Fanarts of mine

Uriel said:
It looks like a Takarazuka troupe version, which is quite effective.
Ah! That teather group of women playing men? I see it, I see it!
(And thank you! :void: )

/ / / / / / / / /

Now, here's another one I could say it was inspired by this beautiful image, but the real reason is that I screwed up the left side of his face. :SK:
I'll admit it's not right on point and on tumblr no one liked it but I still think it's sharable.
Oil, gouache and ink on cardboard:

tumblr_o4sxnjDGJH1v98zuoo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o4sxnjDGJH1v98zuoo3_r1_1280.jpg

:puck:

This one is probably my favorite! I'm particularly impressed by his eye (great hair too). Too bad for the side you screwed up, but I think you shouldn't leave it like that, maybe you could try to do the half of Femto's face? If you like the idea of course, and if it's not too late (I don't know anything about painting).

MiyamotoPuck said:
This one is probably my favorite! I'm particularly impressed by his eye (great hair too). Too bad for the side you screwed up, but I think you shouldn't leave it like that, maybe you could try to do the half of Femto's face? If you like the idea of course, and if it's not too late (I don't know anything about painting).

Yay! :ubik: Thank you!
Now... let me state that you are absolutely right indeed: half the draw is half the fun...! *keeps the note to self*
Neverthless, as correcting the painting in the state it is now would be quite an hassle, I instead made a little trick on Photoshop. While far from a proper solution, I hope it's better than nothing...
Allow me:

tumblr_o4z7nofmkH1v98zuoo2_r1_1280.jpg

:farnese:

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
I really like this (though the symmetry is off-putting)! When I first glimpsed at this picture, I thought the blue line was the edge of his sword, which I think would be a really nice effect.

Delta Phi said:
When I first glimpsed at this picture, I thought the blue line was the edge of his sword, which I think would be a really nice effect.
Thank you so much for your input and suggestions! :slan:

tumblr_o4z7nofmkH1v98zuoo1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o4z7nofmkH1v98zuoo3_r1_1280.jpg

I'm not sure if the "sword" is blending in in decent terms, but but.
Next time I'll be more careful from scratch anyway. :schierke:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I don't necessary think it's a question of being more careful. It's always nice to try something new or different. And sometimes it's normal to screw up a bit of a drawing. Nice way to save it though. Very interesting.

I like the first image at the top of this page for the colors, textures and the choice of purple ... those dark strokes in the purple area kinda give you the illusion of Femto's helmet which fits in perfect. Agree with jackson_hurley, really cool save. Keep it up! Mistakes are fun and permanent, giving it that sense of adventure to see where you go with it.

Guys guys, you are awesome.
Wise words have been dropped here (I'm talking to you, jackson_hurley and IncantatioN). Thank you!

MiyamotoPuck, as for your suggestions, they became orders:

tumblr_o50um771Uh1v98zuoo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o50um771Uh1v98zuoo2_1280.jpg

:griffnotevil:

jackson_hurley

Nice!

And it's always a pleasure to drop some advices when I have some to share. I don't draw as much as I'd like but I still draw a lot. I guess it's a territory that I know enough (I think) to give my opinion. :serpico:

jackson_hurley said:
I don't draw as much as I'd like but I still draw a lot. I guess it's a territory that I know enough (I think) to give my opinion.
In that case, shoudn't you be presenting us with some drawings of yours? :void: Do you make fanart, by any chance?

//////////

Then...
I swear not a week goes by without me drawing a new Griffith-the-2nd! And it won't stop soon, I'm afraid...
Just graphite on paper, quicker this time:

DpyuEd.jpg

yOzBZ4.jpg

:rakshas:

jackson_hurley

Hummm wow! Very cool!!

Patovs said:
In that case, shouldn't you be presenting us with some drawings of yours? :void: Do you make fanart, by any chance?

Ah but I did a few months ago! :slan: But here's the link again. (I never created my own thread yet for my artwork.)

Sadly, I don't do fan art yet. I'm scared of the result and how I could shame Miura with my not so good skills. (Pretty much why I did not create my own thread since it's not fan art)

Anyways here's where you can find my stuff :

www.facebook.com/comingofthemonsters

It's an artist page so i don't think you'll need an actual account to check it out. if so, let me know I'll find a better way to show some piece I did. My latest piece is the profile picture you'll see when you'll get there. (take in mind that this is only a portion of my stuff and you will probably need to browse the picture section since I did not clean that section in a while. Dig up dig up for hidden treasure! Ok I shut up now)

I would like to/will do someday some silkscreening of my favorite panels of the series though. It'll make an awesome room when i have a few done. (For that project I'll have a thread for sure! I should start this summer. Been a while I printed something)

Ps: Feel free to add the page if you like what you see. I post some stuff from time to time. Not much these days cause I'm working on new material...

Awesome as usual Patovs! :guts:

jackson_hurley said:
Sadly, I don't do fan art yet. I'm scared of the result and how I could shame Miura with my not so good skills.

Some of your drawings are really creepy (in a good way), you should try!

jackson_hurley

MiyamotoPuck said:
Some of your drawings are really creepy (in a good way), you should try!

Thank you. :femto:

And funny that you mention it, as I was about to maybe try one or two for fun. I think I'll try one of the God Hand (or more than one). I'm just shy of drawing other characters that are not mine. But since I've been lurking in the creation station I've been tempted to try it. I'll let you guys and gals know if I do one.

@jackson_hurley:
Not surprising... Only someone with experience would say the wise things you did. :carcus:
I think your lineart is frankly great and that you have 'suis generis', unique atmosferes and compositions, with conscience involved (not 'mere chance', if you know what I mean).
Tell me, do you have any sort of artistic academic background?

Then, I second MiyamotoPuck! Your works do have a eerie, creepy, alien feeling to them. Even the address of your page hahah
The God Hand seems perfect for your style and I'd love to see some tries by your hand!

Thank you for sharing your work and page with me (us)! :ubik:

P.S. Oh and let me just add that if I was Miura I'd be thankful for all and every attempt of other people at drawing my characters! The awesome ones and the worst ever ones. And I somehow think you agree with this. ;)

jackson_hurley

Patovs said:
@jackson_hurley:
Not surprising... Only someone with experience would say the wise things you did. :carcus:
I think your lineart is frankly great and that you have 'suis generis', unique atmosferes and compositions, with conscience involved (not 'mere chance', if you know what I mean).
Tell me, do you have any sort of artistic academic background?

Then, I second MiyamotoPuck! Your works do have a eerie, creepy, alien feeling to them. Even the address of your page hahah
The God Hand seems perfect for your style and I'd love to see some tries by your hand!

Thank you! I try to be wise but I'm no pro so i tend to keep my mouth shut just in case bullshit comes out from it.

To be honest the only artistic background I could say I had was my graphic design years at college. Though I never worked in the domain after I graduated. I had some art class in that program but I mostly learned by myself. (apart from what some of the class teached me)

I've been a comic book fan since '98 and kept checking out the artwork of the illustrators. Of course when I discovered berserk I was very glad for the details are just crazy.

Patovs said:

Then by all means I shall try my hand at fan art! The last time I tried was a spider-man cover way back at the end of the 90's.

Patovs said:
P.S. Oh and let me just add that if I was Miura I'd be thankful for all and every attempt of other people at drawing my characters! The awesome ones and the worst ever ones. And I somehow think you agree with this. ;)

Indeed. I do agree with you on that. :guts:

Top Bottom