Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Opening cinematic for the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmKABMOhzRk

__Bonfire__ said:
That's pretty good. Do you have the scores of other musou such as Arslan or DQH to compare?

35/40 is in line with other recent Musou games. But it's not like Famitsu is a very reliable source for reviews anymore.

__Bonfire__ said:
That's pretty good. Do you have the scores of other musou such as Arslan or DQH to compare?
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 9/8/8/8 [33/40]
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 10/9/9/8 [36/40]
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 9/8/7/8 [32/40]
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 9/8/8/9 [34/40]
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 9/9/9/9 [36/10]
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 9/9/9/10 [37/40]
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (PS3) 10/9/9/9 [37/40] ; (PSV) 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn 10/9/8/9 [36/40]
Hyrule Warriors 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (PS4) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
Hyrule Warriors Legends 9/9/8/10 [36/40]
Berserk Musou 9/9/9/8 [35/40]

Dragon Quest Heroes 7/10/9/9 [35/40]
Dragon Quest Heroes II 10/10/9/10 [39/40]

Omega Force doesn't consider these games as part of the Musou franchise. DQH plays more like Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll than a Musou game.

:daiba:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:

I feel like these trailers are trying really hard to make me NOT buy the game. And they're close to succeeding.

that opening cinematic is trash.

a slightly closer look at the new illustrations, guts looks so tired :sad:
696073.jpg

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Woof. This opening made me feel I was watching a new episode of Berserk 2016.

Mangetsu said:
Let me top that

berserk_029_cs1w1_720x.jpg

berserk_028_cs1w1_720x.jpg

Wow these look great :ubik: Griffith looks a little like Locus to me in this drawing. Still looks amazing, though. Guts looks so exhausted and worn out. You truly see how much he's gone through the past few years. Beautiful artwork as always.

Does anyone know if they'll release a demo for this any time soon?

Walter said:

Well that was awkward and incoherent. And why does the clip start with Guts tumbling down form a tower like that? What a heroic entrance. :ganishka:

DANGERDOOOOM said:
Woof. This opening made me feel I was watching a new episode of Berserk 2016.

Pretty much. I can't decide which is worse. Probably this cinematic.

Those illustrations are great, I'm glad we keep getting a bunch of new Miura drawings as reward for enduring this miserable wave of Berserk products.

Aazealh said:
I feel like these trailers are trying really hard to make me NOT buy the game. And they're close to succeeding.

9BELUts.jpg

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
The Thief Lord??? Was the Snake Baron always called this?

The Grunbeld fight looks awesome. He's such a beast :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DANGERDOOOOM said:
The Thief Lord??? Was the Snake Baron always called this?

No, but Snake Baron itself is a name that fans generated for that character. He's not a baron, he's just an apostle who led a group of bandits, and held a town hostage. In the guidebook and other publications, he's the "Cobra Apostle."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
He did establish himself as a local lord though.

Yeah, to help himself line his stomach. The mayor was the ruler of the town. The apostle just waltzed in and as you say, established himself a base of operations there. The Count was a true ruler who also turned into an apostle. That doesn't seem to be the case with the "Cobra Apostle."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Yeah, to help himself line his stomach. The mayor was the ruler of the town. The apostle just waltzed in and as you say, established himself a base of operations there. The Count was a true ruler who also turned into an apostle. That doesn't seem to be the case with the "Cobra Apostle."

He wasn't a noble appointed by the king before becoming an apostle, that's for sure. He probably came around while leading a band of marauders and conquered Koka castle, after which he took over dominion of the surrounding lands. But he's still ruling over them in a castle and dressing up all fancy. The mayor administers the town, but he reports to the apostle and submits to him both in speech and in attitude. The word he calls him by, "首領" (leader), is actually how people refer to Kim-Jong Un in North Korea. So I agree that "Cobra apostle" (or even simply "Snake apostle") are appropriate denominations, but he was objectively ruling those lands.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Pre-orders are not worth it. It costs $15-20 more for no reason. The skins are so expensive in Japan -- I will wait for the inevitable DLC.

Demon Knight said:
More boss fights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJPc3ukkPCI

Um... did they go with my pink Grunbeld coloring from years ago?!

Top Bottom