Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Re: Berserk Musou game...?

Can't really say much more than echo the aforementioned sentiments. Excited/piqued interest in a Dynasty Warriors style Berserk video game, but my god what shit choice of subject matter to use for an announcement trailer.

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]

First, Zelda, then Dragon Quest, and now Berserk! All my favorite series are being turned into a musou... Can't wait for Dark Souls Musou :schierke:

It's funny that I just finished listening to the 8-4 Play podcast, and they were talking about the teaser site potentially being about a Star Wars Musou cause the description sounded like Darth Vader. I'm guessing the site was talking about a sword wielding man in black.

I wonder which one will look better the Anime or this games cutscenes?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Dar Klink said:
Buuuut.... using Casca's rape scene to promote the game is really fucking dumb and tasteless. Seriously? Couldn't they have just shown Guts suiting up or a shot moving up the Dragon Slayer or literally anything else from the series?

This exactly. What kind of absolute moron thought this would make for an appropriate trailer? That actually lowers my anticipation if anything. I hope the game itself isn't that tasteless.

R

Resonance

Aazealh said:
This exactly. What kind of absolute moron thought this would make for an appropriate trailer? That actually lowers my anticipation if anything. I hope the game itself isn't that tasteless.

Yeah, seems very bizarre that they would use that scene in particular. But at least we are given some sort of clue that this game will try and be faithful to the source material and not try to censor in mass amounts.

Aazealh said:

More than likely it was done just for controversy, just that kind of thinking of "controversy sells" crap, that some sordid person believes.

Re: Berserk [Working Title] Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

I really hope that Hirasawa Susumu is involved in making the soundtrack for the game, do you guys think there will be a good chance that he will or no?

slowishturtle said:
What's wrong with it?

Isn't it obvious ?
Sure, it grabs the attention of people, and fans know about this scene too, but what about the people who haven't gotten introduced to the series yet? They take a very important scene from the Manga and put it in a context in which it can be understood completely wrong. Nonethless, i won't let this get too much into my head. I look forward to the future trailers, especially concerning the gameplay.

I wonder which part of the story will be playable though...

Ken said:
I really hope that Hirasawa Susumu is involved in making the soundtrack for the game, do you guys think there will be a good chance that he will or no?

We can only speculate, but i doubt it. At most, we may get one song though.

Not at all impressed with this. I'm happy for the people who enjoy these types of games, but I haven't cared for them since I bought Dynasty Warriors 2 when it was brand new on PS2 and there was nothing else really to buy. These types of games just bore me. But who knows, it could be a surprise and maybe I'll love it. Not like there was any gameplay shown.

Which brings me to the trailer. What the fuck, really? That was pretty much the most tasteless and terrible choice. Trying to entice people with Casca's rape in fancy CGI? Enough people already have misunderstandings about the series when it comes to 'big man with a sword', 'obnoxious amounts of gore' and 'rape, rape ,rape', this doesn't help anything.

With a series that has the sheer amount of amazing artwork, story, action and intrigue, they go with that. Stay classy guys.

I am interested enough that a modern Berserk game is even being made and I'll pay attention to it at least. At worst, I might buy it for $5 during a Steam sale.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Resonance said:
Yeah, seems very bizarre that they would use that scene in particular. But at least we are given some sort of clue that this game will try and be faithful to the source material and not try to censor in mass amounts.

I don't think this is any indication that they'll be faithful to the source material. As a reminder, the source material doesn't have slimy tentacles groping Casca, it has claws ripping her flesh and leaving bloody wounds all over her body.

slowishturtle said:
What's wrong with it?

You make it hard for me to refrain from making "slowish" jokes here... If you've never heard of Berserk, just based on the trailer, what would you think the game is about? That's what's wrong with it. It has no point. It takes the most sensitive scene of the entire manga and uses it purely gratuitously.

So, I'm going through the podcasts right now and I listened to episode 30 (2/10/2013) today. In it you guys bring up the idea of a Berserk Musou game and then this trailer drops today. Just thought that was interesting haha.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Sikorsky87 said:
So, I'm going through the podcasts right now and I listened to episode 30 (2/10/2013) today. In it you guys bring up the idea of a Berserk Musou game and then this trailer drops today. Just thought that was interesting haha.

Yeah, we've talked about it a few times. It's always made sense. It's just a hard thing to get excited about, really. They aren't great games.

I expect: Big battles across Berserk's history, with various playable characters. While I'm sure you'll be able to play as Guts, going a bit further, playing as the Skull Knight during something like the attack on Flora's mansion would be pretty awesome, as would playing as Zodd, able to transform, etc. Or, hell, why not: Gaiseric! :ubik:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

jackson_hurley said:
What about Puck? We know he can be a warrior. Where's the love for him?!! :carcus:

I think that's totally possible. Puck vs Incubi, Bloody Needle Strike, etc. Boss battle would be the Albatross (seagull)!

On second thought this is too clever for a Musou game... :azan:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!

Walter said:
I think that's totally possible. Puck vs Incubi, Bloody Needle Strike, etc. Boss battle would be the Albatross (seagull)!

On second thought this is too clever for a Musou game... :azan:

Sadly I'm sure you're right about that one. It'd be fucking awesome though...

I imagine there will be factions like the Dynasty Warriors games. Possibilities include:

Kushan
-Ganishka
-Daiba
-Silat
-Tapasa

Chuder
-Boscogn
-Gennon
-Adon

old Band of the Hawk (New and Old)
-Guts
-Griffith
-Pippin
-Judeau
-Casca

New Band of the Hawk
-Griffith
-Zodd
-Locus
-Grunbeld
-Irving
-Rakshas

Black Swordsman
-Berserker Guts
-Isidro
-Scheirke
-Serpico
-Roderick

Midland
- King of Midland?
-Count Julious
-Sir Owen
-Sir Raban
-White Tiger knight Commander

Holy See
-Azan
-Farnese
-Serpico
-Mozgus
-Torturers

R

Resonance

Aazealh said:
I don't think this is any indication that they'll be faithful to the source material. As a reminder, the source material doesn't have slimy tentacles groping Casca, it has claws ripping her flesh and leaving bloody wounds all over her body.

You make it hard for me to refrain from making "slowish" jokes here... If you've never heard of Berserk, just based on the trailer, what would you think the game is about? That's what's wrong with it. It has no point. It takes the most sensitive scene of the entire manga and uses it purely gratuitously.

Oh yeah, went completely over my head. Guess I am in complete agreement with how tasteless this trailer is then.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword

Bob, if we got an official list comparable to yours, I'd be so happy! Of course, we can't forget all Skully either :badbone:

I would imagine that some characters would just have costume changes instead of being divided up into entirely different factions. They have potential to have such an amazing cast. Does anyone know how well they did the other anime musou casts? I'm just worried we'll get like 10 characters max.

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.

They did a great job I think with the One Piece Kaizoku Musou games. I wonder if each character will have an array of different skills and attacks, just like they did with the Strawhats and other pirates.

This will definitely be an interesting take on a Berserk game. I can imagine playing Zodd and transforming in his apostle form whenever I please to smash in skulls :zodd:

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword

Interview with Hisashi Koinuma found on Reddit. Google translate is pretty rough so I don't want to speculate too much, but it would seem the game will go beyond the Golden Age, and this was a joint effort (as if there was any doubt) coinciding with the anime production. Apostle transformations were mentioned, but I'm not sure in what capacity--possibly as large scale bosses.

If it's a Berserk version of Hyrule Warriors, that's all I'll need, fighting armies of trolls and apostles as my favourite characters. But I am sick of these game trailers that don't show actual gameplay, though if the graphics are anything to go by it looks far better than the upcoming anime.

Full pic of that poster. It kinda reminds me of the visuals from the Pachinko games

l_576184f178753.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Mangetsu said:
Full pic of that poster. It kinda reminds me of the visuals from the Pachinko games

Good call, looks extremely similar.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

If this game is just mindless hack-and-slash fun with playable characters like Guts, Casca, Griffith, SK, Zodd, then I'm way more excited for it than the goddamned anime.

Some info from GAF:

some info from the magazines. I don't know Berserk so not sure with some of the terms

-The game takes place from golden age upto black swordsman
-Some scenes from 1997 anime and movie are used, as well as brand new stuff for the game. There will be a lot of scenes.
-the game is not directly tied with the newly airing Berserk anime. The game is made so even people who are not familiar with Berserk can enjoy
-There are huge boss battles, 1v1 against boss, fighting against small enemies and boss popping up during the battle
-lots of boss characters in the game, like zodd and bull/ox monster.
-Guts' fighting style changes as the story progresses in the manga, and the game will reflect that in the gameplay
-As with other Musou games, Guts is not the only playble character.
-the game's visual style will be similar to the poster
-The core target audience for the game is the fans of the original manga. But newcomers will also be able to enjoy the game.
-Japan and West have different restrictions for gore/erotic. Japan is more strict on gore stuff, while West is more strict on erotic stuff. So they want to get the balance right while staying true to the original.
-they will release a video featuring Guts soon.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207292653&postcount=1172

Sounds good to me.

Top Bottom