Episode 220

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re:220

FUNKY said:
slann gained her form from the remains of the trolls .... griffith gained his form from the demon child at albion .... drawing on this i say that griffith sill is a godhand member .... its like the mafia, you just dont quite
Well, there's a difference. Griffith gained his form through a ceremony transferring his ego to flesh. Slann's form is a teporary jumble of troll parts. Of course Griffith is still part of God Hand. The only change that's happened is that now, he's the only one that's in the physical world.
skullyON.GIF
"Once every 1000 years a being from heavenly spheres can make his body fles- Ah, screw it. You know what? Just get a bunch of Campbell's soup and pour it into a big pool and this guy with a huge fucking exposed brain will come out."

That doesn't mean that Guts can't necessarily damage her though. This is, afterall a transfer of ego, regardless of it being a temporary one. Plus with Skully going out of his way to tell Guts about all that, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Guts can do some actual damage with the DS to her.

the other GH have dissolved into Sephira,
I'm rusty on my kabbalistic knowledge, can someone fill me in on the signifigance of them being Sephira?

and they are also drifting about without a form.
Does this simply mean that the God Hand have become the material equivalent of ghosts? What's the difference now? They were always wandering around without form (see volume 17-18).

FUNKY

I'm not a llama(anymore)!

well if all the worlds are merging, then all the god hands are in the material world(sorta). i wonder why it is that femto was chosen to go back to the material plane rather than the leader, void. he was a newbie and they said yeah go ahead and go home. maybe they sent him back cause of that old saying: "heaven kicked me out cause i was too bad, and hell kicked me out cause the devil was afraid i would take over"

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

FUNKY said:
well if all the worlds are merging, then all the god hands are in the material world(sorta). i wonder why it is that femto was chosen to go back to the material plane rather than the leader, void. he was a newbie and they said yeah go ahead and go home. maybe they sent him back cause of that old saying: "heaven kicked me out cause i was too bad, and hell kicked me out cause the devil was afraid i would take over"
Except there's that whole causality thing tying into Griffith's dream to lead humanity and all. Void may be CEO but Griffith is the district manager, and the one who has to keep the employees in line (shoots self for early morning bad analogy).

well why is Void the CEO?

slan addresses Skully as king

*krebs does the math*

in the time of gaiseric 1000+ years ago, that would mean that there has been 4 god hands since gaiseric's time (including griff). slan could infact be the oldest member.

but, she could know this because of the intelligence granted to god hands, or simply cause skully has intervened so many times, or maybe cause she was there when he was gaiseric.

i dont want to start alot of speculation, but lets remember to keep an open mind about god hand.

argon

I love Gatts Fury

Thx for the summary :D
It seems that we finally know a little more about Skully ...

But I don't thik that Guts can seriously hurt anything but the Troll-Body of Slan.
She can use something else if her body is destroyed, as they she can't really exist in this world.

FUNKY

I'm not a llama(anymore)!

1000 years ago 4(5) angels came down and busted up gaiseric's empire

we assume that gaiseric's mage became Void, so who are the angels that came down?(not ubik, slan or conrad and definitely not femto)

Void may be the leader now, but he might not have always been and was not the first godhand member

who were those angels?

if the godhand numbers dont match up perfectly we could probably assume that SK has taken a few down to prevent them from reaching 5

Does this simply mean that the God Hand have become the material equivalent of ghosts? What's the difference now? They were always wandering around without form (see volume 17-18).
I think it simply means that the GH arent bound to anything anymore. They can go around and do anything they want to.

And as for the four angel's that destroyed Gaiseric's kingdom, for all we know, they could've been the 4 kings.

well i hate to nit-pick

but were god hand bound to anything in the first place?

its my understanding that they are Astral beings (they dont have physical bodies of their own in the mortal world). and before griff the worlds werent merged (like the troll cave which is in the astral realm), i kinda got the impression from vol 3, and the panel in vol 24 where flora talks about the worlds, that beings whose original plane of existence is the Astral plane didnt have 'bodies', but were more like spirits.

this may seem like just another rant, but it means that no matter what world they are in (god hand) they have no attachment to their physical body. the only way to 'hurt' them is to hurt their spirit. (the hatred forged into the dragonslayer).

i cant sum this up, i got to go to class

Garouken

I'm a llama!

Olivier Hague said:
Arker said:
it may not directly indicate that the sword was forged by godo in hate.
It doesn't. At all.

I think what that statement meant, was that the sword represents Gatts' hate, rage, etc. Since he's in the interstice he's been getting stronger and gaining more control over the weapon, but the part of him that really interacts with it is the Beast. So saying the sword is "forged in hate" is more like saying that Gatts' hatred(the Beast) has taken root in the weapon. That would also explain the shadow demon business fairly well.

As for hurting Slann, I think what Krebs said is about right, it's not the blade that does her damage( as we've seen, she can handle physical trauma), but the hatred held within the sword.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Damn, if the Beast feeds on Slann, Guts is gonna get really mad !
Guillaume
"imaginary situation : Guts stabs Slann and starts banging her
skully : what are you doing man ?
guts : i'm boning bitch devil !
skully : hey ! you know that's my duty ?"

Guts may very well kill Slan, since he and the DS partly exist in the "ghost world" because of the eclipse he survived and the countless demons he killed.

6th Angel

What a big...um......sword!

Why does everyone assume that if Slann is killed she will still be alive somewhere? This is a body unlike the rats that formed the fat guys face. During the eclipse some of the godhand formed from what was around them. I assume they would have died if skullknight cut them up.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

6th Angel said:
This is a body unlike the rats that formed the fat guys face. During the eclipse some of the godhand formed from what was around them. I assume they would have died if skullknight cut them up.
How is this different than the rats that formed into Conrad's face? As for the eclipse uhh... after they manifested, they had very distinct bodies. Slan still looks like Troll guts to me.

6th Angel

What a big...um......sword!

Slann doesn't look like troll guts to me. The hair does still look kinda like intestines but Slann's hair isn't normal. Besides that she just has visible veins. She has even developed her giant wings. The rats were still obviously rats. They just crawled into a shape because they were possessed by evil spirits. If I remember correctly several spirits shoot out of the mouth showing that the rats were being controlled by them. The rats were possessed and I think controlled by the god hand through the evil spirits.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Lliugusamui said:
skully : hey ! you know that's my duty ?"
I think I've explained this before. . .
Skully's HORSE gets Slan.
Skully gets Void.

As for slans body, I remember noticeing that you could see muscles on the legs. As in there wasn't skin.

Slan isn't risking anything here, shes just manifesting herself to play with Guts while hes in reach. IF, they distroy this body, it would probably knock her true form unconscious at WORST.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

That's a good point from Majin Tenshi It's just like a wizard controlling something. If you destroy that something, you would only harm their mind if anything, not their body.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
That's a good point from Majin Tenshi It's just like a wizard controlling something. If you destroy that something, you would only harm their mind if anything, not their body.

And they will come back and toy with u again, just like Slann to Gutz. No point if Gutz kill her form now...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Gutz said:
And they will come back and toy with u again, just like Slann to Gutz. No point if Gutz kill her form now...
We don't know that yet. Neither side of this argument has sufficient evidence yet.

Ichi-Fels said:
Guts may very well kill Slan, since he and the DS partly exist in the "ghost world" because of the eclipse he survived and the countless demons he killed.

Not until the last part of the manga... It would be too early if Slann is slain now

I hv been wondering wat happen if Gutz manage to kill one or all the members of GH (Griffin being the highest possibility). Proved to be stronger than GH, would Gutz eventually turned into fallen angel or something... maybe even god himself? ???

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I'm pretty sure he'd still be Guts. Stop reading John Milton, it's giving you weird ideas.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Gutz said:
Well, would a mouse kill the cat that was playing with it if it could? Would it have good reason?

Top Bottom