Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

D

Dragon Warrior

mTUXSEuh.jpg

I wonder if they will make us playing with Guts without armor first before getting berserk armor since Slan broke Guts old armor
Also this
oaUM0Yuh.jpg

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Dragon Warrior said:
I wonder if they will make us playing with Guts without armor first before getting berserk armor since Slan broke Guts old armor

Doesn't look to be the case in this game. He's wearing his classic Black Swordsman getup.

Though this game looks to be like other musou games, by which the player is able to customize their character with certain costumes. It's possible that he is wearing the Black Swordsman armor because whoever was playing happened to choose it for this fight and screenshot. If you were to play the original story mode, I would hope they'd have him without his armor during this point in the game.

We shall see...

*EDIT*

Oops! He's wearing the Berserker armor. Which means there is a chance I guess.

D

Dragon Warrior

[big]Here is an Interview with the Producer Hisashi Koinuma, about the game Berserk:[/big]
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/24/berserk-producer-staying-true-brutal-source-material/

[big]Here is a news about Berserk:[/big]
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/koei-tecmo-berserk-details-wyald-boss-characters

So they won't add Fantasia arc. I saw that coming for awhile. Even if that arc is one of the most arcs that i really enjoyed reading it in the manga :sad:

But it looks like they are saving it for a 2nd sequel

DANGERDOOOOM

Mangetsu said:
Casca Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsgeN4vnpGk
Judeau Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-r1lbxjRiI

Awesome. Their gameplay looks smooth.

They have to at least add Skull Knight in the roster :SK:

If the gameplay is as boring and monotonous as other musou games, the fact that there is no diversity in casca's and judeau's attacks (just slashing and throwing knifes) will drain the enjoyment of the gameplay completely.
I'll still play it though, cause I am a sucker for Berserk, and I'll enjoy it, akin to playing with a Guts action figure.

Nothingwillbewong said:
If the gameplay is as boring and monotonous as other musou games, the fact that there is no diversity in casca's and judeau's attacks (just slashing and throwing knifes) will drain the enjoyment of the gameplay completely.
I'll still play it though, cause I am a sucker for Berserk, and I'll enjoy it, akin to playing with a Guts action figure.

I second this opinion. Nothing the series has put out intrigued me in the least, but slap Berserk skin on with some cutscenes and here we go!

D

Dragon Warrior

Casca moveset look ok to me. But they need to nerf the range.For example here she made that kick and the soliders in the left and the right ones got effected by that kick even if Casca didn't even touch them. But the range is just wide for a kick. It isn't a sword it's a kick so it shouldn't be like this.
w-euaW.gif

And these flying helmets. I think they are actually supposed to be ''heads'' and not helmets in the western version since it will have more gore than the Japanese one.

DANGERDOOOOM

Dragon Warrior said:

What in the hell happened to the soldier directly behind Casca at the end of this GIF? Was that supposed to be Casca hitting his hit box?? He kinda just floats away into oblivion lol

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DANGERDOOOOM said:
What in the hell happened to the soldier directly behind Casca at the end of this GIF? Was that supposed to be Casca hitting his hit box?? He kinda just floats away into oblivion lol
MUSOU'D!

I noticed that during the video and thought it was pretty funny.

I really like the soundtracks in these trailers but they're gonna get looped enough in-game to make me him 'em. I want the silat gameplay, he better have some sick animations while he's moving and attacking :puck: and he better have a special where the tapasa jump in and beat the shit out of everyone

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Walter said:
MUSOU'D!

I noticed that during the video and thought it was pretty funny.

Musou tech at its best! :guts:

In all seriousness, I really like the look of this. My biggest concern is the character roster. We've got a BIG group of awesome, diverse fighters in the Berserk universe. So far, as far as I can tell, we can play as Guts, Casca, Judo, Wyald, Griffith, Zodd, Shierke, and Serpico. There are some real gems missing!

I'm curious who you guys would want to see added.

DANGERDOOOOM

Kaladin said:
he better have a special where the tapasa jump in and beat the shit out of everyone

I'm putting money down on that! That would be sick. Or if his special were to be that crazy (thunder?) whip he used when fighting Guts during the raid of the Hawks camp. Can't remember what it was called. Either one would be awesome.

DANGERDOOOOM said:
I'm putting money down on that! That would be sick. Or if his special were to be that crazy (thunder?) whip he used when fighting Guts during the raid of the Hawks camp. Can't remember what it was called. Either one would be awesome.

It's called the Urumi and i think we'll definitely see it. It's probably going to be one of the main weapons and not even a special, it works perfectly in a musou game, chakram spam is gonna a thing too

DANGERDOOOOM

Kaladin said:
It's called the Urumi and i think we'll definitely see it. It's probably going to be one of the main weapons and not even a special, it works perfectly in a musou game, chakram spam is gonna a thing too

Thank you for the correction :serpico:

DANGERDOOOOM said:
Thank you for the correction :serpico:

you weren't exactly wrong :ganishka: when they're first introduced Silat calls it "Urumi" and goes on saying that it means thunder.

I wonder if they're going to include to include the Bakiraka that came before the black dog knights, just as a mini boss or something, i don't expect them to be fully playable.

DANGERDOOOOM

Kaladin said:
I wonder if they're going to include to include the Bakiraka that came before the black dog knights, just as a mini boss or something, i don't expect them to be fully playable.

Yeah.. I'd say that's pushing it a bit. The fight would be too cramped since they're in a sewer. You'd be hitting the walls 90% of the time playing Guts. CLANG CLANG CLANG

TripleJMaster3 said:
Since I have never played any of these games I will reserve my pre-release judgement although I certainly see how it could end up being redundant. However, I was wondering if anyone here can tell me if there is any sort of challenge to these games. I would hate to effortlessly smash on Apostles and hordes of enemies without any sort of difficulty. I usually have to tune new games up to the highest level to get any sort of joy out of playing so if this is going to be a simple button masher ala God of War I will probably lose interest quickly, outside of the novelty of seeing the badass characters.

Exactly what both DANGERDOOOOM and Aazealh posted. It's not about the "difficulty" per say but the carrot that's going to keep you going is leveling up to kill enemies that you could kill before faster, to beat stages faster, to play in a difficulty that you could not play before, etc. you're basically one up'ing yourself and the depth comes from the different play styles and moves that the characters offer.

In a devil may cry game the thing that's most important is your execution, while in these games it's the least important although it still matters. I think that Sengoku Basara and One piece warriors 3 are one of the best musou games because they're not brain dead and have some executional gameplay depth to them. I think Berserk will offer cancel your animations with grenades/arrows or a dash, which gives the shallow gameplay SOME depth unlike traditional Dynasty Warrior games.

But yea, basically it all comes down to doing what you did before, but more effecient, basically mopping the floor against the AI so hard that you feel like a God cuz it's almost game breaking.

Ughh im so hyped!

D

Dragon Warrior

I think that Sengoku Basara and One piece warriors 3 are one of the best musou games

Even if Sengoku Basara isn't a Musou game. It's made by Capcom not KOEI. About One Piece, yeah it's considered as Musou since it's made by Koei

I get what you mean tho.

Dragon Warrior said:
Even if Sengoku Basara isn't a Musou game. It's made by Capcom not KOEI. About One Piece, yeah it's considered as Musou since it's made by Koei

I get what you mean tho.

No of course, but it still falls into the musou genre, just like that NIS bleach game, a new FATE STAY NIGHT game, and other obscure games. 1 vs 1000+ = musou genre. While Koei has stepped up their game (no pun intended) with their gameplay mechanics, Sengoku Basara really outshines everything that they do IMO. I love how Sengoku Basara has these niche things that each character can exploit like roll cancelling being effective with some characters and each character have these very nuanced "secrets" that aren't really explained and as a community you have to figure out. I also like the idea of being able to have moves readily available and no penalty in using them if you want to use them in succession, versus having to hit square 4x and then triangle.

I think a Berserk musou game with Sengoku Basara would be even more hype, but Koei will do fine.

D

Dragon Warrior

Capcom is easily far better than Koei on making hack and slah gameplay (which is why I wanted them to make a Berserk game since a long time).

D

Dragon Warrior

Honestly, I like her movesets. They are pretty great for a musou game. I never seen good magic movesets like this in a Musou game!

Top Bottom