Author Topic: Status of Berserk's Pre-publication  (Read 42687 times)

Offline Bunny

Re: Status of Berserk's Pre-publication
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2019, 08:13:14 AM »
Darn :( we're post 26 weeks now. Thought for sure we'd get an episode at the end of Feb :???:

Offline Username has been taken

• Of the Interstice
  • My post our worse
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2019, 11:33:58 AM »
Darn :( we're post 26 weeks now. Thought for sure we'd get an episode at the end of Feb :???:

Well, I think the next chapter is going to be something huge probably very important plot-wise maybe and it might be that Miura wants to take his time to perfect this chapter. It might be a Godhand appearance, or Casca and Guts, Griffith furthering his plans on controlling the hearts and minds of the people, or maybe it might be a chapter full of beautiful awe-inspiring sights once again showing Miura excellent skills as an artist. Whatever it is it will be well worth the wait as per usual that I can guarantee.

where is Skullknight  :SK:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 01:05:24 PM by I know that I know :) »
bang

Offline jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2019, 12:39:38 PM »
My money is for the end of march. Thank you for the update Heiji.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2019, 01:21:28 PM »
No episode on february 22 in the Young Animal.

Well, I shouldn't be surprised, but somehow I am. Thanks for the early update. Now we're truly in uncharted territory.  :shrug:

Well, I think the next chapter is going to be something huge probably very important plot-wise maybe and it might be that Miura wants to take his time to perfect this chapter. It might be a Godhand appearance, or Casca and Guts, Griffith furthering his plans on controlling the hearts and minds of the people, or maybe it might be a chapter full of beautiful awe-inspiring sights once again showing Miura excellent skills as an artist. Whatever it is it will be well worth the wait as per usual that I can guarantee.

There's no way that a 6 month break is the result of Miura not knowing how to execute on a single episode. He releases them in batches, so he's probably spending the time working on his next batch of episodes -- simple as that.

Offline Username has been taken

• Of the Interstice
  • My post our worse
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2019, 01:57:15 PM »
There's no way that a 6 month break is the result of Miura not knowing how to execute on a single episode. He releases them in batches, so he's probably spending the time working on his next batch of episodes -- simple as that.
He makes them in batches :???: makes sense better to release them one after another.
bang

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2019, 02:07:03 PM »
He makes them in batches :???: makes sense better to release them one after another.

5-6 releases dropped randomly throughout a calendar year makes much less business sense than 5-6 sequential monthly releases. Hence batches.

Take a look at the past decade on the release chart and it should make sense how it went from pure chaos to a semblance of order. http://skullknight.net/releases

Offline Delta Phi

• Sylph Sword
  • Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
  • Grail Serpico!
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2019, 02:58:48 PM »
Disappointing, but we shall carry on as always, I suppose. This is why I shouldn't get my hopes up :judo: Thanks for keeping us in the loop Heiji!

Offline Heiji

« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2019, 02:34:37 AM »
Starting with the 5th issue, which will be published this Friday, of the Young Animal, the digital edition will be released on the same day as the paper edition. Until now, the digital edition was released two weeks after the paper edition.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2019, 02:41:34 AM »
Starting with the 5th issue, which will be published this Friday, of the Young Animal, the digital edition will be released on the same day as the paper edition. Until now, the digital edition was released two weeks after the paper edition.

:ganishka: That's great news, except it's crazy that Hakusensha lasted as long as they did with this crazy scheme of not stepping on the toes of print.

Thanks for the update though. This is really great news for Berserk fans. It means there's zero reason not to get the Japanese digital editions officially.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2019, 07:06:30 AM »

Awesome! This decreases the need to rely on scans provided by third parties for fans eager to follow the series' prepublication outside Japan.

Offline Heiji

« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2019, 07:50:00 AM »
No chapter on march 8 in the Young Animal #06.

Offline Bunny

« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2019, 08:06:49 AM »
Great news about the digital edition, unfortunately not so about the chapter :puck:. Thanks for the updates Heiji  :slan:

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2019, 12:53:03 PM »
Well, that's not a surprise. The last time Berserk was released in the second week, as opposed to the fourth week, was nearly 5 years ago (336 - 08/08/14).

Offline Heiji

« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2019, 07:54:21 AM »
No chapter on march 22 in the Young Animal #07.

Offline Bunny

« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2019, 08:04:49 AM »
Yikes up to 34 weeks now :sad: hopefully we got some good news soon. But thanks for the update Heiji.

Offline Keratos

« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2019, 02:24:30 PM »
This is my biggest Berserk Hiatus so far, i'll get used to them one day. :shrug:

Thanks for the updates Heiji!

Offline DANGERDOOOOM

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
  • "He was a strange man. Somehow inhuman..."
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2019, 10:08:14 PM »
Heiji, I can't tell if you're a curse or a blessing.

Please Miura. Bless us with a taste of something.

Offline Heiji

« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2019, 11:22:22 PM »
No chapter on april 12 in the Young Animal #08.

Offline Bunny

« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2019, 11:43:53 PM »
The second week release curse continues :schierke:

Offline vampira

« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2019, 11:03:16 PM »
At this point I don't know who's more cursed, Guts or us as the readers  :shrug:

Offline ApostleBob

• Inhuman Cinephile
  • Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
« Reply #145 on: Today at 03:59:47 AM »
Hopefully, the delay is because Miura's working on a bombshell, whether in Falconia or Elfhelm. I'm expecting the next batch to be especially good. Hopefully we see the Godhand, Skully, or Casca and Guts. The Bakiraka village would be pretty amazing too.