POLL: Who will be playable in Berserk Musou? (Multiple Choice)

Who will be playable in Berserk Musou? (Multiple Choice)

• Guts (Child/Golden Age/Black Swordsman/Berserk's Armor)

Votes: 34 89.5%
  • Casca

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • Griffith (Golden Age & Millennium Falcon)

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Puck

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Judo

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Corcas

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Pippin

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • Rickert

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Adon

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Boscone

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Silat

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Wyald

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Serpico

Votes: 31 81.6%
  • Azan

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Farnese

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Isidro

Votes: 28 73.7%
  • Skull Knight

Votes: 28 73.7%
  • Schierke

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • Zodd

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Locus

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Grunbeld

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Rakshas

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Irvine

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Tapasa

• Daiba

• Anna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mozgus

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Schnoz

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Judging by how playable characters have been arranged in previous Musou games (Hyrule Warriors has 28 playable characters), how do you see Berserk's roster being filled out?

Aaz and I (mostly him) came up with the list above, along with a few jokes. But who else do you think is likely to be playable?

Vote for as many people as you'd like!

I would be a little surprised to see Anna, Adon, and Wyald make the cut, but Tapasa would be the one I'd love to play as...which I also don't see. The others wouldn't surprise me too much. How about a Garuda riding Daiba? :carcus:

Silat would definitely be a character who has a good chance of being in Berserk Musou, due to his varied move set consisting of twin daggers (Katars I think, not sure), Chakram's and his Urumi (Steel whip weapon). Characters based on crowd control are usually my favorites, Lu Bu is the perfect example.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I see Puck only has 2 votes. I just wanted to drop this in here then:

HTML:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HmCEiq8alro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In other words, count on it :guts:

Aazealh said:
I hope the Schnoz makes an appearance. :schnoz:

Rolling attack! Added!

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
Arslan has 12 playable characters, Dragon Quest (1) has 13, Fist of the North Star (1) has 9 + 1 as DLC, One Piece (1) has 13 playable characters, Zelda has 13 + DLC and i have no idea how to count the the 21 Gundam units, as about half are just swaps (i know my Gundam canon, trust me). Attack on Titan has 10 but is a different "genre", i guess.
These numbers all come from wikia, so there is your ceiling for licensed 1st entry Musou, without DLC. About a dozen. So keep expectations low, more than half should have been revealed by now.
No God Hand members to vote on, eh? A :ubik: on Conrad combo would be funny.
Here is "our" wikia: http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Berserk_Musou It can only improve on the "other"...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
residentgrigo said:
Arslan has 12 playable characters, Dragon Quest (1) has 13, Fist of the North Star (1) has 9 + 1 as DLC, One Piece (1) has 13 playable characters, Zelda has 13 + DLC and i have no idea how to count the the 21 Gundam units, as about half are just swaps (i know my Gundam canon, trust me).

I think including DLC in the total is logical. But yeah, good call on scaling it back, with Hyrule Warriors as the outlier. Could be as few as 10, all things considered, and 5 so far are confirmed: Guts, Casca, Griffith, Judo, Schierke.

These numbers all come from wikia, so there is your ceiling for licensed 1st entry Musou, without DLC. About a dozen. So keep expectations low, more than half should have been revealed by now.

So you're saying I shouldn't count on Anna? :judo:

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
Senpai noticed me :farnese: . Duck Anna is the best! (Where is that emoticon?) The amount of "possible" stages ain´t looking too hot either...
Well, Hyrule Warriors had half a budget, it should have reached 26 in the end, and i deliberatively used 1st entries.

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
Guts, Griffith, Casca, Judeau, Pippin, Zodd, Skull Knight, Silat, Schierke, Serpico, Isidro, Irvine, Grunbeld and Locus.

Im not sure Puck is going to be playable. He's not a fighter and knows only like one move. He's probably going to be help based, probably blinding enemies and enabling you to stun/enter comboes when they're stunned. Im also not sure about Farnase since she's not much of a fighter and has only started learning magic.

I'd like to see Boscogn playable but I cannot see a scenario that would be plausible. Maybe an ulockable character for later for pure fun and badassery.

My favorite choice would probably be Silat. Guy has so many weapons and can fight in a lot of different ways and is bound to be super fun.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Top 12 at the end of the first day:

Guts
Griffith
Casca
Judo
Serpico
Isidro
Skull Knight
Schierke
Silat
Zodd
Pippin
Azan

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Imperator Hanseatic said:
It says 20 people have voted but there are only 18 votes for Guts? :???:

I smell a :troll:

I think it's just that some people didn't understand that you could vote for multiple people.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
I think my unconfirmed "must haves" are Serpico, Isidro, Skull Knight, Grunbeld, Zodd, Irvine, Rakshas, Locus. If we got those along with the confirmed characters, I'd be completely happy. I really wonder how many Falcons they'll include. I honestly didn't expect to see Judo.

But I've got a sick feeling apostles might be saved for bosses only.

I want to play as an older Theresia. Possibly wearing Black Swordsman style armor. Possibly wielding a knife or sword in one hand and Guts' severed head in the other.

I'm wondering if they'd add an original character like they did in Hyrule Warriors. It would be really weird, but I doubt that would stop them.
However what I think would be much more weird and much less likely would be being able to play as the Beast of Darkness itself. Like I said, weird and unlikely, but I just love playing as non-human characters in games.
Although, now that I think of it, there are plenty of other characters that qualify as "non-human" in Berserk. But you get what I mean (I hope).

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
They might make Beast of Darkness a boss fight. Like going to Guts' mind and having to fight it to put it under control. If anything, they might wanna sell it as Guts' apostle form ( beast of darkness ) since its all about hack and slash really.

I haven't played one of these games since the first couple Dynasty Warriors came out so I'm not very wise to what is typical for the newer ones. I did have an idea last night of something that would maybe be cool though. I was thinking there could be a level where you play as child Guts and instead of just slashing through armies you were in a support role to Gambino. Like you could hamstring or injure enemies around him that he would finish off or if he called for a spear or sword after his breaks you would have only a few seconds to get one to him or he would hit you. You would be needing to avoid enemies and any damage Gambino would deal as punishment while actually killing an enemy would be very difficult for young Guts.

I don't know if there is anything like this in the newer DW style games but it seemed like a cool idea for something different.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Feeblecursedone said:
If anything, they might wanna sell it as Guts' apostle form ( beast of darkness ) since its all about hack and slash really.

That'd be really a gross move on their part though.

Cuthbert19 said:
I was thinking there could be a level where you play as child Guts and instead of just slashing through armies you were in a support role to Gambino. Like you could hamstring or injure enemies around him that he would finish off or if he called for a spear or sword after his breaks you would have only a few seconds to get one to him or he would hit you. You would be needing to avoid enemies and any damage Gambino would deal as punishment while actually killing an enemy would be very difficult for young Guts.

Sounds cool, but I doubt they'd implement something that specific unfortunately.

Feeblecursedone said:
They might make Beast of Darkness a boss fight. Like going to Guts' mind and having to fight it to put it under control.

I would be totally up for it. The question is, do you play as Guts fighting for control, or as Schierke freeing Guts after he uses the berserk armor?

Top Bottom