Episode 347

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, thanks!
Will definitely need to see more to confirm, but it appears she's gathered the girls for the "dream team." :casca:

They're heading through some fungal region of the tree. Perhaps hallucinations play a role in the Corridor of Dreams.

That familiar stone face being gnawed on by the armor in Farnese's dream... :mozgus:

oh man oh man oh man, glad we're getting more of the this tree, miura is really showing the massive scale.

MOZGUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! :mozgus:

can't wait to see the rest

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
So Guts is handing over the dream job to Schierke and Farnesse? Poor guy can't catch a break. But it looks like we'll be getting a glimpse into each of those character's minds which will be awesome!

Depending on how slow they take this, this would be a great time to show the events that led to Schierke being trained by Flora. In any case, There's potential for a lot of info to be shared around and after this the three girls are definitley going to be very close.

wow, this is amazing! Miura is just hitting the ground running.
i did not think that it would happen so fast. I'm a tad sad this won't be between Casca and Guts, at least from what is shown here. But it is interesting that the two people with feelings for guts is going to help Casca. I was not keen on this idea at first but maybe this could be a great way for all of them to become closer, like sisters. Casca has never had a female friend and I think she would adore Sherike and Farnese! :casca:

I can't wait to see the full episode! I too wanted
Guts to be the one to "save" Casca, but having it be Schierke and Farnese who do it makes more sense since, y'know, they're witches and all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Puck and Magnifico get scolded, and Puck turns on Magnifico, telling him his evil plan is over.
The Sovereign of the Flower Storm tells the group that "It's possible, if I use the Corridor of Dreams."
Guts' reaction is as expected: "You really can!?"
We also see him saying "Ok, I'll leave it to you". Presumably agreeing to what Danan has laid out (and with the help of the people she chose).
She praises his(?) understanding, and says that "two of you can get into her dreams".
We then see their own dreams, and it is fitting that Schierke is being harassed by MonkiDro. Everything is going according to the plan (for their eventual love story). :idea:
Love that Farnese scrubs the armor while it's eating at a Mozgus rock too. Very fitting.

Thanks for the translations Azealh, I didn't expect the corridor of dreams to be an actual place, instersting designs for those new rooms. I would have really liked to have seen Guts regain Cascas mind himself since they both have a shared trauma, but if Schierke and Farnese do enter Cascas nightmares, or her old memories, this may be a good way for them to learn who Casca is and what drove her mad, especially since this question came up before; And they both have the hots for Guts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wenliinvictus said:
Thanks for the translations Azealh, I didn't expect the corridor of dreams to be an actual place, instersting designs for those new rooms.

I don't think these pictures show it to be an actual place. The girls are just laying down on some pads while the ritual takes place, but it's Danan who makes it all happen. Maybe that specific place in the tree is a key component to the ritual, but if so it hasn't been revealed yet.

Wenliinvictus said:
I would have really liked to have seen Guts regain Cascas mind himself since they both have a shared trauma, but if Schierke and Farnese do enter Cascas nightmares, or her old memories, this may be a good way for them to learn who Casca is and what drove her mad

Guts felt like the natural choice given their history together, but in a way it's more interesting to have other people do it. They will be exposed to Casca's inner mind, see new things about her and Guts' past (which may eventually help Farnese to move on), and it could lay the foundation for them forging a stronger bond afterwards... The fact they're both familiar with out-of-body experiences is also likely to have been part of the choice. Also, we get to see their own dreams and it's already super interesting to me in and of itself. Not to mention that it shows once more why Guts needs companions, and how they are there when it really matters.

Another way to look at it is that Guts might be too close to Casca's trauma for him to be involved. He already has trouble with his own feelings. Having more neutral third parties take care of it could be for the best in that regard. Not to mention that given the nature of Casca's trauma (and her current adverse reaction to men in general), sending females inside her mind seems like the more sensitive approach. Lastly, from a storytelling perspective, Guts not getting to see Casca's inner mind first hand is probably more compelling for future developments.

What will they find there? How will they interpret it? How will they get her to "come back"? How will she feel towards Guts afterwards? It's all going to be huge.

Wonder if Guts would even be able to keep his anger :beast: at bay if he was to enter the dreams as well. Considering he could likely be taken back to the Eclipse. I guess it would be a bit predictable if it was Guts who would bring Casca back. As usual it's difficult predicting what Miura will do and it only makes me even more hyped for this. I'm waiting so long... :casca:

hehe that Mozgus rock is great!

Guys the cover of the new upcoming Guidebook has been released :ubik: I absolutely love it!

8nmekFuJYg0wnI1ofj3377DU2dmSWeMmv8-R8eHsk3E.jpg

That cover is pretty great. I hope it's volume 39's cover as well. The bright colors contrast well with how I think of Berserk, and really highlight how far Guts has come.

So, so amazing... This is one episode I'll want to keep original. So, may I ask (out of the matter), is it too soon for me to purchase it, or is it already out? I'm not familiar with the releasing dates. :farnese:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DarkAdin said:
So, so amazing... This is one episode I'll want to keep original. So, may I ask (out of the matter), is it too soon for me to purchase it, or is it already out? I'm not familiar with the releasing dates. :farnese:

Young Animal always comes out on Friday (specifically, the second and fourth Friday of the month). So no, it's not out yet, it will be on September 23.

Great previews, I'm also intrigued by the idea that Farnese and Schierke will be going in instead of Guts, I didn't expect that. I like the full shot of Danan, it looks so detailed and the wings are great. Can't wait to see more! :)

(Also love the Mozgus rock face as well!) :mozgus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
I'm sad for Azan on that illustration, we barely see him.

You can thank that garish cover redesign for that. The illustration is no doubt slightly wider and thus the sides got cut off by the "pillars" on the cover. Another funny thing is that the Dragon Slayer disappears behind Guts' head... Nothing on the other side. I hope we can get the full illustration as well as this version.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
You can thank that garish cover redesign for that. The illustration is no doubt slightly wider and thus the sides got cut off by the "pillars" on the cover. Another funny thing is that the Dragon Slayer disappears behind Guts' head... Nothing on the other side. I hope we can get the full illustration as well as this version.

Yeah that thought came to mind also. I figured for the Dragon Slayer that it was a style choice? I'd like to see the full illustration at some point. And I just noticed a tiny shot of Magnifico's face. Awesome. :ganishka:

Top Bottom