Status of Berserk's Pre-publication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
long story short, when an episode ends with just 次回に つづく (continues next time) + no date DOES generally mean it's a hiatus.

Here's the wording for every episode going back to 330, 6 years ago:

https://pastebin.com/jGgZHgJ6

I also went even further back to verify this trend, and 318 had the same wording before a break, as did 297, 279 etc.

https://youtu.be/ewenlya6vLU :guts:

"Continues next time." It might as well say the next episode is coming when the next episode is released, or "when Miura's done drawing it." At least our experts here have a handle on what this nomenclature actually means. Here's hoping Miura is just keeping Hakusensha guessing or that the wait is short... Not to get hopes up, but maybe he just needs an extra month to make sure the next episode is the best one ever? :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
That's true, there is only 3 episodes left to make a volume. I tought it was 4 left!

I only expect 8 in Vol 40, so there should be 3 left:

. 351: Forest of Corpses and Thorny Cedars
. 352: Main Culprit
. 353: Final Fragment
. 354: Awakening
. 355: Yo Casca's Back
. 356: TBD
. 357: TBD
. 358: TBD

jackson_hurley said:
Do you think future volumes will stay at 8 episodes per volume for a while or it'll come back to 9 episodes like the last few (except 38 wich I tnk had only 8ep in it)?

Other way around -- Vol 39 was the first to only include 8 eps (which was weird, because they could have feasibly bound 351 in the volume). Anyway, I dunno. I think it's more important that he releases 1 volume per year, whether it's 8-9 eps is pretty small potatoes.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
I only expect 8 in Vol 40, so there should be 3 left:

. 351: Forest of Corpses and Thorny Cedars
. 352: Main Culprit
. 353: Final Fragment
. 354: Awakening
. 355: Yo Casca's Back
. 356: TBD
. 357: TBD
. 358: TBD

Other way around -- Vol 39 was the first to only include 8 eps (which was weird, because they could have feasibly bound 351 in the volume). Anyway, I dunno. I think it's more important that he releases 1 volume per year, whether it's 8-9 eps is pretty small potatoes.

I meant vol 39 for the 8ep and yeah I had in mind that the new ones are gonna be 8 ep long. My bad.

To be honest I don't care if there is 8,9 or 10. Because like you said as long as he's able to release a volume a year I'll be satisfied.

It was just a curiosity I had in mind. :slan:

And I thought we still needed 4 to get to 8 épisodes for the next volume. I did not really check how many were out already hehe.

For the past 5+ years it is relatively common. The admins made a table chronicling the prepublication release schedule history of Berserk's episodes since episode 100 if you're curious: http://skullknight.net/releases/

I'm guessing we're done for the year unless Santa Griffith has a big surprise for us.
I haven't been a Berserk fan long enough to go through the really long indefinite hiatuses. That must have been rough. But this new schedule seems pretty regular. More Berserk would be better but I can live with 6 releases a year.

therevverend said:
I'm guessing we're done for the year unless Santa Griffith has a big surprise for us.

C'mon, Santa Griffith! Give us a present! I assure you, we've all been very, very evil this year! :griffnotevil:

I haven't been a Berserk fan long enough to go through the really long indefinite hiatuses. That must have been rough. But this new schedule seems pretty regular. More Berserk would be better but I can live with 6 releases a year.

I used to think we Berserk fans had it rough. But to be honest, compared to the likes of, say, Hunter x Hunter or Black Lagoon, which have hiatuses that last for years on end, we don't really have it that bad. Berserk's release schedule might be slow, but it's steady, especially in recent years. And those other manga don't exactly boast the art quality or story complexity that Berserk does, so I have no idea what their excuses are.

And Miura still threw us a bone in the form of Gigantomakhia during that one lengthy year-long "break," so it's not like he left us starving during the worst periods.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
My two cents on the end of December.

Cyrus Jong said:
I used to think we Berserk fans had it rough. But to be honest, compared to the likes of, say, Hunter x Hunter or Black Lagoon
Still waitng for Bastard!! here.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Cyrus Jong said:
And Miura still threw us a bone in the form of Gigantomakhia during that one lengthy year-long "break," so it's not like he left us starving during the worst periods.

Well uh, if he's releasing a series, it's not really a break now is it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Cyrus Jong said:
Well, yeah. That's why I put "break" in quotation marks.

Quotation marks don't matter, what you said just doesn't make any sense in that context. You said Miura threw us a bone (Gigantomakhia) during that break while the creation of Gigantomakhia is precisely why Berserk was on hiatus.

Heiji said:
No episode in 22th issue (09/11).
https://twitter.com/okachifrance/status/1054683577084862465

Hmm, i wonder if Miura is just taking the 6 Month break that he also took like 3 other times in 2016 and 2017.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Those previous 6 month breaks were preempted with announced returns (summer, spring, winter). We don't have anything like that right now, so I wouldn't assume anything. But 6 months from May's release (356) would be November 23. And 6 months from August's release (357) would be February 22.

Ohh, i read the "No Episode" Announcement wrong, it thought that it was for the 23rd of November but it was for the 9th.. but.. doesn't Berserk only come out on the 4th Friday of a month? Or am i remembering it wrong?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Keratos said:
doesn't Berserk only come out on the 4th Friday of a month? Or am i remembering it wrong?

For the past four years it has been sticking to the fourth Friday in a month, but there aren't any rules for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom