Berserk: Over the Years

Natt_Himmel

"Just a guy who reads Berserk for fun."
So I found that picture of the art development of One Piece some time ago and a couple days ago I felt like doing one for berserk since the artstyle has gone through some changes over time. And well, here it is. Hope you like it :griffnotevil:
P.S: You should probably open the image in a new tab since it is quite large.​

kn5ViC1.png

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Natt_Himmel said:
So I found that picture of the art development of One Piece some time ago and a couple days ago I felt like doing one for berserk since the artstyle has gone through some changes over time. And well, here it is. Hope you like it :griffnotevil:
P.S: You should probably open the image in a new tab since it is quite large.​

Nice job! That's cool, reminds me of something similar I did many years ago, although it was just for Guts. Anyway I just have one nitpick: it's Erika and Luka with a K in both cases.

Really cool.

Out of all of them the Skull Knight's seems the most striking to me. He went through a few changes after his introduction.

Natt_Himmel

Aazealh said:
Nice job! That's cool, reminds me of something similar I did many years ago, although it was just for Guts. Anyway I just have one nitpick: it's Erika and Luka with a K in both cases.

Thanks! But, is that true about Luca and Erica? The wiki, some scans and the Reddit Discord says it is with a C.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This is absolutely incredible man. So much attention to detail, like that image of Puck from the Golden Age that you found. Including the years also is quite informative, since it helps you visualize how long we've had the current cast of characters.

Natt_Himmel

ApostleBob said:
This is awesome! Great contribution! I love the way it's organized as well. :ubik:

Tabris said:
Really cool.

Out of all of them the Skull Knight's seems the most striking to me. He went through a few changes after his introduction.

Walter said:
This is absolutely incredible man. So much attention to detail, like that image of Puck from the Golden Age that you found. Including the years also is quite informative, since it helps you visualize how long we've had the current cast of characters.

Thank you all very much! :serpico:

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
Now that's an epic face art line up. You can note how Guts' mouth's size increases from 1990 to 1995 and the way his face shapes up to form the face of modern Guts we know today.

Miura's artwork and attention to detail still amazes me even today.

It's interesting how Guts' jawline got a lot longer by the late 2000s but then got a little shorter in length again around 2013 (and maybe not just Guts but also most of Guts' companions+Griffith have slightly shorter faces/jawlines and proportionally larger eyes than they did in the late 2000s?).

this is pretty sweet, the fact that you made it so high res is even better, you can really see the difference. thanks alot for this!

Natt_Himmel said:
Thanks! But, is that true about Luca and Erica? The wiki, some scans and the Reddit Discord says it is with a C.

Aazealh said:
So I finally got my physical copy of YA and one thing no one else mentioned is that the booklet has a character sheet with two new official spellings: Luka and Erika. So consider that the official SK.net notice: Cs now uncool, Ks are in demand.

The K spellings became official when episode 338 came out.

And that picture is so cool! Thank you for doing it! :guts:

Natt_Himmel

Skeleton said:
The K spellings became official when episode 338 came out.

And that picture is so cool! Thank you for doing it! :guts:

Auuw, Guess I am uncool than :p

Also, Thank you!

I was searching for something like this just a few weeks ago. Thank you for doing it, you did a great job.

By the way, looks like we picked the same panel for our signature. :guts:

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
This is so cool! Thanks for sharing it with us! To echo Walter, the addition of the timeline is also really awesome!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Nice job! It's hard to believe Schierke has only been around since 2001. Feels like she's been a part of the series forever. This whole thing makes me feel old. :void:

Great job man, I love how you structured it :guts:

It's great to see how Miura's skill only took an upward spiral since he began his work. Improvement after improvement.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Natt_Himmel said:

Yes, it is true (I generally don't lie to people). The three sources you cite are all completely unreliable. Those spellings were confirmed in Young Animal, and Erika is also spelled with a K at the beginning of volume 38!

Edit: Ah, Skeleton beat me to it. I'm getting slow in my old age! :SK:

Top Bottom