Skully wants to play too.
Update: So I just finished playing it for about 2 hours. I didn't keep up with all the previews/reviews about the game, so this was a pretty new, going-in-blind experience for me. Wasn't sure quite to expect. But my initial impressions are generally favorable! In a nutshell:
- I liked this game more than Hyrule Warriors, by a long shot. Reason is, the game had an actual story. And I'll use spoiler tags in case people are sensitive to this. The game starts off at the eclipse (which is strange), and Guts has his Berserker Armor already, but this scene/level is really more like the tutorial part. After which, it starts where the anime trilogy started. A castle siege and then eventually Bazuso. After which, the encounter with the Band, Carcus, Casca, Griffith and so forth.
The story elements as well as the cut scenes really flowed well! The cut scenes fit right in with this game.
- The musou genre totally fits with Berserk! I mean that might be a Captain Obvious statement, but really there are SO MANY enemies on screen at once, sometimes you even lose track of where your character is. This is actually a really cool thing. You get that sense of being overwhelmed and surrounded. And man oh man, as the game goes on you learn more special moves, and MY GOODNESS some of them are so vicious. I found myself reallllly enjoying these attacks. They were so satisfying to pull off. It was pretty awesome!
- This is probably common knowledge, but they reused scenes from the anime trilogy in the game and what's kinda cool about it is that they've replaced the original movie soundtrack with their own soundtrack, and seriously some of the new music pieces are better than the movie pieces. Sometimes in the trilogy, the music was too overbearing or in your face. The game soundtrack is much more subtle and I feel like fits the mood more accurately. I am pleasantly surprised.
- The graphics are quite impressive as well! I mean, Guts and co look pretty damn good, imho. And the in-game graphic cut scenes + voice acting does a decent job. I was genuinely getting enveloped in the game.
- Finally, the last thing I will say is overall the game didn't feel stale after 2 hours of play. I think this game is legit fun, and keep in mind, I've never been a Dynasty Warriors fan prior to this. I got Hyrule Warriors for the Wii U but I played it twice and never picked it up again. Berserk though... it's really working for me! So hopefully more people will get it and enjoy it along side me!