Author Topic: Status of Berserk's Pre-publication  (Read 25809 times)

Online Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
Re: Status of Berserk's Pre-publication
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2018, 02:33:59 PM »
long story short, when an episode ends with just 次回に つづく (continues next time) + no date DOES generally mean it's a hiatus.

Here's the wording for every episode going back to 330, 6 years ago:

https://pastebin.com/jGgZHgJ6

I also went even further back to verify this trend, and 318 had the same wording before a break, as did 297, 279 etc.

https://youtu.be/ewenlya6vLU :guts:

"Continues next time." It might as well say the next episode is coming when the next episode is released, or "when Miura's done drawing it." At least our experts here have a handle on what this nomenclature actually means. Here's hoping Miura is just keeping Hakusensha guessing or that the wait is short... Not to get hopes up, but maybe he just needs an extra month to make sure the next episode is the best one ever? :judo:

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2018, 06:22:22 PM »
That's true, there is only 3 episodes left to make a volume. I tought it was 4 left!

I only expect 8 in Vol 40, so there should be 3 left:

. 351: Forest of Corpses and Thorny Cedars
. 352: Main Culprit
. 353: Final Fragment
. 354: Awakening
. 355: Yo Casca's Back
. 356: TBD
. 357: TBD
. 358: TBD

Do you think future volumes will stay at 8 episodes per volume for a while or it'll come back to 9 episodes like the last few (except 38 wich I tnk had only 8ep in it)?

Other way around -- Vol 39 was the first to only include 8 eps (which was weird, because they could have feasibly bound 351 in the volume). Anyway, I dunno. I think it's more important that he releases 1 volume per year, whether it's 8-9 eps is pretty small potatoes.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Online jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2018, 06:55:59 PM »
I only expect 8 in Vol 40, so there should be 3 left:

. 351: Forest of Corpses and Thorny Cedars
. 352: Main Culprit
. 353: Final Fragment
. 354: Awakening
. 355: Yo Casca's Back
. 356: TBD
. 357: TBD
. 358: TBD

Other way around -- Vol 39 was the first to only include 8 eps (which was weird, because they could have feasibly bound 351 in the volume). Anyway, I dunno. I think it's more important that he releases 1 volume per year, whether it's 8-9 eps is pretty small potatoes.

I meant vol 39 for the 8ep and yeah I had in mind that the new ones are gonna be 8 ep long. My bad.

To be honest I don't care if there is 8,9 or 10. Because like you said as long as he's able to release a volume a year I'll be satisfied.

It was just a curiosity I had in mind.  :slan:

And I thought we still needed 4 to get to 8 Úpisodes for the next volume. I did not really check how many were out already hehe.