Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Jesus, as far as the battle of Vritannis? If they go as far as 'Shiva' my mind will explode.

Not the biggest fan of Musou games but they're doing a pretty damn solid job at making me excited for this.

D

Dragon Warrior

I like Musou games especially Samurai Warriors and Dynasty Warriors. Even tho, I never tho KOEI (the company) will make a great job ''so far''

I liked everything i have seen about this game so far. Guts can transform into his wolf form in the gameplay depend on what someone translated the Japanese artical, Zodd also can transform as well.

I also like how Guts has three different versions.
-Golden Age
-Black Swordsman
-Berserk Armor

I know KOEI very well for awhile, and I think this is the best work I've ever seen so far.

They're including the human bullet sequence? Okay, it seems that we are either going to watch it in the form of a cutscene or we will get to play out these events. Such as controlling Zodd and make him through the air avoiding numerous lightning bolts etc. The former is a lot more likely but I am still suprised by it either way. Interesting.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dragon Warrior said:
I meant with that his 'Berserk mode''

It looks like a wolf so yeah lol :p

Unless you've seen wolves that look like that, probably safer to stick with what it's called in the manga: a Beast.

Some HQ screenshots and renders of the latest scans here.

OtqFK9R.jpg

Ih7SQEL.jpg

rm14fda.jpg

D

Dragon Warrior

Walter said:
Unless you've seen wolves that look like that, probably safer to stick with what it's called in the manga: a Beast.

Yeah ''beast'' is a better phrase to call it.
Well, I only said it's a wolf because in the PS2 game Guts in Berserk mode makes Wolf sounds. Not sure if you played that game or not. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dragon Warrior said:
Yeah ''beast'' is a better phrase to call it.
Well, I only said it's a wolf because in the PS2 game Guts in Berserk mode makes Wolf sounds. Not sure if you played that game or not. :guts:

I've played it, and I don't think you should take a sound effect as being of much importance. Isidro is voiced by a 40-year old Japanese guy in that game, but it doesn't change how I perceive his character.

Even that nonsense aside, a "wolf" just doesn't encompass the different features the Beast has assumed over the years.

D

Dragon Warrior

Yea right.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue either the beast is a wolf or not.I was just saying Guts can transform into his Berserk mode.
Not sure why that bothered you a lot. If it did i'm sorry
Also, voice acting has nothing to do with ''beast sound effects''. it completely a different story.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dragon Warrior said:
Yea right.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue either the beast is a wolf or not.I was just saying Guts can transform into his Berserk mode.
Not sure why that bothered you a lot. If it did i'm sorry
Also, voice acting has nothing to do with ''beast sound effects''. it completely a different story.

Your usage of it wasn't particularly offensive to me. I just tend to correct people on that stuff whenever I see it. I've seen people go as far as calling Guts a "Dog Warrior" and that his armor is his "Wolf Form." So... hopefully you'll see why that kind of thinking is problematic.

So supposedly the moment where Guts and Zodd team up against Ganishka is in the game. AWWW YEAH. :ubik:

Now all that's left is Rakshas and Silat and I'm happy.

Eluvei said:
Some HQ screenshots and renders of the latest scans here.

MAN! They're spoiling us with visuals here! I know theres a lot of stuff that can still go wrong (and if the new anime has taught me anything its to REALLY lower my expectations) but at the very least it seems they've got the LOOK right, worst case scenario we could probably just mute the damn thing :iva:

D

Dragon Warrior

I'm pretty sure this will be the best Berserk game ever.

I played both Berserk games the dreamcast and PS2, and I'm pretty sure this will be the best.

The only thing I wish to happen now Susumu Hirasawa makes a song for this game. Just like how he made for the both previous ones. SIGN, SIGN 2, Forces 2 and Indra.

Looking forward a new gameplay trailer.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dragon Warrior said:
I'm pretty sure this will be the best Berserk game ever.

I played both Berserk games the dreamcast and PS2, and I'm pretty sure this will be the best.

It's going to be really hard to top how cool the Dreamcast was in 1999, for the simple fact it had an original story from Miura (plus amazing graphics). That being said, if they can change the Musou formula deeply enough to adapt it to Berserk, it'll be super fun to play.

D

Dragon Warrior

Koei Tecmo’s Berserk details Zodd, transformations
Here are the sources, and the information:
1- http://gematsu.com/2016/08/koei-tecmo-berserk-details-zodd-transformations
2- http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/04/berserk-shares-closer-look-nosferatu-zodd-details-transformation-system/

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dragon Warrior said:
Koei Tecmo’s Berserk details Zodd, transformations
Here are the sources, and the information:
1- http://gematsu.com/2016/08/koei-tecmo-berserk-details-zodd-transformations
2- http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/04/berserk-shares-closer-look-nosferatu-zodd-details-transformation-system/

:ganishka: Transforming allows more powerful attacks! Got it.

DANGERDOOOOM said:
Playing each member of the God Hand would be pretty awesome too

X- Black hole clench everything on screen
Triangle- Transform to incomprehensible size
Square- Deflect all attacks with space rift
Circle - create alternate dimension based on sephira

:ubik:

Looks fun. Sounds great that we're getting a black swordsman arc in here. I wonder how many characters we'll have by the end? Dynasty Warriors often had two dozen or so. Silat would be great, as would the new or the old Hawks. Or even the Tudor Generals.

Kinda doubting we'll get Shiva though. :guts:

D

Dragon Warrior

I don't think Berserk will have dozen of characters like Dynasty Warriors. Because KOEI also made Attack on Titans, First of The North Star and One Piece games.

They didn't have dozen of characters, they were about 10 to 12. They even made ZELDA into Warriors games and had like 11 character, then they added 6 more characters as DLC.
You can see select screen here

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzTB1Dl88bfcY1h

I don't think Berserk will have dozen. it will be the same as those games I mentioned above. It's actually better to have less characters to have very good and enjoyable movesets. and good story telling too.

So, I think we will have God Hand members as playable but not now, perhaps they will add them later as DLC. Maybe only Femto in the beginning.

I can guarantee you that God hand won't be playable, and dlc characters are pretty rare in musou games... Griffith might have a femto transformation since he has two different versions.

Top Bottom