Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 76

Good job guys, I'm sorry to hear about Griffith I hope he is ok :griffnotevil:, at least we have Grail she did it great :).

Regarding the anime I share everyone's opinion about CGI and the disappointment of the predictable short Black Swordsman and Lost Children skipping all the linking points with the Birth Festival. But after all I'm curious like Walter and even a little hyped.

About the Farnese topic: I've been wondering, as Grail pointed out, that all the Farnese staring at Guts thing might lead us to something. A lot of people has mentioned a possible approach to Roderick with Casca's recovery, but I still think Miura will do something with Farnese-Guts (not necessarily romantic or sabotage).

Another topic that bothers me is Serpico, as you have mentioned in previous podcasts his development as a character has completely stopped and not having currently any kind of story going on regarding him worries me. He is interested in the wind elementals so he might learn something during all this process.

About the 'Gallery of Dreams', I know is early but I agree it feels like is some kind of mental quest through Casca's memories and I also think she might be guided by the Elf King or Guts as Aaz said.

I think it would be helpful if you detail a little more the timestamps of the episode discussion to have a quick access to the information. I struggle with English sometimes so I think this will be helpful to people who relisten the podcasts. I don't mind doing it do you think this would be a good idea?
Something like this:
01:00 — New Anime
11:45 — New Berserk Game (Berserk Musou)
18:00 — Volume 38 and Miura's new digital style
31:00 — Episode 344 discussion
31:00 — Spirutual Trees
35:52 — Elfhelm appearance
41:20 — Morda and Subwitches
46:36 — Ged
52:46 — Ged prophecy and Puck
54:40 — Ged and the Elf King
1:01:05 — Ancient Trees
1:04:24 — The purpose of the group
1:05:55 — Farnese
1:10:24 — The Blast of the Astral World/Spirtual Trees
1:13:15 — The Valley (+Hanafubuku King mistranslation)
1:19:02 — Witch Village
1:21:27 — Schierke
1:24:10 — Molda vs gravity
1:26:00 — Age gap theories
1:28:30 — Ged's House
1:30:20 — Beherits in Elfhelm and SK
1:35:50 — How far is the group to meet the Elf King?
1:37:28 — 'Gallery of Dreams'
1:41:07 — Casca's possible recovery and Beast of Darkness

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
luizao said:
I still think Miura will do something with Farnese-Guts (not necessarily romantic or sabotage).

Not sure exactly what you mean, but yeah, I'm sure Miura will continue developing her character, and Guts is a big part of her life.

I think a large chunk of her character arc is about overcoming her dependency issues. Her father ignored her, and her reliance on her father's attention is what caused her to have that outburst that burned down the house, and led her to become fascinated by flames. Her reliance on the church to subdue her dark desires wasn't healthy either. And now she looks to Guts as a kind of spiritual advisor, while harboring doomed hopes of love.

I feel like her desire to become proficient with magic, and to understand the greater world, is her path to growing out of those dependency habits, and to become self-reliant. But to fully achieve that, she's of course going to have to overcome/deal with these feelings she has for Guts.

Another topic that bothers me is Serpico, as you have mentioned in previous podcasts his development as a character has completely stopped and not having currently any kind of story going on regarding him worries me. He is interested in the wind elementals so he might learn something during all this process.

While it seems to be the case, I'm sure Miura hasn't forgotten about Serpico. He'll have something going on in Elfhelm, I've got no doubts.

I think it would be helpful if you detail a little more the timestamps of the episode discussion to have a quick access to the information. I struggle with English sometimes so I think this will be helpful to people who relisten the podcasts. I don't mind doing it do you think this would be a good idea?
Something like this:

If you're willing to do that, then that'd be great. I'll add it to the first post of the thread whenever you do. Thanks!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
luizao said:
Good job guys, I'm sorry to hear about Griffith I hope he is ok :griffnotevil:

He actually posted in this thread.

luizao said:
Regarding the anime I share everyone's opinion about CGI and the disappointment of the predictable short Black Swordsman and Lost Children skipping all the linking points with the Birth Festival.

It's beyond short at this point, it's barely a preview of those two segments of the story.

luizao said:
I still think Miura will do something with Farnese-Guts (not necessarily romantic or sabotage

That seems obvious to me. Like Walter said, it's not like Guts will stop being important to Farnese. Or any other member of his group for that matter. In fact, all those relationships will be tested and reinforced on Skellig, as they've reached the end of a journey and will each have to decide what happens with the next one.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think I need to do an unsightly and self-involved quote post just to prove that it's really me and I'm ok. :griffnotevil:

Walter said:
Glad to know you're still checking things from time to time! I thought maybe you had done what we'd often joked about: Step away from Berserk for a few years, then come back and plow through a volume or two in sequence

That's what I was doing, but when I came back only the next episode had been released! *ba-dum ching*

Walter said:
instead of the trickle we currently get (while simultaneously coming to your own fresh conclusions about events instead of the general consensus that evolves from episodic discussions and the podcasts). While that continues to be tempting, I just don't think I'd be able to stop myself from wanting to know every morsel of Berserk information as soon as it's known — particularly with where we are in the series.

It is tempting, particularly when there's such a large drought in actual Miura goodness that the well of what can be considered "current" discussion starts running dry. At a certain point, you just wanna see what happens next. Also, most of the news and info about the new anime series made me want to go away for a different reason. :sad:

Walter said:
Hi, I'm Walter, and I've been addicted to Berserk since 1999. That's the first step, right? :void:
Feeblecursedone said:
Gee, how old are you? I didnt even know Berserk existed until like ... 2007? :farnese:

Kid, the real #1 Berserk fan was following the series since 1995! He must be like 25 or something. :isidro:

Skeleton said:
Griffith! It's great to see you around here again, my friend! Meatspace issues definitely trump cyberspace issues (and I hope that stuff ends with the best possible outcome), but you're sincerely missed. The world's a lot darker without this sense of humor:

Where there's a vacuum in bathroom humor, I'll be there! BTW, I appreciated that old quote in your signature. Maybe I should strive to be a capital A Internet Asshole again. It comes much more naturally than pretending to be a level-headed non-maniac.

luizao said:
I'm sorry to hear about Griffith I hope he is ok

Guys, I'm fine, this is embarrassing, I was posting normally as recently as last month for christsakes...

Aazealh said:
He actually posted in this thread.

Though, to be fair, my online presence doesn't necessarily mean I'm ok in the traditional meaning:

giphy.gif

See, this couldn't be more me even if it was a pastiche effortlessly written by Aaz to throw you off the scent...

-Griffth...?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
See, this couldn't be more me even if it was a pastiche effortlessly written by Aaz to throw you off the scent...

I don't think I get the credit I deserve for impersonating every single member of this forum all by myself. One day, all these years of work will be worth it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Until it's revealed that Berserk, Skullknight.net, you and all of us are just figments of the imgination of an autistic child named Kentarou Miura.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
So it's true... I'm not... Real?

By the way, did I get you guys right, that the ps3 version of the game won't be release in America? Or it was just me misunderstanding that part? It would suck for I don't have a ps4 and it'd the third berserk game that I can't get my hands on.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
By the way, did I get you guys right, that the ps3 version of the game won't be release in America? Or it was just me misunderstanding that part? It would suck for I don't have a ps4 and it'd the third berserk game that I can't get my hands on.

Not sure about PS3. But do you have a decent PC?

ryOtoha said:
Very awesome packed podcast. And i agree with Aaz, looking at Ged i also think about Dōko the Libra Gold Saint.

Awesome! Thanks for the link, I wasn't sure who Aaz meant since I'm only nominally familiar with Saint Seiya.

jackson_hurley

Aazealh said:
That is correct.

Damn it! I'm sad once again. Thx though, I wasn't sure I understood right.

Walter said:
Not sure about PS3. But do you have a decent PC?

Sadly no, it's about to implode if I don't do anything about it. But I'm supposed to customize a new one at some point this year. Oh well, might be time for a new Platform upgrade. I got the same disappointment with Mortal Kombat X where it was supposed to come out on ps3 and then the decided not to..

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Sadly no, it's about to implode if I don't do anything about it. But I'm supposed to customize a new one at some point this year. Oh well, might be time for a new Platform upgrade. I got the same disappointment with Mortal Kombat X where it was supposed to come out on ps3 and then the decided not to..

Should look into this once it's available: http://venturebeat.com/2016/06/29/amd-releases-200-radeon-rx-480-graphics-cards-for-cheaper-vr-gaming-rigs/

jackson_hurley

Walter said:
Should look into this once it's available: http://venturebeat.com/2016/06/29/amd-releases-200-radeon-rx-480-graphics-cards-for-cheaper-vr-gaming-rigs/

Thank you! I'm no good with computers on that aspect (my girlfriend has more experience then me) But I'll show it to her. I will get my hands on that game, even if I have to sacrifice someone! :slan:

I'm in the same boat as you jackson_hurley. PS3 owner, only difference that I currently use a VAIO (laptop) I bought in 2009 that's on it's last legs :sad:.

Is this spec decent enough to run the game Walter? Intel Core 2 Duo P9600 (2.66 GHz), 6 GB Memory, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650.

jackson_hurley

IncantatioN said:
Intel Core 2 Duo P9600 (2.66 GHz), 6 GB Memory, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650.

Just that part is making me scratch my head. This shows you how much I'm good at with computers. I know how to use one but not the specs. hehe

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
I'm in the same boat as you jackson_hurley. PS3 owner, only difference that I currently use a VAIO (laptop) I bought in 2009 that's on it's last legs :sad:.

Is this spec decent enough to run the game Walter? Intel Core 2 Duo P9600 (2.66 GHz), 6 GB Memory, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650.

At a glance I'd say no.

Kobratelefon

I've got a gun... in my heart!
Hey guys, great episode as usual. Really liked that you talked about the game. And i agree that how they implement the apostles and their transformations will be key to how good the game is gonna be. Also wondering if you guys are going to make a podcast for the first anime episode? I guess it might be to little content to discuss for an entire podcast.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I'm sure it's been discussed before but I wonder exactly how useful the Beherits are now in the new world. Are they still being used and functioning as they were before? Are new apostles still needed? If not, what function do they have now? Is it just a paperweight?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
I'm sure it's been discussed before but I wonder exactly how useful the Beherits are now in the new world. Are they still being used and functioning as they were before? Are new apostles still needed? If not, what function do they have now? Is it just a paperweight?

Big question(s) right there. I think it's too early to tell.

The first question is how would a beherit work right now, since the God Hand in its entirety has been brought into the world with the advent of Fantasia? Where would the ceremony take place? Second, like you said, are new apostles even needed, and if so, are beherits the preferred method? One could imagine an industrial pseudo-apostle factory in Falconia where "volunteers" would receive "holy power" to better fight for the Falcon. I think we'll probably get those answers eventually, we just need to be patient.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:

I don't think anyone will be able to give you an informed answer on that question right now. Maybe we'll know more about the state of the world in a bit.

A related but larger-scale lingering question for me is whether or not the merging of the worlds was the endgame for Causality and the behind-the-scenes manipulations that led to the big world-wide change. We saw the extent to which the God Hand's planning had led to the change -- from the Kushan invasion to the Pontiff's vision, and of course Charlotte's rescue and subsequent vindication of Griffith's position as the country's savior. All of these things were cashed in with the merging. Maybe that's all that was needed, and now that the God Hand are presumably in the world, they no longer have to work in the secretive, shadowy way they did previously. Time will tell.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Aazealh said:
One could imagine an industrial pseudo-apostle factory in Falconia where "volunteers" would receive "holy power" to better fight for the Falcon.

Very cool notion right there. If/when Guts and Co. return to Midland, we could see the return of the misplaced idea that Guts is the Falcon of Darkness (which would be interesting to see Farnese on the opposite side of where she started!), and the citizens of Falconia might take up arms in such a way for (another) holy war.

That said, I've always imagined the fall of Falconia being due to a more secretive resistance as opposed to another large scale campaign.

Top Bottom