Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Delta Phi said:
I've been silently hoping for this ever since the game was first being speculated. Each new info about this game gets me more and more pumped. I'm so stoked for this game! It looks absolutely great!

Or fighting Ganishka alongside Zodd. Or playing as Skull Knight rescuing Guts and Casca during the Eclipse. :isidro:

I wonder if Wyald and Rosine will be in this? Will already be better than the new anime if so.

Found these on NeoGAF, I don't think they were posted here:

fDLaExe.jpg

WWBx3np.jpg

Trolls begone! looks great, the lighting in that screenshot looks really nice.

this here looks badass.

XSP12ov.jpg

not really liking how they modeled Zodd's head here, maybe it just doesn't look good in that angle.

cR1CeZR.jpg

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
Or fighting Ganishka alongside Zodd. Or playing as Skull Knight rescuing Guts and Casca during the Eclipse

Fighting Zodd as Skull Knight would be badass. Maybe even being able to choose to play as Zodd against Skull Knight.

I wonder if Wyald and Rosine will be in this? Will already be better than the new anime if so.

I hope so because I'd like to see Pipin being playable in the chase instance alongside Guts, they make a superb tag team.

i wonder if puck is gonna be playable or be a support character, i know he's not much of a fighter but i could see guts have an ability to summon puck on the battlefield where he would blind the enemies (stunning them) and helping guts that way. hopefully they will have mounted battles as well, horses shouldn't be too hard to implement and it would only make the large scale battles more true to the manga.

Feeblecursedone

Ken said:
i wonder if puck is gonna be playable or be a support character, i know he's not much of a fighter but i could see guts have an ability to summon puck on the battlefield where he would blind the enemies (stunning them) and helping guts that way. hopefully they will have mounted battles as well, horses shouldn't be too hard to implement and it would only make the large scale battles more true to the manga.

Reminds me of thief and later elf helper from Dragon Crown, albeit they support you in different way. I think mounted battles are a given. Now imagine if we could fight Boscogn.

Feeblecursedone said:
Reminds me of thief and later elf helper from Dragon Crown, albeit they support you in different way. I think mounted battles are a given. Now imagine if we could fight Boscogn.

i definitely think we will get to fight him, if you ever played fist of the north start ken's rage 2, you'd know that there are alot of boss battles in that game, ones that revolve around lesser insignificant characters as well as major ones. they made you fight people who are complete fodder, just going by that, i highly doubt they'll skip someone as cool and strong as Boscogn :badbone:

R

Resonance

Eluvei said:

This looks visually impressive, very curious to see whether or not the visuals will be enhanced in the final product. The hype really only keeps increasing for this game.

Aulë

Studying Electrical engineering.
Resonance said:
The hype really only keeps increasing for this game.

Yes the more screenshots they publish the more I wanna play.

Does anybody know if there will be co-op mode or online?

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Aulë said:
Does anybody know if there will be co-op mode or online?

Unless I missed something, every single DW game has had local and online co-op. So Hopefully they include that in this game. It would be great to tear up the battle field with some SK players!

Uh....so why aren't these guys making the anime again? (no, I'm serious, even if it's videogame graphics this looks SOOOO much better, and I don't even care if they'd skip stuff, cause at the very least it looks like the material they ARE featuring actually could be faithful to the manga, that's my impression anyway, might be wrong...)

Anyway I just gotta express how nice it is to actually see something positive from Berserk for once (besides the manga itself). Lifts your spirits a bit, especially after reading about the upcoming anime in the other thread, so depressing.

On a sidenote, not that I was expecting anything else but Im not really a big fan of the whole thing where Guts rams the DS into the ground and all the trolls within about a 30 feet radius goes flying, that seems more like a move a magic user would do with their wand or something... But that's just nitpicking I guess... Gotta keep low expectations now....low expectations....low expectations...

Edit: also, a possible explanation as to why Guts doesn't have the white patch of hair as he wears the berserker armor could be because you might be able to play as different versions of Guts at different stages, it feels like a thing that would be possible in a DW game (who knows, you might even be able to customize your character in some ways, really just throwing it out there though...

Delta Phi said:
Unless I missed something, every single DW game has had local and online co-op. So Hopefully they include that in this game. It would be great to tear up the battle field with some SK players!

How sick would that be!!

D

Dragon Warrior

This game has much better designs that the movies and the new anime (sadly)

Well, I hope the playable characters other than Guts and Griffith will be

- Skull Knight
- Zodd
- Casca
- Farnese
- Serpico
- Azan
- Isidro
and the other members of Band of the Falcon if it's possible. I also hope they focus on Guts costume. For example in The Golden Age they make his design different than Black Swordsman and the others.

D

Dragon Warrior

They said before in twitter they are not planning to release a collectors edition version

some new dlc costumes were announced on twitter

https://twitter.com/berserk_musou/status/749797214386479104

all of them are trash except the pirate schierke one.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Here's the full list of purchase bonuses (via Gematsu):

• Gamecity Online Shopping – Schierke (Pirate Scrawl Face Ver.) Costume Download Code
• Amazon.co.jp – Schierke (Pirate Scrawl Face Ver.) Costume Download Code
• Geo – Guts (White Swordman Ver.) Costume Download Code
• Tsutaya – Griffith (Golden Falcon Ver.) Costume Download Code
• WonderGOO – Griffith (Golden Falcon Ver.) Costume Download Code
• Loppi / HMV – Schierke (Blue Strip Shirt Ver.) Costume Download Code
• Animate – Dragonslayer Key Chain
• Amiami – Set of three acrylic key chain (Beherit)
• Imagine – Large cloth poster of key visual (A1-size)
• Ebten – “Band of the Hawk” microfiber cloth
• Gamerz – Multicloth (Guts, Griffith)
• Game Shop Takarajima – Microfiber cloth (Wyald)
• COMG – Geocard with key visual
• Thetashop – Geocard with Guts, Griffith, and Zodd
• 7-Net Shopping – Digital wallpaper with Guts, Griffith, and Casca
• Tora no Ana – Mug with Guts, Griffith, and Casca
• Trader – Set of two Acrylic key chains with Beherit and Dragonslayer
• Neowing – Acyrlic key chain with Guts
• Fammy’s – IC card sticker with Berserker
• Futaba Books – Clear file with key visual
• Furuhon Ichiba / Furuhon Ichiba Online – PC wallpaper of key visual

A lot of these are just for Japanese stores and not relevant for many of you guys. As for costumes, usually Musou costumes are bundled together in a DLC package for Western release. They are usually around $10-$12. Hoping we see many more!

Ken said:
some new dlc costumes were announced on twitter

https://twitter.com/berserk_musou/status/749797214386479104

all of them are trash except the pirate schierke one.

I like the white swordsman costume. It reminds me of Diablo 2 where an item's color would leak onto other things like the character's hair or skin. It looks like Guts is wearing most of the Sigon's Complete Steel set.

Feeblecursedone

None of it its worth any money. Micro dlc's like costumes are the bane of gaming. Charging for individual character is already pushing it, something Disgaea is quite good( read bad ) at. So I hope they wont have way too much of these 0.99/1 $ DLC's.

Imperator Hanseatic

Ultimately just a crippled neet who loves Berserk.
Feeblecursedone said:
None of it its worth any money. Micro dlc's like costumes are the bane of gaming.

That's a bit harsh. As long as they're cheaply priced (sometimes free!) it really makes no impact. Anyway, looks like these costumes are incentives for purchasing from specific retailers. Is there really anything wrong with that?

As for the bane of gaming, I'd say that'd be "pay to win" style dlc but I digress.

Feeblecursedone

If they're free, its fine, then its a personal choice, but when you have dozen of such micro-transaction dlc's for 1.99/2.99 that could have been a game unlockable like in the good old times, then it becomes a problem. A lot of DLC's like these are already coded into the game, and you dont have the access to them until you pay for it.

Check out Disgaea on psn and you'll see what Im talking about. I doubt they'll have hundreds of such DLC's for Berserk but its still a pain in the ass.

I wish they had an option to unlock additional costumes through playing the game like with Resident Evil series.

Top Bottom