Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

They're really reaching trying to make canon scantily clad Casca costumes, just bite the bullet and make Slan or Rosine playable if they care about nudity so much. I like the Schierke golem costume , but they're outright teasing us with that beast horse :badbone:. They will probably make Skull Knight a DLC character.

:ganishka: that golem costume is the best one so far, they need to do more things like that. those horses look silly as hell :ganishka:. if sk was playable imagine the skins he'd have, come on koei :rickert:

That red horse is "Red Hare" from Dynasty Warriors. It's Lu Bu's horse. Idk why is he in the game tho

And the other one is Keiji's horse from Samurai Warriors

The third one and the only original one is Berserker horse.

Btw i dont really see it good move to add Lu Bu's horse

Kaladin said:
if sk was playable imagine the skins he'd have, come on koei :rickert:

That's something I'm still curious about, has it been confirmed yet that the game will not have more than the 8 playable characters announced so far? (i.e. Guts, Griffith/Femto, Casca, Judeau, Wyald, Nosferatu Zodd, Schierke, and Serpico) Because it definitely seems odd that characters as important/popular as the Skull Knight wouldn't get playable character status while less well known characters like Wyald do.

Theozilla said:
That's something I'm still curious about, has it been confirmed yet that the game will not have more than the 8 playable characters announced so far? (i.e. Guts, Griffith/Femto, Casca, Judeau, Wyald, Nosferatu Zodd, Schierke, and Serpico) Because it definitely seems odd that characters as important/popular as the Skull Knight wouldn't get playable character status while less well known characters like Wyald do.

I believe they confirmed all the playable character so sk wont be playable. they cut characters on purpose, you're gonna have to wait for berserk musou 2. we might get some characters as dlc but usually the 2nd game has all that extra stuff

Kaladin said:
I believe they confirmed all the playable character so sk wont be playable. they cut characters on purpose, you're gonna have to wait for berserk musou 2. we might get some characters as dlc but usually the 2nd game has all that extra stuff

Huh, that's pretty odd, since don't most Musou games typically have 20+ playable characters in them?

Theozilla said:
Huh, that's pretty odd, since don't most Musou games typically have 20+ playable characters in them?

Yes they usually have more playable characters, however, they're notorious for having weak first games. Look at the rosters for anything but they're usual dynasty or samurai warrior games and the roster and the actual game isn't that impressive. For example, One piece warriors 1 was awful, they took a HUGE step in the right direction with the second iteration, with both gameplay and character roster.

At least Berserk seems like it has the gameplay, definitely not the roster. You can also tell they took shortcuts in the movesets and animations (serpico tornado and femto tornado). With all that being said, we all know most of the SK forum will get the game because it caters towards this audience, but hopefully it will do good enough to justify a second part which Koei would hopefully take a big step in the right direction, meaning expanded roster, different animations, and movesets.

I would like to see 1vs1 fight with Bazuso. It will be more like in manga, but it's Musou style so what we want is very different from what we actually get.

DANGERDOOOOM said:
At least their choice in music works. Or is this a recycled track from the films? Either way, this game looks enjoyable.
Original music... There maybe some remixes though... I don't think itll have any thing from Hirasawa though

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
VladimirPutin said:
I would like to see 1vs1 fight with Bazuso. It will be more like in manga, but it's Musou style so what we want is very different from what we actually get.

Yeah this has nothing to do with what actually happens in the manga. It's adult Guts fighting some random boss amongst 200 other soldiers. Musou with a Berserk skin basically.

Looks as bad as the Fist of the North Star games, all of the action and intensity of the boss fights dumbed down to two Charactera spamming attacks at each other until own dies.

MrFlibble said:
Looks as bad as the Fist of the North Star games, all of the action and intensity of the boss fights dumbed down to two Charactera spamming attacks at each other until own dies.

I disagree, the fights in the North Star musou games especially the 2nd game were really good for musou standards. The 2nd game followed the manga quite well, they even made the cutscenes into manga panels with nice transitions. The South Star and North Star styles were done very well, the bosses in those games usually have 3 phases, every time a 1/3 of the health goes down the fighter changes combos and at the end there is a nice execution followed by a manga cutscene. For musou standards, i think they did a really good with the Hokuto fights.

here is mozgus looking glorious somewhere in japan
CuYFETRUsAAYgz_.jpg

Kaladin said:
I disagree, the fights in the North Star musou games especially the 2nd game were really good for musou standards. The 2nd game followed the manga quite well, they even made the cutscenes into manga panels with nice transitions. The South Star and North Star styles were done very well, the bosses in those games usually have 3 phases, every time a 1/3 of the health goes down the fighter changes combos and at the end there is a nice execution followed by a manga cutscene. For musou standards, i think they did a really good with the Hokuto fights.

I also enjoyed the two Hokuto no Ken games, I thought they were better then the average musou, and I had more fun then the few Dynasty Warriors games I did play. I think for polish, Zelda: Warriors is still high up there but it does have the financial backing of Nintendo. I think my favorite outfit so far is Schierke's golem one, it's very cute! Not a fan of Casca's wardrobe so far.

Tama said:
I also enjoyed the two Hokuto no Ken games, I thought they were better then the average musou, and I had more fun then the few Dynasty Warriors games I did play. I think for polish, Zelda: Warriors is still high up there but it does have the financial backing of Nintendo. I think my favorite outfit so far is Schierke's golem one, it's very cute! Not a fan of Casca's wardrobe so far.

yeah in terms of polish, the zelda game and the dragon quest musou games are good too

persiandud said:
has anyone confirmed how far the story in this game goes?
We don't know. However, this trailer shows Guts riding a flying Zodd in Vritannis, so it'll go to the early parts of Volume 32 at least. And if I were to hazard a guess, that will likely be the last fight in the game.

Top Bottom