Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Edit -- Review: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=15006.msg246109#msg246109

So, Omega Force opened a new teaser site a few days ago, which hinted that the next Musou game would be the "Baddest/Evilest in Musou history." People have been scratching their heads.

The site updated recently, to include this:

movie3.gif

Kind of Berserk-esque if you don't mind my saying. There is nothing confirming it at this point. However, if you Inspect Elements on the page, it has 'anime' in the code. They've done plenty of franchise crossovers before... why not for the upcoming Berserk anime?

Anyway. This might be quite unlikely. Just 'wishful thinking' I suppose. Watch this space.

Uriel

Re: Berserk Musou game...?

RaffoBaffo said:
It's either Berserk or Attack on Titan.

I thought about that. But it seems too soon since Koei Tecmo released a Shingeki game. That game isn't even out in the US yet until August. So announcing a new game so soon would be bad business IMO. And the visuals don't quite fit that shows theme.

Of course it might not be (and probably won't be) either.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

If not for the recent anime, I'd call this a longshot. But the timing makes sense, and I can see how a Berserk Musou game could work (imagine it with Griffith's apostle army as playable characters). That being said, based just on what they're saying, it could be almost anything. The teaser says it will be "the most brutal title in Musou history." Berserk is brutal, but so are maaaaany other series. Or it might not be a licensed property (imagine!)

Here's the site, which has a reveal planned on June 13: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/omega_new/

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword

Yes please! As long as the cast of playable characters is long and thoughtful, I'll be buying. I'll try not to get my hopes up.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Uriel said:
Kind of Berserk-esque if you don't mind my saying. There is nothing confirming it at this point. However, if you Inspect Elements on the page, it has 'anime' in the code. They've done plenty of franchise crossovers before... why not for the upcoming Berserk anime?

Would make sense. There's a concerted marketing push going on, and a game would fit in nicely with the rest. Plus that genre, with its focus on 1 vs 10000 action and lack of story, would make for an easy adaptation. Of course that doesn't mean it would be good.

Uriel

Aazealh said:
Would make sense. There's a concerted marketing push going on, and a game would fit in nicely with the rest. Plus that genre, with its focus on 1 vs 10000 action and lack of story, would make for an easy adaptation. Of course that doesn't mean it would be good.

I am a total sucker for the One Piece musou games. I reckon, with the right selection of characters, it could be satisfying.

It's cool if it's really a new Berserk game, I just hope they won't use the same visual style as the upcoming anime...

The Beast of Darkness said:
It's cool if it's really a new Berserk game, I just hope they won't use the same visual style as the upcoming anime...

If that Arslan game is anything to go by...they will. :magni: (I just can't stop using this emoticon, sorry).

Uriel

Welp: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/berserk-musou/

Edit - Haha, slightly beat out. Either way, nothing really to see. More details incoming. You can followed https://twitter.com/berserk_musou if you're interested.

R

Resonance

I am so hyped right now, it's unbelievable.

I'm not very familiar with these games, could someone fill me in on what we might be able to expect from this?

Rupert Sinclair said:
I'm not very familiar with these games, could someone fill me in on what we might be able to expect from this?

they're like dynasty warriors, you clear waves and waves of enemies and face a boss at the end of the level, they have different playable characters too. check out one piece pirate warriors, samurai warriors, fist of the north star ken's rage, that type of game

Uriel

This is encouraging.

http://www.koeitecmoeurope.com/berserk/
http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/berserk/

Show me some gameplay next, please. Maybe that'll be what is happening on 6.23?

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles

It will be released for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC in the West, and PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita in Japan.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword

Despite the tastelessness of the trailer, this just got me significantly more hyped than anything the new anime has produced! Now let's hope we get some decent/diverse characters and an expansive list of stages.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying

Aww yeah, the fact that it's coming to the west and on Steam is awesome! I don't know if Berserk lends itself to a Musou series exactly, I mean Guts mowing through waves of enemies fits, but these games always have tons of playable characters, it's weird thinking of Serpico, Isidro, and Farnese fighting hundreds of enemies. Either way, I'm excited.

Buuuut.... using Casca's rape scene to promote the game is really fucking dumb and tasteless. Seriously? Couldn't they have just shown Guts suiting up or a shot moving up the Dragon Slayer or literally anything else from the series?

False

May you find your worth in the waking world.

Well that was just straight up distasteful.

Zero excitement, too, because I don't care about musou games. Oh well.

Yeah, I'm not really getting hyped either. Not only was the trailer absolutely disgusting, but I really have no faith in this product. Anime tie-in games are no different than movie tie-ins; rushed pieces of crap purely made for the sake of advertisement.

Hard to believe someone thought it would be a good idea to release that as a teaser trailer. This recent Berserk media marketing push has been a disaster.

Top Bottom