Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
YUP. Our girl Schierke is OP as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngglCBR6h3A :schierke:

Konketsuji said:
Hey, man, can you help me out? I beat the game and now I can only replay the levels as young Guts, I cannot choose costumes or anything. Also, how do I unlock Femto? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the late response!

If you go to "Free Mode" you can choose any character, with any unlocked costume. It's quite fun rolling through some encounters with different encounters. As for Femto, you can get him for Griffith as a hidden feature by finishing the "Eclipse" challenge with Griffith. You will unlock the Millennium Falcon Griffith costume. Hit L2+R2 when you have a full Special gauge and you are in berserk/frenzy mode. This will unlock Femto for the duration of your berserk/frenzy gauge.

To be Femto permanently, I think you need to complete all the missions by doing 100 floors of the "Eclipse" challenge on every character.

This is a big time investment, and some characters (cough :???: cough) aren't especially easy to do it with. I took a break from the game, but currently trying to unlock Femto. :femto:

puppet12ca said:
pre-order bonus for buying at EB games in Canada(don't know if its the same at gamestop in the US probably is) six dlc costumes 2 for guts 2 for griffith and 2 for Schierke but no wet clothes casca

https://www.ebgames.ca/Platform/Games/726683

Looks like it's up on gamestop for North America with the preorder bonus: http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/berserk-and-the-band-of-the-hawk/136813

Here are the 6 costumes:
RCV7bPw.jpg

I was going to preorder on Amazon because Prime members save 20% on all pre-orders and new releases, so I hope Amazon gets some DLC bonus too. Cuz of those 6 costumes, I only really care for the Schierke ones. The Guts/Griffith ones are just weird.

Don't suppose there's a way to pre order it for PC yet at all to get those skins? (I'll be checking on Steam religiously but I don't want to miss out on that Pirate Schierke. It's so bad, I need it.)
I don't have a PS4, and as much as I love Berserk I don't want to spend an extra $400 just to play it. I might as well put that money towards a new Berserk statue....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jackolyn said:
Don't suppose there's a way to pre order it for PC yet at all to get those skins? (I'll be checking on Steam religiously but I don't want to miss out on that Pirate Schierke. It's so bad, I need it.)

It would be surprising for them not to sell you those extra costumes on Steam. If you want to see some precedent, scope out the Dynasty Warriors 8 listing. It offers three DLC costume packs for between $3-8.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Hey guys.

So, I put together a kind of review/thoughts/impressions video of Berserk Musou ahead of the Western release. Please take a look and let me know what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG5-NTpU7zk

I apologize for my terrible recording quality. I was using the PS4 capture and the crappy iMovie record function with no microphone.

Only a few weeks away here in NA, I'm pretty stoked! Though I still can't bring myself to do a pre-order. Hopefully PSstore just lets you buy such add-on content as micro-transactions down the line or something.

I never played a Dynasty Warriors game. My cousin says he really enjoyed the ones he played on the PlayStation 2. I been intentionally avoiding video's and reviews of the game, for better or worst I want to discover everything through the game itself. Much like when I bought Gut's Rage for the Dreamcast, which indirectly introduced me to the series. Other than a screen shot, it was virtually a blind buy. I still love Guts Rage, it has a lot of flaws, but it's one of my many Dreamcast highlights. I hope the one on PS4 blows me away!

Uriel said:
Hey guys.

So, I put together a kind of review/thoughts/impressions video of Berserk Musou ahead of the Western release. Please take a look and let me know what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG5-NTpU7zk

I apologize for my terrible recording quality. I was using the PS4 capture and the crappy iMovie record function with no microphone.

I really enjoyed your video. Thanks for making it! :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Pre-order page is available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/502280/

$59.99 base price, release is Feb 21.

I know this isn't a "deals" thread, but bestbuy.com has their $25 off $100 + free shipping deal if you use Visa Checkout (which is just a simple way to pay with your visa card). Plus if you have a Gamers Club subscription with Best Buy (I just picked one up because of all the Nintendo Switch games/console/accessories I'm buying), you can save 20% off the Berserk game too.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/berserk-and-the-band-of-the-hawk-playstation-4/5705388.p?skuId=5705388

So I picked this up for $47 (+ free preorder bonus dlc costume pack as we mentioned before) and a Switch Pro Controller. Saved $38 bucks!

sorry if its been asked already folks,

Have they scrapped the vita version coming out in the west? I could of sworn I saw it on amazon.com (I was going to import it to the UK as i knew the UK wasn't getting a physical copy) a couple of months ago, I went to pre-order it and it wasn't there. Theres nothing on the PSN store catalogue either which has me concerned.

My PS4 pre-order is still live so I'm hoping it will be released on schedule

The Vita version is being released digitally outside of Japan. PSN doesn't have the PS4 version up either. They'll both probably be up on PSN when it gets released this week.

Anyone have any insight on how the Vita version runs? I am going to get it for ps4 and I want it for vita but if its runs like crap I may pass. I also have a DW game on my vita and it runs just fine, so I hope it runs as smooth as that.

PS4 and Digital-only localized PSVita are up on NA PSN along with its DLC costumes.

PS4
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/berserk-and-the-band-of-the-hawk-with-bonus/cid=UP4108-CUSA07478_00-BERHAWKWITHBONUS

PSVita
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/berserk-and-the-band-of-the-hawk-with-bonus/cid=UP4108-PCSE01034_00-BERHAWKWITHBONUS

Additional Costume Full set
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/berserk-additional-costume-full-set/cid=UP4108-CUSA07478_00-ADDITIONALCOSSET?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, those are better costumes than the PC preorder. Oh well. They'll all be sold for $2 each after it ships.

But fuck that, there are so many better DLC opportunities for this game that are going/will go unfulfilled. Like all the other great characters they're missing out on: Silat, Boscone, Locus, Grunbeld, Irvine, the list goes on and on...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
It cracked into the Top 10 Selling games on Steam today.

That's pretty cool! Shows there's a real appetite for it, although fans of the Musou franchise itself must also account for a good percentage of purchases.

Got it!

Heisenberg approves.
rsqgeME.jpg

Skully wants to play too.
EupHJ7I.jpg

Update: So I just finished playing it for about 2 hours. I didn't keep up with all the previews/reviews about the game, so this was a pretty new, going-in-blind experience for me. Wasn't sure quite to expect. But my initial impressions are generally favorable! In a nutshell:

- I liked this game more than Hyrule Warriors, by a long shot. Reason is, the game had an actual story. And I'll use spoiler tags in case people are sensitive to this.
The game starts off at the eclipse (which is strange), and Guts has his Berserker Armor already, but this scene/level is really more like the tutorial part. After which, it starts where the anime trilogy started. A castle siege and then eventually Bazuso. After which, the encounter with the Band, Carcus, Casca, Griffith and so forth.
The story elements as well as the cut scenes really flowed well! The cut scenes fit right in with this game.
- The musou genre totally fits with Berserk! I mean that might be a Captain Obvious statement, but really there are SO MANY enemies on screen at once, sometimes you even lose track of where your character is. This is actually a really cool thing. You get that sense of being overwhelmed and surrounded. And man oh man, as the game goes on you learn more special moves, and MY GOODNESS some of them are so vicious. I found myself reallllly enjoying these attacks. They were so satisfying to pull off. It was pretty awesome!
- This is probably common knowledge, but they reused scenes from the anime trilogy in the game and what's kinda cool about it is that they've replaced the original movie soundtrack with their own soundtrack, and seriously some of the new music pieces are better than the movie pieces. Sometimes in the trilogy, the music was too overbearing or in your face. The game soundtrack is much more subtle and I feel like fits the mood more accurately. I am pleasantly surprised.
- The graphics are quite impressive as well! I mean, Guts and co look pretty damn good, imho. And the in-game graphic cut scenes + voice acting does a decent job. I was genuinely getting enveloped in the game.
- Finally, the last thing I will say is overall the game didn't feel stale after 2 hours of play. I think this game is legit fun, and keep in mind, I've never been a Dynasty Warriors fan prior to this. I got Hyrule Warriors for the Wii U but I played it twice and never picked it up again. Berserk though... it's really working for me! So hopefully more people will get it and enjoy it along side me!

I also played about two hours of the main story. I only have three major issues. 1, I also got the Vita port and I'm not super impressed by the graphics. 2, no multiplayer. 3, this one is huge for me. The music! it’s not bad but with such amazing scores to pull from I feel like they missed the mark. I know there is lots off issues with getting licensed tracks but if they can put in the ridiculous sword clank sound from the 2016 anime why can’t a dude get some "HAAAAAIIIII YYYYAAAAIIIIIII For cessssss!" like come on! Besides that I love it! Swinging the DS it's everything I ever thought it could be! I'm having so much fun.

Lets make it 4! No cross save!

I've played the prologue and 5 missions. I hate to be the negative nancy, but if this wasn't Berserk there is no way on earth I'd touch this game. I knew going in the formula looked generic, but wow. There is no strategy at all. On hard. Button mash as a ton of ai stands around. This is to video games as the 2016 anime was to Berserk imo.

Salem said:
I've played the prologue and 5 missions. I hate to be the negative nancy, but if this wasn't Berserk there is no way on earth I'd touch this game. I knew going in the formula looked generic, but wow. There is no strategy at all. On hard. Button mash as a ton of ai stands around. This is to video games as the 2016 anime was to Berserk imo.

You are not wrong my friend.

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
The game got a 16+ over here in Germany (as did the films) and there is no changed content when compared to the Japanese version. Which brings me to my question:
Koei Tecmo once directly promised to up the gore for the Western version of their Fist of the North Star games (rated 18+ over here). Specifically the inclusion of the iconic head explosions.
None of that came to pass and i hated the 1st FotNS game when a friend lend me his copy. Berserk got a similar empty promise. Are the publisher´s Ninja Gaiden games the only example of more violence in Western versions from them and if so why? Keeping sexual elements out of a Koei Tecmo game is good idea but Berserk with no gore ain´t Berserk. Both Australia´s and Germany´s ratings boards now allow uncut Dead Rising, Mortal Kombat and so on. No other major gaming market opposes gore outside of Japan either, which started to crack down on ultra-violent media following the Kobe child murders in 97. I am pretty sure that manga (or even anime) accurate violence would help the game sales, not the other way around.

PS: I recently got One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 for the Vita and put 25-30 hours in the game. The Musou formula fits very well there and the production values were pretty decent too. Get that one, or the 2nd version of the Zelda / Dragon Quest re-skins if you want to see the developer´s best media adaptations.

Top Bottom