2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 3

What did you think of the third episode of the 2016 TV series?

• It was great.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Some problems, but enjoyable.

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • It was bad, but had some redeeming features.

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • I hated it.

Votes: 31 37.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's also pretty funny how those people only think it's cool, as opposed to the experiences of Guts and Casca, just because it was a failed attempted rape, in that way it's got just the right amount of ("awesome!") adult subject but with a happy ending, kids will eat that shit up right away, and then of course emphasize it to oblivion when referring to Berserk. I even saw one reviewer on youtube that said he would drop the show if they didn't include his ever so precious "rape horse" ...uugh!

Point is, Berserk already have a pretty awkward reputation about rape (thanks to who, I wonder?) and it's just so unnecessary to contribute to all that bullshit.

I for one feel very fortunate to have found this forum, cause it's the only place/people I know with a mature approach to Berserk. Its kind of a relieve coming here sometimes :casca:

Mammon

Mangoku army
Hanma_Baki said:
I for one feel very fortunate to have found this forum, cause it's the only place/people I know with a mature approach to Berserk. Its kind of a relieve coming here sometimes :casca:
This, I googled what Rupert Sinclair was referencing in his post (I'm not familiar with the rest of the internet Berserk community since I've been lurking here for about, 7 years, maybe more? And never needed anything else to analyze this manga) and found some random anime forums talking about the new series, and damn that was :mozgus: to read.

It felt like a SkullKnight Bizarro World.
Threads that are simply terrible/full of insults and "rapey horse FTW topkek/kasska totally asked for it tho gattssu became a cuck after getting blacked by donnovane lolol epic may-may dude", threads where hordes of new fans were correcting a couple of legit fans who were actually right about the topic they were discussing for a whole thread; etc etc...

This forum (Skullknight) is so informative and contains so much fascinating comments, explanations, theories... a real goldmine.
So I can understand why the staff & regulars have a low threshold for patience with certain new members.

Which is also why from my POW, new members like Gamehowitzer shouldn't take it personally if people correct them in a firm (but fair) way, it's all for the greater good, not to randomly trash them.
But of course, ideally, new members should lurk for a while to "get" the forum's vibe before making threads, but if they have the right attitude when getting corrected like ITT, it's a good sign.

Sorry for the off-topic rant, but I didn't even know such "meme" and type of "fans" existed before today, and... damn. :rickert:

Top Bottom