitters series, JSR/F, Streets of Rage 2, Deadly Premonition, the Armored Core series, the Souls games / Bloodborne, Alien Soldier, STALKER... many others. I also read some other manga/watch other anime but not too much (Vagabond, Kaiji, and Eden: It's an Endless World! to name a few). I love art; I like collecting art books from various mediums. I read philosophy, of course, but I'm also kind of big on mythology and folklore. Some of my favorite movies are Excalibur, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Blade Runner, The Thing, Terminator 2, the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, The Mask, and Star Wars Episodes IV-VI.

Sorry for the long intro post. But, yeah. That's my intro.

Looking forward to being a contributing member of SK.net! :griffnotevil:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Acumen said:
I also read some other manga/watch other anime but not too much (Vagabond, Kaiji, and Eden: It's an Endless World! to name a few)

Finally another fan of Eden. One of my favorites. It's an incredible manga. Welcome to the site Acumen.

Top Bottom