Author Topic: Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)  (Read 65189 times)

Offline Squiddot

• Of the Interstice
  • The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
Re: Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)
« Reply #400 on: September 12, 2016, 06:36:25 AM »
Wow that transition cutscene is 'blink and you miss it'. I would have liked a bit more attention and love put into the metal plates sliding out of armour and locking around Guts face. The beserker growls are also totally different to how I imagined it. But I agree those are some killer animations. They've really captured the feel of the character and it looks like it'll be excellent gameplay, and that's what counts.

Offline DANGERDOOOOM

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
  • "He was a strange man. Somehow inhuman..."
« Reply #401 on: September 12, 2016, 08:31:27 PM »
Nice. I like his movement and how it shows Guts hopping around at sonic speed. His special attack though I feel they tried to go over the top, but made it look pretty ridiculous. Can't really recall an instance where Guts abandoned his sword to take out his enemies by hand :???:

The beserker growls are also totally different to how I imagined it.

I believe they added more of an actual wolf howl in the J-PS2 game, which I really liked. This one though feels more right how they have his voice, combined with a dull ambient roar. I hear slight barking as well :beast:

They've really captured the feel of the character and it looks like it'll be excellent gameplay, and that's what counts.

Couldn't agree with you more
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 08:50:06 PM by DANGERDOOOOM »

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #402 on: September 12, 2016, 09:21:41 PM »
Nice. I like his movement and how it shows Guts hopping around at sonic speed. His special attack though I feel they tried to go over the top, but made it look pretty ridiculous. Can't really recall an instance where Guts abandoned his sword to take out his enemies by hand :???:

I think it's pretty poorly done all in all. The transformation sucks, Guts moves around TOO fast, removing any sense of "weight", and yeah, of course, it's ridiculous that he'd go hit enemies barehanded.

I believe they added more of an actual wolf howl in the J-PS2 game, which I really liked.

That never made any sense though. Guts doesn't howl like a wolf when he transforms. As a matter of fact, the Beast of Darkness isn't a wolf.

Offline DANGERDOOOOM

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #403 on: September 13, 2016, 01:32:07 PM »
That never made any sense though. Guts doesn't howl like a wolf when he transforms. As a matter of fact, the Beast of Darkness isn't a wolf.
I guess they were just using the wolf sound as metaphor for Guts' wild nature when he goes berserk.

Is the correct term for the Beast of Darkness a hound rather than wolf? Or is it just defined as a wild beast.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #404 on: September 13, 2016, 01:54:07 PM »
I guess they were just using the wolf sound as metaphor for Guts' wild nature when he goes berserk.

Is the correct term for the Beast of Darkness a hound rather than wolf? Or is it just defined as a wild beast.

The Beast of Darkness is an allegory to begin with. It represents Guts' dark feelings (anger, guilt, fear, sorrow, etc.) that are the result of the psychological trauma he received during the Eclipse. It is not a wolf, not a hound (it looks nothing like either of these), nor any other kind of real animal. That is why its name is the "Beast of Darkness", because it's a fictional, nonexistent "beast", even within Berserk's world.

Offline Wholf

• Of the World
  • Plague Doctor
« Reply #405 on: September 13, 2016, 03:46:34 PM »
Wow that transition cutscene is 'blink and you miss it'. I would have liked a bit more attention and love put into the metal plates sliding out of armour and locking around Guts face.

I can imagine that this will be seen in a cutscene during Guts' first transformation. But would you really want to see this animation every time you go into beast mode during gameplay?

Offline Eluvei

« Reply #406 on: September 13, 2016, 04:27:50 PM »
I'm not impressed by any of these gameplay videos, I think it's just not for me. I like this game better in screenshot form, preferably in 720p.

Offline Delta Phi

• Sylph Sword
  • Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
  • Grail Serpico!
« Reply #407 on: September 13, 2016, 06:08:48 PM »
I can imagine that this will be seen in a cutscene during Guts' first transformation. But would you really want to see this animation every time you go into beast mode during gameplay?

Yes. Of course, I'm that guy that, still to this day, enjoys watching the full summon animations in Final Fantasy games.

Offline DANGERDOOOOM

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #408 on: September 13, 2016, 06:16:14 PM »
The Beast of Darkness is an allegory to begin with. It represents Guts' dark feelings (anger, guilt, fear, sorrow, etc.)

I understood for a while that it's all psychological and the Beast isn't anything physical. I've just heard so many people call the Beast of Darkness a wolf or hound I started to say it myself.

Thanks Aaz for the explanation & correction.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #409 on: September 13, 2016, 07:02:26 PM »
I understood for a while that it's all psychological and the Beast isn't anything physical. I've just heard so many people call the Beast of Darkness a wolf or hound I started to say it myself.

Thanks Aaz for the explanation & correction.

No problem. Unfortunately people tend to be sloppy and take shortcuts, and over time things slowly degrade until one day the "Skull Knight" becomes the "Undead Cavalier". The best way to avoid such mistakes is usually to stick to the manga and to official translations, even if 30 people say otherwise. It's a bit like the scientific method in a way: always stick to facts backed by evidence. And here, all the evidence is in the volumes. :guts:

Offline Hitoshura

« Reply #410 on: September 15, 2016, 01:26:31 AM »
Tokyo Game Show 2016 trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoZLBrpSjqA
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will" - Hitoshura

Offline Nothingwillbewong

« Reply #411 on: September 15, 2016, 06:37:30 AM »
This one has a lot more stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GREzfETwRbA

Offline Hitoshura

« Reply #412 on: September 15, 2016, 07:18:13 AM »

Welp, that dumb localized title has now been confirmed.

And they spelled Skull Knight's name wrong.

The game comes out on February 21 in North America and February 24 in Europe.
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/berserk-band-hawk-launches-february-21-north-america-february-24-europe
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will" - Hitoshura

Offline Squiddot

• Of the Interstice
« Reply #413 on: September 15, 2016, 10:20:29 AM »
Things slowly degrade until one day the "Skull Knight" becomes the "Undead Cavalier".

And they spelled Skull Knight's name wrong.

Well then...

Offline IcePuck

« Reply #414 on: September 15, 2016, 10:48:37 AM »
Not "Knight of Skeleton"? Blasphemy!

Offline Hitoshura

« Reply #415 on: September 15, 2016, 11:16:29 AM »
"The Dragon Killer"
https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/776233154294059008

7 minute stream quality demo from Tokyo Game Show 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjzFOG4h2Sk

Offline Delta Phi

• Sylph Sword
  • Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
  • Grail Serpico!
« Reply #416 on: September 15, 2016, 01:28:16 PM »
Well, I have to say I much prefer Skeleton Knight over Knight of Skeleton. Title still sucks. Feb is a lot farther out than I expected. :puck: I may consider importing

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #417 on: September 15, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »
Welp, that dumb localized title has now been confirmed.

Splendid. Can't wait to see what else they've cooked up.

Well, I have to say I much prefer Skeleton Knight over Knight of Skeleton.

It's garbage either way. At least "Knight of Skeleton" is such broken English that people can hardly think it's correct. Here it's more insidious.

Offline DANGERDOOOOM

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #418 on: September 15, 2016, 08:13:52 PM »
I have to say, these cut-scenes look unbelievable. As in beautiful :judo:. After witnessing Berserk 2016, my eyes are overwhelmed with joy.

I'm anticipating this game even more. February can't come any sooner.

"The Dragon Killer"

Hopefully we don't see it translated to "The Killer of Dragons" in the English release

Offline The Beast of Darkness

« Reply #419 on: September 15, 2016, 10:14:57 PM »
"Berserk AND the Band of Hawk" I wonder how they even came up with that title... It make no sense...

Offline Eluvei

« Reply #420 on: September 15, 2016, 10:30:23 PM »
"Berserk AND the Band of Hawk" I wonder how they even came up with that title... It make no sense...

I think it's so people will know it's different from the older games, where we could only control Berserk. Now we can control him and the Band of the Hawk, like Casca, Judeau and Wyald.

Offline Hitoshura

« Reply #421 on: September 16, 2016, 09:20:35 AM »
More gameplay footage from Tokyo Game Show.

Direct feed quality of The Enoch Village without commentary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkFB1bLQGec

Tutorial / beginning of game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJR08dUDvRo

Zodd gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eioctjjr79U

The game will have a total of 40 characters. Both playable and non-playable.

Hopefully we don't see it translated to "The Killer of Dragons" in the English release
https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/776433035327614976
Turns out it was a typo. Now if only they correct the title and Skull Knight.

Offline DraceYun

« Reply #422 on: September 16, 2016, 10:32:42 AM »
Zodd is sluggish in movement, but his apostle form looks very fun. It appears that the characters have a set of unique cooldown attacks, eg Guts cannon and Zodd stomp.

I played the older DWs (2-5) when I was younger w/ my bro on Co-op, fun times. The games are legit challenging on the "extreme" difficulties where bosses can easily 2-shot you and grunts are actually scary. This difficulty was also a requirement in order to acquire the final weapons and the rarest of equipment. It's been like that for all of the games I've played (not sure about DW6+s), and I hope something to that effect is in Berserk Musou. Default difficulty is mindless and can get old fast.

Offline Salem

« Reply #423 on: September 16, 2016, 12:14:18 PM »
Why, in all of these videos, do the enemies appear to just stand around?  For anyone familiar with these games, is this a thing?  I want to feel powerful as Guts, but not untouchable.

Offline Squiddot

• Of the Interstice
« Reply #424 on: September 16, 2016, 12:25:47 PM »
The game will have a total of 40 characters. Both playable and non-playable.

Wow, That's an impressive number! Definitely getting a broad range of characters in that pool.