2017 Berserk TV Series (Season 2)

I also remember seeing 24 or 26 episodes from a few sources up until the first few weeks of the new adaptation, lets hope this means they scrapped the latter half to do a better production.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Atma said:
I also remember seeing 24 or 26 episodes from a few sources up until the first few weeks of the new adaptation, lets hope this means they scrapped the latter half to do a better production.

No, that was just bogus information from clueless people. The plan was to do 12 episodes from the beginning, as one of the producers confirmed.

Demon Knight said:
I think Berserk actually needs to be 30 or 40 min length of episode.
Or if they are going to do 20 mins they should do nearly 30 episode at least.
I hadn't thought of that. That certainly SOUNDS good for berserk, however for TV anime purposes i don't think they would ever do that. Correct me if i'm wrong, i don't know if they have EVER done that.

I can't even imagine how the show would look if they decided they were producing twice the amount of content with the same budget and talent they had in the first season.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
eclipse2017.png

Source: http://berserk-anime.com/special/04event.html#vse

A preliminary screening of the new animation series will debut at a special live event in Tokyo on April 2 . The Eclipse 2017 — Sacrificial Feast (蝕2017 ~生贄たちの宴~) will feature voice actors from the show, along with a live performance by Susumu Hirasawa. It will also "stimulate the five senses." Who's up for some Berserk-themed escargot?

An April screening could place the premiere soon afterwards.

So who's excited?! :guts:

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Walter said:
A preliminary screening of the new animation series will debut at a special live event in Tokyo on April 2 . The Eclipse 2017 — Sacrificial Feast (蝕2017 ~生贄たちの宴~)

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this sounds like a trap from the God Hand :griffnotevil:

I almost forgot about the anime. I refuse to get overly excited about this. My wounds have not healed properly yet.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DANGERDOOOOM said:
I almost forgot about the anime.

No joke, same. Reading this thing, I seriously thought: "Where did the last one end...?" It seems that my brain has quarantined the experience.

I'm excited for the Hirasawa performance. i see the name 9mm parabellum bullet up there again... :schierke: will they be doing a new opening or some one as first season? i hated that opening.

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Kaladin said:
I'm excited for the Hirasawa performance. i see the name 9mm parabellum bullet up there again... :schierke: will they be doing a new opening or some one as first season? i hated that opening.

Hirasawa should be an amazing show as always. He's such a genius when it comes to his music. I didn't mind the 9mm song opening for the anime. I do hope they change up the animation in the opening. Scrap the old one, make a new one. But I'm sure they won't.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:

I am. But probably not for the reasons you'll think. :guts:

I'm excited because a) we'll get something to Watch while the new episodes come out (even if it's just to bable against the show) and b) when we get news about the animation it means we're getting closer to get to the real deal aka the new episodes!

I'm so anxious to see the next one. That last page got me thirsty for more Berserk.

Hail Miura Hail Berserk! :serpico:

Walter said:

Despite having very low expectation, after the poor job made with the previous season, i confess i'm nevertheless excited to see in animation scenes of the likes of Guts vs Zodd and the meeting with Griffith on the Hill of the Swords, the "confrontation" in the Qliphot with Slan, or the Berserk armor in action against Grunbeld. The Falcon of the Millennium Empire arc has so much memorable events to show that i can't help but be a bit excited and hyped.

And, if possible, i hope they'll do a good thorough job with the flashback of Farnese and Serpico, it's a very important section of the story and there's so much to show about it that i think an entire anime episode should be necessary to give it enough justice, although i somewhat doubt they're going to dedicate so much just for a flashback :schierke:

Anyway, i thought that the manga serialization would be resumed about at the same time of the TV series for marketing reasons, if only a preliminary screening is set for april i hope that doesn't mean the manga too will be delayed.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sancho said:
i hope they'll do a good thorough job with the flashback of Farnese and Serpico, it's a very important section of the story and there's so much to show about it that i think an entire anime episode should be necessary to give it enough justice, although i somewhat doubt they're going to dedicate so much just for a flashback :schierke:

It'll get cut :farnese:

Anyway, i thought that the manga serialization would be resumed about at the same time of the TV series for marketing reasons, if only a preliminary screening is set for april i hope that doesn't mean the manga too will be delayed.

Not sure what you mean by delayed. The only indication we have of when it will resume is "Early 2017." And it's only a supposition that the manga relaunch will coincide with the anime's new season.

Walter said:

Probably :ganishka: But the director changed, if he's more competent than the previous he could manage to compress all that in half episode, at least to have their past mentioned, and if he's really good (I was hoping the same for the previous season :ganishka:) also to make it somewhat satisfyng.

Walter said:
it's only a supposition that the manga relaunch will coincide with the anime's new season.

Let's hope it won't, last year the manga resumed from hiatus at June, few days before the launch of the 1st season, and the 2nd will probably begin at May-June. By "early 2017" i hope it won't be after march-april.

Walter said:
Or we'll be given some rushed, nonsensical mess slapped onto the end of an episode again. :schierke: The director clearly has no clue how to handle Farnese, he seemed to prioritize Nina over her.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
I'm excited.
Because probably in the same period the Manga will restart.

And that's all the hype I have for the Anime.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Kind of hoping that they stick with the same song for season 2. Fewer Hirasawa songs getting ruined that way. :slan:

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Hopefully they'll use Oh Ashes more judiciously in this next season. And maybe Sagisu's music will make more sense...or you know, actually work (I still can't get over that Griffith reveal all these months later).

Delta Phi said:
Hopefully they'll use Oh Ashes more judiciously in this next season. And maybe Sagisu's music will make more sense...or you know, actually work (I still can't get over that Griffith reveal all these months later).

That scene was so stupid and hilarious. For those few seconds of silence I thought, "Oh? Oh! They're actually going to try to treat a moment seriously?"

BIG DUMB GUITAR RIFF

"... are you fucking kidding me..."

I don't think that I will be fully prepared for the incompetence on display in Season 2. Guts versus Babe the Blue Ox Zodd is going to look like total shit unless the director can figure out how to do action scenes. And I'm already cringing at the thought of the troll cave. I'm going to be so pissed if they make me laugh like they did with the possessed horse.

Top Bottom