Author Topic: Will Rosine be mentioned soon?  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Skull

Will Rosine be mentioned soon?
« on: September 24, 2016, 10:32:36 AM »
Is anyone getting the feeling Rosine will be mentioned soon?

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
Re: Will Rosine be mentioned soon?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 11:01:56 AM »
Is anyone getting the feeling Rosine will be mentioned soon?

No, why? Because they're in Elfhelm and she paraded as a fake elf queen?
I feel like the opportunity for her to be mentioned has passed for the time being. The coming episodes will focus on Casca and other such important matters.
Also, while it would be nice for Puck or Guts to talk about her (which is still possible, but not in the immediate future), I feel like by itself it wouldn't amount to much: a mention in passing, an anecdote.

Offline Mammon

• Of the Interstice
  • Mangoku army
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 12:51:03 PM »
And to be honest, Puck has probably already forgotten her  :iva:

Offline Skull

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 02:16:04 AM »
No, why? Because they're in Elfhelm and she paraded as a fake elf queen?
I feel like the opportunity for her to be mentioned has passed for the time being. The coming episodes will focus on Casca and other such important matters.
Also, while it would be nice for Puck or Guts to talk about her (which is still possible, but not in the immediate future), I feel like by itself it wouldn't amount to much: a mention in passing, an anecdote.

Yea, I am just getting a feeling that she might be brought up for some reason.

Offline Cyrus Jong

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 04:41:13 AM »
Rosine's irrelevant. She may have been designed as a crude imitation of an elf, she may have fancied herself as the queen of elvenkind, but in the end, she would just be an apostle as far as the witches and real elves are concerned, no different from the thousands of others serving under Griffith. And she's dead, which makes her even more meaningless.

That aside, it might be possible for the events of Lost Children to have some relevance in the future. We know the tree in the Misty Valley where Rosine made her "nest" used to be a home for elves, and may even have been a spirit tree. Unfortunately, since Guts set it aflame, I doubt there will be any reason to revisit that location, and that the most it can warrant is a brief mention or callback.

Offline DANGERDOOOOM

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
  • "He was a strange man. Somehow inhuman..."
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 12:08:09 AM »
Yea, I am just getting a feeling that she might be brought up for some reason.

It wouldn't be for any significant reason. As Aaz had stated, if she were brought up, it would be of no substantial importance or provide any key progress to the story. Either Puck or Guts could relate something-or-rather to Rosine, but that idea will soon fade because of how crucial Casca's story is as of now.