Berserk DVD 6: GODS HAND

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BerserkDVD6.jpg
Release Date: May 27th
Back of DVD: "When Guts first joined Griffith and the Band of the Hawk, the wheels of fate were set in motion. Since that time, Guts has learned the lessons of the battlefield and embraced his own path. Griffith has tasted ultimate victory and ultimate defeat. Caska has cast away her dead dreams and found new ones. Now all of the pawns are in place, and the Great Eclipse draws near. The terrible truth behind Griffith's destiny is revealed as the sun turns to sackcloth and the seas to blood. Dubbed and Subtitled."

-------------

I really hope they call it Causality, not Fate in the actual translation. There really is a difference between the two. Also, if they're going to go ahead and turn "God Hand" into "Gods Hand", at least use the appropriate fucking apostrophe for a possessive noun, christ. GOD'S HAND, people! Whoever hired that guy is officially fired by me. I want his things packed by the end of the fucking day.

Edit: Just remembered from my writing classes that in marketing/advertising, spelling and correct grammer/punctuation are thrown out the window as long as whatever is printed sells the product. So it's not inherently wrong, it just makes MediaBlasters look stupid (or make ME look like a picky, pretentious ass).

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Give me $3.50 and I can snipe him from 500 meters away! ;D

That from the guy who is fighting "fate" one swing at the time.

Also, what is the diffference between casuality and fate?
For that matter what does casuality mean ?

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
The Blackswordsman said:

This is how I see it:
Causality is the principle of cause and effect, which in Berserk is controlled by Idea. Humans are all subjected to the law of causality, which basically means they don't have any free will.
Fate is just something that is meant to happen. Whatever you do, the outcome is fated.

I also like the term causality more, since it sounds more scientific, and it's a broader concept.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Btw, there are many people here that are swimming in big mistake. I say for everybody, do not talk about casualty anymore, it is
CAUSALITY

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
krebs4life said:
well im glad that they had the piece of mind to use that picture on the front
They covered up the nips =). I'm much more of a fan of the volume 13 cover, personally. This one's a little weak in comparison.

that pic has always been my favorite from berserk

i think it sums up the entire series with one simple frame

the vol 13 cover has pros and cons over this one
but i feel this cropped one, makes you realize the pain and the suffering simply by looking at guts eyes, rather than the entire eclipse

it hits home on more of a personal level

edit: why the fuck does guts only have one eye in that pic
re-edit: nevermind

FUNKY

I'm not a llama(anymore)!
"the sun turns to sackcloth" - huh?
what the hell does that mean?
maybe i have not been exposed to this statement in the past.
is it a common one for saying "the moon blocks the sun"?
sackcloth?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
FUNKY said:
"the sun turns to sackcloth" - huh?
what the hell does that mean?
maybe i have not been exposed to this statement in the past.
is it a common one for saying "the moon blocks the sun"?
sackcloth?

Metallica_black_album.jpg

Metallica's "sackcloth" album.​

FUNKY

this is for those who havent seen the original pic from the LD from the LBC
ld13.jpg

guts looks so happy dont he?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
FUNKY said:
this is for those who havent seen the original pic from the LD from the LBC
guts looks so happy dont he?
Hes holding a butiful naked woman, is there a reason not to be happy?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
with so much drama from the LBC
It's kinda hard being snoopy o double g but I... somehow, someway keep comin up with funky ass shit like EVERY single day.

Funky = Snoop Doggy Dog? LBC = Long Beach Cali ?

FUNKY

Walter said:
with so much drama from the LBC
It's kinda hard being snoopy o double g but I... somehow, someway keep comin up with funky ass shit like EVERY single day.

Funky = Snoop Doggy Dog? LBC = Long Beach Cali ?

fa snizel my nizel

May I kick a little somethin' for the G's and make a few billions as I
breeze through
Two in the mornin' and the party's still jumpin' 'cause my mama ain't
home.
I got bitches in the livin' room gettin' it on
And they Ain't leavin' till 6 in the morning
So whatcha wanna do?
I got a pocket full of rubbers and my home boys do too
So turn off the lights and close the door
But for what--we don't love you hoes
Yeahhh so we gonna smoke an oucne to this
G's up hoes down while ya motherfuckas bounce to this.

Mizar said:
The Blackswordsman said:

This is how I see it:
Causality is the principle of cause and effect, which in Berserk is controlled by Idea. Humans are all subjected to the law of causality, which basically means they don't have any free will.
Fate is just something that is meant to happen. Whatever you do, the outcome is fated.

I also like the term causality more, since it sounds more scientific, and it's a broader concept.

Seems weird to post when everything goes off-topic but anyhow, I still dont get the difference between Causality and Fate.

I could rewrite what you said by saying :

Fate is the principle of destiny(eventual effect and causes leading to it), which in Berserk is controlled by Idea. Humans are all subjected to the law of fate, which basically means they don't have any free will.

T

temporary

Walter said:
BerserkDVD6.jpg
Release Date: May 27th
Back of DVD: "When Guts first joined Griffith and the Band of the Hawk, the wheels of fate were set in motion. Since that time, Guts has learned the lessons of the battlefield and embraced his own path. Griffith has tasted ultimate victory and ultimate defeat. Caska has cast away her dead dreams and found new ones. Now all of the pawns are in place, and the Great Eclipse draws near. The terrible truth behind Griffith's destiny is revealed as the sun turns to sackcloth and the seas to blood. Dubbed and Subtitled."

-------------

I really hope they call it Causality, not Fate in the actual translation. There really is a difference between the two. Also, if they're going to go ahead and turn "God Hand" into "Gods Hand", at least use the appropriate fucking apostrophe for a possessive noun, christ. GOD'S HAND, people! Whoever hired that guy is officially fired by me. I want his things packed by the end of the fucking day.

Edit: Just remembered from my writing classes that in marketing/advertising, spelling and correct grammer/punctuation are thrown out the window as long as whatever is printed sells the product. So it's not inherently wrong, it just makes MediaBlasters look stupid (or make ME look like a picky, pretentious ass).

Real funny you worthless pile of bile!

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I'm gonna hafta remember to start a "End of Berserk" thread on FFO at the end of may just to quell the massive threads of
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That I'm sure will pop up.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
I was wondering what causality meant... When it was spelled wrong I thought you meant like casualty, dead bodies. Here's the definition for people who want to know...

Causality: The relationship between cause and effect. A causal agency, force, or quality.

P.S. Volume 6 comes out tomorrow.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
First of all, not once is the word causality mentioned- in the dub anyway. I have yet to watch it subbed. About punctuation, or spelling for that matter, on the back of DVD 2 it says "poweful" instead of "powerful".

The dubbing was pretty good, while some of the Godhands voices I did not approve of. Conrad did not have a good voice. Slan sounded a bit too evil. Ubik and Void sound pretty good though, and I liked their voices. The DVD also has a small video of some Japanese people painting Berserk pictures on walls. ;p

In the end I was pretty pleased with the U.S. release, and hope that it paves the way for more Berserk animation.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Mizar said:
This is how I see it:

My first thought when I saw the word causality was that it was CASUALITY spelled wrong. My mistake.Then again Berserk certainly seems to have a lot of CASUALITIES too.

LOL

LG

Top Bottom