Studying abroad in Japan would like to contact and meet Mr.Miura how to contact?

I have the amazing opportunity to study abroad in Japan with my drawing professor for summer and will be around Tokyo prefecture which is not too far from Chiba Prefecture. I am an illustration artist who works with dark and macabre content much like Mr. Miura's. Finding Berserk 2 years ago was one of the best things to happen to me and being able to meet with one of my artist hero's would be surreal.

I was wondering if any of you here would be able to help me in contacting Mr.Miura? I would be forever grateful and could repay you guys with a free commission drawing or some of my smaller work. http://www.gonzzink.com/448756/7225712/gallery/irrational-fear-cards

Thanks everyone and

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
I don't think there's a particularly direct way of contacting Miura. Your best bet would be to go through Hakusensha, and hope that you can work your way through the channels. Contact info can be found in each episode included in Young Animal.

That said, from what I gather, Miura is very private. We were lucky to get a few questions answered in the 2009 interview (and even then it was through an editor, Akira Shimida, and not Miura himself). I think it would be something akin to a miracle if you were able to actually meet with that man.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gonzzink said:
I was wondering if any of you here would be able to help me in contacting Mr.Miura? I would be forever grateful and could repay you guys with a free commission drawing or some of my smaller work.

You can always write to Young Animal's office (the address is included in each magazine) and ask them to relay a message to Miura. They usually do.
That being said, there's a reason Miura's address isn't publicly known. I don't think he'd like strangers to continuously visit for whatever reason. Therefore I'm afraid you're on your own here. I would also advise you to do the right thing and respect his privacy.

Top Bottom