Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Re: Berserk [Working Title] Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Henry Spencer said:
[quote author=GAF]-The game takes place from golden age upto black swordsman
[/quote]

That seems a bit vague and makes me apprehensive (do they mean the story arc, or Guts' character arc?). I'd really like to see content up through Millennium Falcon. Maybe have the final stage the battle at Vritannis. It would make sense seeing as how all the major characters are present in one place. But maybe that's asking too much :schierke:

But to be completely honest, I'm just worried I won't get to play as Serpico with the sylph sword and cloak :serpico:

R

Resonance

One on one fights with boss monsters eh? That sounds quite interesting, if they are taking this approach I hope they make this game feel more heavier than the recent Warriors games. An example would be Nioh, another game being made by Koei Techmo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AzJ-vPXWOs

Then again, without the feeling of ripping apart whordes of enemies with ease it may not feel like a Warriors game.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Unfortunate that they're stopping near Black Swordsman... A Golden Age retread is just about the last thing I want.

R

Resonance

Walter said:
Unfortunate that they're stopping near Black Swordsman... A Golden Age retread is just about the last thing I want.

I don't know why, but I am getting a premonition that we will get the later story arcs and characters in the form of downloadable content. Like have a look at the sheer amount of it for their newest Warriors game. http://www.zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/

Maybe it's speculative and perhaps so, but I still cant shake this feeling.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Walter said:

That's not what it says, just that it'll go from Golden Age era Guts to Black Swordsman Guts. Could very well go up to Fantasia for all we know.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Aazealh said:
That's not what it says, just that it'll go from Golden Age era Guts to Black Swordsman Guts. Could very well go up to Fantasia for all we know.

Oh? Well then, great! Was hard to tell that from the NeoGaf translation.

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.

Walter said:
If this game is just mindless hack-and-slash fun with playable characters like Guts, Casca, Griffith, SK, Zodd, then I'm way more excited for it than the goddamned anime.

What I wouldn't give to battle Zodd as Skull Knight before the gates of Abyss/Eclipse.

Pure hack and slash action games dont do it for me, but then I imagine Berserk as an rpg i cant imagine it as anything other than story driven rpg. Which in itself is fine, but i can only imagine how weak the rpg elements would be when you consider guts has maybe 3-4 weapons , and two of those are just swords. Or two armours etc.

Also, do we know if this is releasing in Japan first and then some months later in West or does it have a simultaneous release?

D

Dragon Warrior

I wouldn't mind if they will stop around The Black Swordsman arc to save the other arcs for the future games. Pretty great if they will make falcon of the millennium empire arc in the 2nd sequel for this game and add The Berserk armor there too. It would be EPIC.

But all I'm really happy about is they finally decided to make a new videogame now + new anime. This series has came back to life :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Feeblecursedone said:
Also, do we know if this is releasing in Japan first and then some months later in West or does it have a simultaneous release?

We don't know when it'll come stateside, but it's coming to Steam, which all but guarantees it'll be released here.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles

There are 2 trailers.
One for the Japan relase [2016], and one for the West relase [Coming Soon]

R

Resonance

RaffoBaffo said:
There are 2 trailers.
One for the Japan relase [2016], and one for the West relase [Coming Soon]

I am gonna take a gamble and say the 6/23 date is when we will have the Japanese trailer, and then the West one may just be a subtitled Japanese trailer (maybe dubbed) put up on their website which would come out soon after the Japanese trailer.

Feeblecursedone

I hope the game is of decent length. Like 30 hours or so.

Barring the Pachinko (which I have no access to ... still want to play it cos it's so over the top), this'll be the first time I'll get to play a Berserk game as it is released. So, I'm excited about that part!

Speaking of the game play, I have no experience with Dynasty Warriors/Musou (had to look it up), so I don't know if I'll like/hate it or be good/suck at it but I'm up for the challenge.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!

IncantatioN said:
Barring the Pachinko (which I have no access to ... still want to play it cos it's so over the top), this'll be the first time I'll get to play a Berserk game as it is released. So, I'm excited about that part!

Speaking of the game play, I have no experience with Dynasty Warriors/Musou (had to look it up), so I don't know if I'll like/hate it or be good/suck at it but I'm up for the challenge.

Pretty much the same thing for me. I have never played any of the previous Berserk games considering that I don't own a dreamcast nor a Japanese version of ps2 (and too lazy to get it chipped etc) So I'm glad they don't limit it to ps4 and other recent platforms. I have a ps3 and have no intention on getting a ps4 for a long time. So I might get that game.

Feeblecursedone

How many playable characters could there be? Ideally, Guts, Casca, Griffith, Judeau, Pipin, Zodd, SkullKnight.... Anyone else? Maybe Locus, Grunbeld and Irvine too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Feeblecursedone said:
How many playable characters could there be? Ideally, Guts, Casca, Griffith, Judeau, Pipin, Zodd, SkullKnight.... Anyone else? Maybe Locus, Grunbeld and Irvine too.

You're a page late for that discussion :griffnotevil:

Feeblecursedone

I know i know <.< cut the new guy some slack :p

Just wanna see gameplay as soon as possible.

R

Resonance

The Warriors franchise as a whole is fun and enjoyable, especially more so when you have a few mates around to play the game online or offline with. It's main selling point is definately the whole aspect of taking out droves of the enemy army with flashy techniques and with energetic rock music to accompany it. Does it's job fairly well as entertainment, but it's kinda like Marmite in a way. Where you either dislike these types of games or like them, I recomend trying to demo a Warriors game to see if it's your cup of tea.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Feeblecursedone said:
Pure hack and slash action games dont do it for me, but then I imagine Berserk as an rpg i cant imagine it as anything other than story driven rpg. Which in itself is fine, but i can only imagine how weak the rpg elements would be when you consider guts has maybe 3-4 weapons , and two of those are just swords. Or two armours etc.

Generally-speaking Berserk doesn't lend itself to videogames well because it's so tightly crafted it leaves no room for the kinds of liberties a game demands. The DC game was the ideal scenario, a heavily story-driven game taking place in a side-story done by Miura with creative design by Miura as well. The gameplay was somewhat lacking but everything else was stellar. Barring another game like that (which is never happening IMHO), a straightfoward action game without too much focus on the story is the least problematic adaptation they could do.

Feeblecursedone

Probably. If they can nail gameplay/action properly, it should be a solid game. There's also opportunity for good visuals as well, considering Berserk has some interesting environments. Castles, evil looking woods, abyss, etc.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Everyone, just be prepared: https://youtu.be/M3p-3PO9yKA

Translated Interview.

http://www.play-asia.com/berserk-musou-starting-from-the-golden-age-famitsu-interview-translated/5f/747x1

Feeblecursedone

Wouldn't you say that the Teaser trailer was pretty sexy?

Obviously someone who didnt read Berserk, otherwise they wouldnt be making such a claim.

R

Resonance

Ken said:
Translated Interview.

http://www.play-asia.com/berserk-musou-starting-from-the-golden-age-famitsu-interview-translated/5f/747x1

OoOo :ubik: thanks for this, reveals quite a bit of information. I am quite relieved to see that they will indeed try to make gameplay "that makes you feel the impact of your hits" and that they are said to be recreating many many scenes within the manga. Also quite surprised that the game is near completion too I would of thought this game to be released by 2017 tbh.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

As everyone knows Berserk is both a very Gorey and erotic manga and so we want to reflect that in the game itself too.

From the publisher that brought you Dead or Alive: XTreme Beach Volleyball 3, comes the latest erotic thriller! Berserk!

Top Bottom