2016 Berserk album from Susumu Hirasawa

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Susumu Hirasawa just announced a new Berserk album called "Ash Crow". It will contain the songs he did for the 2016 TV series, previously released songs like Sign, Aria, Forces 2 or Zodd 2, as well as new versions of known songs (Forces 2016, Indra 2016, 冠毛種子の大群, Sign 3). It will be released on September 14.

The track list is as follows:

1.灰よ (TVアニメ「ベルセルク」劇中歌)
2.BERSERK-Forces 2016
3.Aria (劇場映画「ベルセルク 黄金時代篇」三部作 主題曲)
4.FORCES II (「ベルセルク 千年帝国の鷹篇 喪失花の章」ゲームサウンドトラック)
5.ZODDO II (「ベルセルク 千年帝国の鷹篇 喪失花の章」ゲームサウンドトラック)
6.冠毛種子の大群 (Large Chamber ver.)
7.INDRA 2016
8.Ash Crow (TVアニメ「ベルセルク」劇中歌)
9.Sign (「ベルセルク 千年帝国の鷹篇 聖魔戦記の章」 ゲームサウンドトラック)
10.Sign-3
11.Aria (カラオケ)
12.灰よ(カラオケ)
13.Ash Crow (カラオケ)

Aazealh said:
Susumu Hirasawa just announced a new Berserk album called "Ash Crow". It will contain the songs he did for the 2016 TV series, previously released songs like Sign, Aria, Forces 2 or Zodd 2, as well as new versions of known songs (Forces 2016, Indra 2016, 冠毛種子の大群, Sign 3). It will be released on September 14.

1.灰よ (TVアニメ「ベルセルク」劇中歌)
2.BERSERK-Forces 2016
7.INDRA 2016
10.Sign-3
11.Aria (カラオケ)
12.灰よ(カラオケ)
13.Ash Crow (カラオケ)

Wow, I'm so getting this. New versions of Aria, Forces, and Sign alone has me sold.

I'm hoping to hear some samples in the anime but it probably won't happen since Hirasawa was only hired to do the insert song as far as I'm aware.

Aazealh said:

1.灰よ (TVアニメ「ベルセルク」劇中歌)
2.BERSERK-Forces 2016
7.INDRA 2016
10.Sign-3
11.Aria (カラオケ)
12.灰よ(カラオケ)
13.Ash Crow (カラオケ)

Awesome announcment ! wow ! will be it available in itunes?

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Now this is going to be awesome! I wonder how much different the new versions are going to be? I'm so excited about "Sign 3", it's unreal.

That's great news, can't wait to listen to the new versions. Thanks for the info!

Delta Phi said:
I'm so excited about "Sign 3", it's unreal.

Yeah, this one took me by surprise! One of my favorites of his.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Zade said:
So where can I buy it?

Well it's not for sale yet. And eventually I would guess that it will be on sale via Susumu's website. He usually sells both digital and physical releases here: http://shop.teslakite.com/

HAI YEEEEEE!!!! THANKS FOR THIS! I get push notifications for Hirasawa's twitter but I never bother to translate them lolol. This is great news!

Without a doubt some of the best news about Berserk in the last while.

Only thing to beat it is the actual announcements for the manga episodes.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm as excited as anyone here about this release. New tracks, new remixes -- it's the best possible scenario. Much better than the predictable "Single" release, with the new track and a kareoke version.

There are few interesting things about this track listing. Obviously it has new tracks, including the anticipated Ashes, and the newly announced Ash Crow, but track 6, Horde of Thistledown, was new to me. I did some research, and it's actually from his 2012 studio album, The Secret of The Flowers of Phenomenon. This track was also apparently used in a Golden Age Movie III promotional video that I don't think anyone outside of Japan got to see (darn). You can hear this track here.

The other one that stuck out to me was Zoddo II. With this album, he was probably trying to cover the range of his Berserk compositions from over the years -- but I dunno, in that case, where's Guts' theme, Beherit, etc? And among the Dreamcast game's selections, why not Niko or Sister's Story/Nun's Tale? Oh well, Zoddo II is good too, it's just not the one I'd have gone for.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
The other one that stuck out to me was Zoddo II. With this album, he was probably trying to cover the range of his Berserk compositions from over the years -- but I dunno, in that case, where's Guts' theme, Beherit, etc? And among the Dreamcast game's selections, why not Niko or Sister's Story/Nun's Tale? Oh well, Zoddo II is good too, it's just not the one I'd have gone for.

I don't mind "Zoddo II" (although I mind that superfluous 'o'), but yeah, Guts' theme would have been very welcome, as would have Niko's theme. I wonder if he has the full rights on all the songs he did for the 1997 TV series though.

Yep, no question. I'm getting this :) Especially because it's worth supporting Hirasawa's work as he has contributed so much greatness to this fiction in his music.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Available for preorder on CD Japan for 2600 Yen: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/DAKCHTE-78/track

I live in Canada... so do you guys think I could buy the CD, and if so could I even play it in Canada? Is there a region block or some stuff like that? Sorry if it's a stupid question. Also oc I dont speak Japanese...

__Bonfire__ said:
I live in Canada... so do you guys think I could buy the CD, and if so could I even play it in Canada? Is there a region block or some stuff like that? Sorry if it's a stupid question. Also oc I dont speak Japanese...

if you buy the physical cd from cdjapan or another retailer there won't be any region locking, and hirasawa's store most likely sells worldwide. if i were you i'd just buy it from cdjapan, they ship to canada, you'll be good to go :guts:

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
__Bonfire__ said:

CDJapan will be more user friendly (i.e. in English), and their shipping isn't too terrible from what I can tell.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
__Bonfire__ said:

Don't worry, like Kaladin said just get the CD from CDJapan and you'll be fine. It's all in English, we'll post the link here, it'll be a walk in the park. Also no, CDs don't have regional locking, it was introduced with DVDs (what came before Blu-rays).

Delta Phi said:
CDJapan will be more user friendly (i.e. in English), and their shipping isn't too terrible from what I can tell.

Their shipping is great, actually. I don't think you can find better shipping options than what they offer.

Top Bottom