New + trouble uploading an avatar

Hello there!

This is the most boring post ever at SK, but I couldn't find a thread to deal with these technical issues, so... :griffnotevil:

- Would you tell me how to upload an avatar? Are specific size and dimensions required?
I mean, I've tried to upload several images with different dimensions (even after the forum gallery samples to make sure), but none worked and the avaatar field remained empty.

- Also, can anyone confirm if the signature images are always resized (and thus, their resolution weakens), or is t?

In advance, THANK YOU for your time!

On another note, I'm SO glad Berserk has so many devoted, intelligent fans and that sites like this one exist. :ubik:
Love and cheers from Portugal

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Patovs and welcome.

Patovs said:
- Would you tell me how to upload an avatar? Are specific size and dimensions required?
I mean, I've tried to upload several images with different dimensions (even after the forum gallery samples to make sure), but none worked and the avaatar field remained empty.

You can't upload images to the forum, we don't allow it. You can link to images you're hosting somewhere else, however (like imgur). The size limits are 250 x 300 pixels.

Patovs said:
- Also, can anyone confirm if the signature images are always resized (and thus, their resolution weakens), or is t?

In advance, THANK YOU for your time!

Signatures have a maximum given height of 150 pixels.

Aazealh, sir!
Hello and thank you!

Not solved, though...
Not to push my luck, given the pettiness of my concerns, but here we go, ayway:

Aazealh said:
You can link to images you're hosting somewhere else, however (like imgur). The size limits are 250 x 300 pixels.
I did upload hosted images (Imageshack, specifically) and none was bigger than those dimensions.
For instance, this one, 97Kb and 250x350, keeps on retrieving an error, something similar to "too big or not an avatar":

25K8oS.png

- Again, thanks!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That's still too large for avatars. I resized it and uploaded it as: http://www.skullknight.net/images/griffith-color.jpg Works!

Wow!!! :ubik:
Thanks so much, Walter! Sir.
Looks neat!

Now, one last thing, please?
- So, are the size limits of the avatars 250x200?

Unrelated P.S.: Oh, the letter you sent Miura som eyears ago... *takes a bow* *or two*

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Patovs said:
- So, are the size limits of the avatars 250x200?

I just checked, like Aaz said, it's 250x300 (widthxheight).

Patovs said:
Unrelated P.S.: Oh, the letter you sent Miura som eyears ago... *takes a bow* *or two*

Thanks, it was a very humbling and lucky experience for us all.

Top Bottom