Berserk > Character Cove

At what point in the Golden Arc did Guts surpass Griffith in swordsmanship?

(1/7) > >>

TakedaKershaw:
Hi everyone this is my first post on Skullknight so I apologise if this is a bit of a nooby question. My question is at what point did Guts surpass Griffith in combat ability during the Golden Age Arc? We see in 04 BE Griffith outsmarts and out skills Guts in combat. In the second fight they have on the hill it could be argued the fight was quite close with Guts actually landing a few hits on Griffith. But then when Guts leaves The Band Of The Hawk  and duels Griffith again for his freedom it seems he beats Griffith quite easily. So when does Guts become stronger? I know this question is more speculation than anything else however I just wanted to check if I missed anything out in the manga that could have indicated Guts surpassing Griffith in combat ability.  :guts:

Walter:
After the three years he was with the Falcons. Guts trained for battle every day, while Griffith began focusing his time and efforts elsewhere.

--- Quote ---We see in 04 BE Griffith outsmarts and out skills Guts in combat.
--- End quote ---
What does 04 BE signify? There isn't an agreed-upon time table for Berserk's events, though I have cobbled one together for reference purposes.

ApostleBob:

--- Quote from: Walter on September 28, 2016, 04:28:21 PM ---After the three years he was with the Falcons. Guts trained for battle every day, while Griffith began focusing his time and efforts elsewhere.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. As Griffith's army grew and the Falcons gained in reputation, he had to focus more on the larger picture and strategy while Guts was getting front line experience regularly and trained so often that the other Falcons teased him about it. It was a gradual process.  Not to mention that in addition to skill improvements, Guts grew from a teenager into a man, with significant physical strength.

TakedaKershaw:
That does make sense with Griffith focusing a lot on leading his troops and trying to win the kings favour by attending balls and doing other such noble related things. it makes sense that Guts would surpass him after being in so many battles. Also thanks for the reply! I do apologise for getting the date wrong I tried to find out what the date was when Griffith fought Guts for reference and all I could find was 04BE and thanks for the timeline that is super helpful.

Vixen Comics:
I always wondered how Guts might have fared in his little rematch with Griffith had he not been still wounded by their first encounter. But seeing how Griffith owned him in the blink of an eye, maybe him more hale may not have made a difference in that situation...God, even all that has happened I miss Guts and Griffith's old friendship...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version