SPECIAL: Coming to America Episode

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

SPECIAL: Coming to America Episode (24m)

Aazealh travels to America to visit forum members Gobolatula and Grail. Unfortunately, it was too far away for Walter and Griff to join in on the fun.

Berserk Vol 38 cover, the new anime trailer, food and San Francisco discussion ensues!

===========================================
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or by plugging this address
into your favorite podcast app: http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml

===========================================

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome! Did you like In n Out better than Five Guys? Get em jungle fries from the secret menu?!

Googled Mystery Spot, definitely spooky lookin.

Hmm, paying someone to harass Miura about a new art book...I'd chip in on that! :ganishka:

Glad you enjoyed your first trip to the U.S. of A. and got to eat lots of burgers, Aazealh! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ApostleBob said:
Cool mini episode! How was your time in the states Aaz? Did you guys take any pictures to mark the occasion?

I had a great time! We did take pictures, but what happens in the MySteRy SpOt forever stays there. :schnoz:

IncantatioN said:
Did you like In n Out better than Five Guys? Get em jungle fries from the secret menu?!

I would say that In-N-Out's 4x4 beats Five Guys' Bacon Cheeseburger, but I would need to conduct analyses on many more samples before I can submit my paper to Nature Biotechnology. And yes of course, I had the burger and the fries "animal style". Unfortunately I found the fries themselves too dry for my taste, but it may have been a one off thing. On that note, Five Guys is opening its first venue in France this summer, so maybe I'll go and compare it to the US experience.

JMP said:
Hmm, paying someone to harass Miura about a new art book...I'd chip in on that! :ganishka:

First we set up a lobby, then we create the SkullKnight Party just in time for 2020. :SK:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Aaz I had a hell of a fun time hanging out with you and showing you my small portion of America. I hope you get to visit again some time soon! :serpico:

It was great podcasting with you and Grail. It was surreal actually being in the same room with you as we recorded, haha!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Aaz I had a hell of a fun time hanging out with you and showing you my small portion of America. I hope you get to visit again some time soon! :serpico:

Thanks man, and I had the best of times as well. I bet you're bored now without me and my always-on commentary on anything and everything. :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
It was great podcasting with you and Grail. It was surreal actually being in the same room with you as we recorded, haha!

I imagine it made the conversation go a little more smoothly than Skype, yeah? I'm envio- "What?" I- "Huh?" I said I "Sorry you were saying?" I SAID I'M ENVIOUS, FUCK!

Great Podcast, Very funny stuff!! :ganishka:

regarding the artbook, i think we'll definitely get another one in the future but how likely is it that we're gonna get it while berserk is still running? i read some stuff on Yukito Kishiro's website (Gunnm Mangaka) about the illustrations he had to make for the new release of Gunnm: Last Order when he switched publishers. he said it usually takes him 3 days to make a cover illustration, and all his new illustrations were simply side shots of characters from shoulders up, mostly focusing on the face of the character, and the background is white. i know that different artists draw at different speeds but its pretty clear that these things take time. i wonder if miura will be able to make another one will berserk is serialized.

on the flip side there are plenty of illustrations that haven't been compiled into an artbook, i really wonder what's stopping them. Takehiko Inoue has multiple arbook that consistent of just cover art and manga panels he drew with the brush, maybe miura wants to make one more special in the future

hopefully when berserk is finished they release the dream artbook, with every single volume cover, every single poster, and every other berserk illustration by miura with a new interview

xVmJSNb.jpg

Aazealh said:
I would say that In-N-Out's 4x4 beats Five Guys' Bacon Cheeseburger, but I would need to conduct analyses on many more samples before I can submit my paper to Nature Biotechnology. And yes of course, I had the burger and the fries "animal style". Unfortunately I found the fries themselves too dry for my taste, but it may have been a one off thing. On that note, Five Guys is opening its first venue in France this summer, so maybe I'll go and compare it to the US experience.

Nice. Let us know how it compares ^_^. Five Guys blew up in New York some 6ish years ago and were all over the place. Sales dipped from the over exposure and they're now found in select spots which I kind of prefer. There's a certain novelty to make a slight trip to have what you crave vs finding it across the street like 99 Miles To Philly are good for philly cheese steak sandwiches OR take a 2 hour bus ride to Philly to have Jim's philly cheese steak sandwiches - (bad) extreme example but you know! I definitely want to try In n Out. There's a place around here called Petey's that some people claim is close to the In n Out style, flavor and I liked their burgers. East Coast you'd have to try the Stackshack from Shake Shack and hit up Go Burger, Bareburger, Emmy Burger from Emily, Burger Joint, Umami Burger, the whiskey burger at Gramercy Tavern, Ros's Brooklyn, Steak Aur Poivre burger at Raoul's ... there's too many to list. I recently tried the Ramen burger and it was shit. The burger itself was the only decent thing about it.

Top Bottom