Author Topic: www.berserkstatues.com - discussion thread  (Read 103929 times)

Offline DirectDK

Re: www.berserkstatues.com - discussion thread
« Reply #375 on: February 02, 2011, 08:21:40 AM »
Fantastic photography.  I love the backgrounds.  I think that approach is a big improvement to a cloth backdrop.  Very clean.  It looks like you snuck over to take some photos of guts while he was passed out.  :guts:

Hey Aphasia!  Actually, John takes all those pictures for the kits.  Haha, I wish I had his photo skills =).  He has a pretty slick photo set up too.  I tried to find a picture of it on his website, but I think he took it down.  Man, back in the day when I was taking photos of the AOW stuff with the red background... my camera and lighting sucked, you wouldn't imagine the stuff I tried to do to figure everything out.  I wish I could retake all the photos again, now that I have a better camera... but that's just too much work, hehe.  My AOW section is pretty outdated anyhow.  I haven't updated that section in years since everything is now listed on AOW's website (and their photography has gotten pretty good too).

Offline bruhaha69

« Reply #376 on: February 02, 2011, 08:55:08 PM »
Wow, congrats, DK.  Your man John does it again.  Love the colors on the base.

Offline The Beast of Darkness

« Reply #377 on: February 02, 2011, 09:14:09 PM »
It's once again an amazing paint job from John. Simply magnificent.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #378 on: February 03, 2011, 04:35:46 PM »
That 3rd picture is so cool, love the blood paint work on the sword and his fingers, very realistic. Great stuff John, berserkberserk and DK!
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline DirectDK

« Reply #379 on: September 14, 2011, 10:00:46 PM »
Puck & Ivalera with Custom Diorama

In-Progress Pictures

Finished Pictures

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 12:04:48 AM by DirectDK »

Offline Turkitage

• Of the Nexus
  • ターク
« Reply #380 on: September 14, 2011, 10:39:00 PM »
Awesome Derek! You never give up! Great idea on combining both kits as that base looks fantastic.
"I'm oversensitive about bad jokes." - Griffith." -Turk <3

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #381 on: September 15, 2011, 12:59:18 PM »
Damn that's uber cool! Thanks for sharing. I never would've thought it was 2 kits by just looking at the completed pictures.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline The Beast of Darkness

« Reply #382 on: September 15, 2011, 03:57:04 PM »
This is looking really nice, I love the soft colors. The base is great as well.

Offline Stardustgatzu

« Reply #383 on: September 15, 2011, 08:09:40 PM »
Those two elfs are so nice on this 'Fu...ng' Diorama!

You made a really awesome job! An other fine art piece!

Congrats Derek :slan:
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain<br />And you are young and life is long and there is time to kill today<br />And then one day you find ten years have got behind you<br />No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #384 on: September 17, 2011, 06:53:45 AM »
Very nice! Another gorgeous diorama for your collection you lucky dog!

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #385 on: September 19, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »
Are these kits still available or they're old school out of print aka hard to find!?!

Offline DirectDK

« Reply #386 on: September 19, 2011, 04:23:37 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys!

Are these kits still available or they're old school out of print aka hard to find!?!

They are quite old, actually.  But they pop up on Yahoo Japan fairly often.  At least 2 or 3 times a year (which is fairly often).  You shouldn't have a hard time finding them.  Go get get!! :serpico:

Offline andrewdsz

« Reply #387 on: August 18, 2013, 09:32:13 PM »
hi derik i knoe it is kinda wierd for me to ask but do u have any new reviews for the new statues and any new projects going on with your collection? 

Offline DirectDK

« Reply #388 on: February 27, 2018, 04:54:34 AM »
So I haven't updated this thread since 2011, but just wanted to let everyone know I started a berserkstatues instagram account! Yeah... talk about 5 years late lol.

Please follow if you'd like! I'm more likely to update my Instagram than my site because of convenience (aka I'm too lazy :schierke:). Here are some pics I've posted so far!

Offline Amigokw

« Reply #389 on: February 27, 2018, 10:22:52 AM »
awesome work man congrats for the new SK statue

Offline rockvoanjd

« Reply #390 on: February 27, 2018, 10:00:00 PM »
Whatís the little Schierke statue from? Fan made, garage kit? Looking forward to Prime1s Schierke, Iíve always wanted a statue of her.

Offline DirectDK

« Reply #391 on: February 28, 2018, 10:06:44 PM »
Whatís the little Schierke statue from? Fan made, garage kit? Looking forward to Prime1s Schierke, Iíve always wanted a statue of her.

Honestly, I'm not sure who made it. I saw it on Yahoo Auctions Japan a few days after 2016 Wonder Festival and just picked it up. It is a painted kit (resin). And yes, I cannot wait for more Schierke stuff! She needs more representation!