Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
In an open ground, Silat would just dance around his attacks, just like he did when he faced Valancia.

Yeah, but you don't know that. Boscogn is not Valancia, he's for sure stronger and more skilled. Valancia was a one time appear character where as Boscogn was an established Tudor General.

I mean this is rather silly. We simply have no idea how it would end up. But it certainly wouldn't end up in a floor wipe as you made it out to be. This isn't a shounen battle.

Boscone is dead. Silat isn't. That's all there is to it

Because the story demanded it. Boscogn was a minor character in comparison to Silat.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nothingwillbewong said:
I always thought during that one year of training he went from BEAST to BEAST+1

He became much stronger. The fact he could handle Silat is actually a proof of that.

Feeblecursedone said:
Yeah, but you don't know that. Boscogn is not Valancia, he's for sure stronger and more skilled. Valancia was a one time appear character where as Boscogn was an established Tudor General.

Sure I don't know that. But I know that Boscone died even though Guts' sword broke, and that Silat lived even though he fought a much stronger Guts who had trained hard for a year. The same Guts who then killed an apostle. Not many people have survived a fight against Guts. That aside, you say Valancia was a "one time appear", but it's not like Boscone had a recurring role himself. He was also, as you say below, a relatively minor character. So sure, Boscone was strong, stronger than Valancia without a doubt. He was the toughest human Guts had faced back then. But that was then. That year of hard training made a big difference, as is made evident in the manga. Then there's the way the characters are set up. Boscone is a heavy hitter; he strikes fast and hard. That's it. Silat is agile, inventive, adaptable, and he moves as well as strikes fast. That makes me believe he would dominate such a fight.

Feeblecursedone said:
I mean this is rather silly. We simply have no idea how it would end up. But it certainly wouldn't end up in a floor wipe as you made it out to be.

Oh it's silly indeed. The very fact you asked who would win is silly, because it'll never happen and doesn't matter. But you did, so here we are. I say Silat would wipe the floor with him, just like he did with Valancia. I laid out my arguments. That's it.

Feeblecursedone said:
Because the story demanded it. Boscogn was a minor character in comparison to Silat.

Sure. But I don't believe that supports your argument. If Miura had wanted to, he could have had Boscone survive. The way the story is told should reflect on how we perceive the characters.

Feeblecursedone

Oh it's silly indeed. The very fact you asked who would win is silly, because it'll never happen and doesn't matter. But you did, so here we are. I say Silat would wipe the floor with him, just like he did with Valancia. I laid out my arguments. That's it

Well, that's fine, you have a right on opinion. You say Silat would wipe the floor with him, I say it would be a close battle. Its all fine :slan: We'll have to agree to disagree.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Tons of new screenshots: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/07/06/berserk-for-ps4ps3ps-vitapc-gets-new-screenshots-on-famitsu-shows-casca-judeau-and-more/

No new scenarios or characters shown here, but we get more shots of Judo and Casca in action.

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
This screenshot though. :ubik:

UzemtVk.jpg

same screenshots walter posted but higher quality

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/07/07/berserk-for-ps4ps3ps-vitapc-gets-brutal-direct-feed-screenshots-showing-casca-judeau-and-more/

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
High resolution look at the game's cover: http://i.imgur.com/RnYgMtM.jpg

There are three different apostles, copied and pasted throughout the whole thing. :ganishka:

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
Not my site but shouldn´t SK get a separate Berserk Games thread one of these days? 3 games already exist and Omega Force will do a 2nd one, or a Complete Edition down the line. They always do. Even Dragon´s Dogma has official tie-ins.

I also watched heaps of Jimquisitions recently and he harped on about Musou endlessly, so yeah, i will get the Vita version, i guess. I need something to get the anime out of my mind and the fall EU release convinced me, even if i am a curmudgeon games snob. Jim on Dynasty Warriors´ qualities (Vol.2): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7mavL0uKmI
I wonder how the US voice acting is going to be, in all sorts of ways. The publisher(s) could technically use the existing film / tv cast and fill a few empty chairs on the own, but Musou is infamous for their VA decisions. Not that i will use the US voices.
Edit: Yes Aaz, the other way.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
residentgrigo said:
Not my site but shouldn´t SK get a separate Berserk Games thread one of these days? 3 games already exist and Omega Force will do a 2nd one, or a Complete Edition down the line. They always do. Even Dragon´s Dogma has official tie-ins.

It is not presently necessary to create a new category specifically for games. Seperate threads are sufficient.

Gummyskull said:
Agreed. It's gross. Why not have her fighting since she is a playable character?

I agree, it's something I haven't been fond of with the new anime either. I realize that these moments are important for Casca's story development, but it seems like both of these never show how capable of a fighter she is, or as someone who isn't always vulnerable.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Be still, my beating heart! I mean, I didn't have any doubts that Serpico would be included, but I'm excited to finally see him (and the sylph gear)!

Playing as Serpico and Schierke is going to be cool as hell! Stoked for Serpico since his character is completely my play style.

I'm pretty intrigued by the levels of devastation Schierke might be able to cause too.

Feeblecursedone

Aazealh said:
I'm surprised (and happy!) to see they have a stage on the beach with the Pishacha.

Yeah, pishacha were cool.

I'm still waiting to see Silat confirmed as playable.

Top Bottom